• Oct 26th, 2009 2:29 pm
[OP]
Jul 29, 2006
26 posts
7 upvotes

[Subway] 34th Annual Trinity College Book Sale -- GTA only

34th Annual Friends of the Library Book Sale
23-27 October 2009

Seeley Hall, Trinity College, 6 Hoskin Avenue, Toronto (close to Museum and St. George subway stations)
Opening night, Friday, October 23, 4 pm - 9 pm (admission charge $5);

No admission charge after opening night
Saturday, October 24, 10 am - 8 pm
Sunday, October 25, Noon - 8 pm
Monday & Tuesday, October 26-27, 10 am - 8 pm.

Credit (VISA, MC, AMEX) and debit cards and personal cheques (with adequate identification) are accepted.

http://www.trinity.utoronto.ca/Library_ ... k_Sale.htm
6 replies
Mar 12, 2005
987 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
used to love these when I was back at UofT... esp Trinity and University College.

some great deals to be had!
Winner of an XBox 360... Wednesday October 26th

On December 24th 2005, Trolldealhunter wrote "i dont want to see this year going to waste, last year the Tsunami made me miss the deals" ... talk about perspective when it comes to Boxing Day deals...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7382 posts
1357 upvotes
Toronto
z_squared wrote: used to love these when I was back at UofT... esp Trinity and University College.

some great deals to be had!
These sales used to be great but there has been "price creep" (upwards) the past few years. If you are looking for books to read then you will generally do better at yard sales where people generally sell their books off very cheap.

But still the university sales are a bit cheaper than most used book stores which have to pay for staff, overhead, inventory, rent, etc.
Aug 22, 2007
768 posts
56 upvotes
this is good for those of you who want to fill your bookcase with books. I don't know why, but I like to display all the books I have read. Sort of nostalgic when I look at the stuff I have read and like.

Probably won't read 80% of the stuff on my bookshelf but that is not the point.
Jan 16, 2009
242 posts
11 upvotes
I went today. It was stuffy and crowded and unpleasant. Some great deals on books, but they need to do something about the crowd control, or putting it in a bigger room or something. There's hardly any room to move.

Here is the link to all of the annual booksales. I like the University College one the best, especially their paperback rooms on the main floor, $1 each, or 6 for $5.