Cell Phones

$39 for 9 GB from Freedom to Virgin (GTA)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2020 1:20 pm
[OP]
Sep 8, 2015
59 posts
5 upvotes

$39 for 9 GB from Freedom to Virgin (GTA)

So I went to best buy and they said well if you are coming from freedom then it's $11 off on that $50 plan.
So I transferred to freedom and then to virgin to get the deal. Not sure how long this deal is around.
I still save money compared to what I had before with more data.

This is only for 2 years after which it'll go back to $50/mo. but I'm sure there will be other deals.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5277 posts
1241 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
captnoon4545 wrote: So I went to best buy and they said well if you are coming from freedom then it's $11 off on that $50 plan.
So I transferred to freedom and then to virgin to get the deal. Not sure how long this deal is around.

This is only for 2 years after which it'll go back to $50/mo. but I'm sure there will be other deals.
Good for you, BUt I'm I am staying with freedom. as I save more just fdor staying with them.

Freedom Mobile F&F

[OP]
Sep 8, 2015
59 posts
5 upvotes
d1ulove3 wrote: Good for you, BUt I'm I am staying with freedom. as I save more just fdor staying with them.
Signal strenth was a big issue with both fido and freedom. It's better with virgin.
Aug 13, 2015
298 posts
355 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
captnoon4545 wrote: So I went to best buy and they said well if you are coming from freedom then it's $11 off on that $50 plan.

Are you locked in for 2 years?
Oct 13, 2008
707 posts
402 upvotes
Mississauga
adaniel wrote: Are you locked in for 2 years?
No contract, price is good for 2 years. I signed up at WM last week too.
Aug 23, 2015
48 posts
6 upvotes
Milton, ON
adaniel wrote: Are you locked in for 2 years?
the discount of $11/mo is only for 2 years.
Oct 24, 2017
11 posts
1 upvote
there's a $50 plan with 9gb? All I see is $50 for a pitiful 4gb

(im with freedom looking to switch)

edit: called Virgin and they said they have no promos for Freedom customers looking to switch or really anything competitive at all
Aug 23, 2015
48 posts
6 upvotes
Milton, ON
MatB86 wrote: there's a $50 plan with 9gb? All I see is $50 for a pitiful 4gb

(im with freedom looking to switch)

edit: called Virgin and they said they have no promos for Freedom customers looking to switch or really anything competitive at all

Go to a store or kiosk like Superstore or Walmart one.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1355 posts
381 upvotes
Brampton
Will I get the deal if I activate prepaid on Freedom and go to walmart and ask for migration to koodo/fido?
Apr 10, 2020
258 posts
982 upvotes
dealerguy wrote: Will I get the deal if I activate prepaid on Freedom and go to walmart and ask for migration to koodo/fido?
You can give it a try. From what I know, some Walmart locations still seem to be offering this plan.