Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
fizz

$39 for 9GB Data + Unlimited Call & Text (QC + Ottawa)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2021 9:29 pm
Nov 28, 2013
40 posts
45 upvotes
SHERBROOKE
Growing pain is indeed a thing of the past. Last issues I have encountered were in the first months of 2019.

I have converted most of my colleagues to Fizz. Nowadays, when someone at the office is low on data, they just ask around and we gift unused data. It's a very nice option.
Sep 29, 2018
154 posts
246 upvotes
Temporel wrote: And $35 if Québec coverage is enough for you.
$32 if you don't take texts. Incoming SMS are always Free.

May I ask what you use for voicemail?
Get YouMail for voicemail. Works greats and blocks unwanted spam calls. Have the app for 3 years now.
Nov 12, 2013
147 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
TheStefmeister wrote: I hope that Videotron will purchase freedom mobile.
Not so sure about that. Freedom is owned by Shaw and they’re merging with Robbers Loudly Crying Face
Nov 6, 2006
697 posts
96 upvotes
Montréal
I Have fizz for 2 years now, i just take the lowest price, 2 GB data , and no minutes or SMS, I pay 22$ / month, tax in ...
I cannot be more happy of the price

I just add from time to time 10$ to call and send SMS . most of the time I use Messenger or Whaspps to call .
And if I neeed to call landline, I use a Voip.ms service

By doing this way, I save 500-700$ per year !
Dec 15, 2017
215 posts
149 upvotes
keinooj wrote: Freedom is owned by Shaw and they’re merging with Robbers Loudly Crying Face
If Rogers' acquisition of Shaw goes through, I am 99% sure that Rogers will divest freedom/shaw mobile.
- Do not repair what works!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
993 upvotes
GTA
Zamot18 wrote: Get YouMail for voicemail. Works greats and blocks unwanted spam calls. Have the app for 3 years now.
Reviews are horrible though.
Jun 8, 2020
25 posts
7 upvotes
Very excited to get on this plan once I upgrade to a phone compatible with Fizz's network bands!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2004
2422 posts
167 upvotes
Ottawa
Getting past the old beta days with outages and no SMS shortcodes, it's great being able to have Fizz in Ottawa. Still have my 8GB Canada/US plan for $45 taxes in / month. The rollover data is great, always have 20+GB
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1340 posts
1753 upvotes
Montreal
Relaxe wrote: Growing pain is indeed a thing of the past. Last issues I have encountered were in the first months of 2019.

I have converted most of my colleagues to Fizz. Nowadays, when someone at the office is low on data, they just ask around and we gift unused data. It's a very nice option.
Growing pains are a thing of the past, for the most part, yes. However, there are places where all providers have difficulty with reception (like my basement). When my phone had Bell service (company line), it would fall back on Wi-Fi calling in these situations. Fizz still doesn't support Wi-Fi calling, so my phone is basically unusable in my house. It's quite annoying.
Sep 20, 2018
973 posts
1496 upvotes
Montreal
Wow. I literally just signed onto Rogers 15GB EPP for $52/mo Unlimited data 5G blah blah
But this is tempting, I'd be willing to sacrifice 5G "unlimited" for $39 a month...
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10555 posts
19667 upvotes
Montreal
kaboom987 wrote: Wow. I literally just signed onto Rogers 15GB EPP for $52/mo Unlimited data 5G blah blah
But this is tempting, I'd be willing to sacrifice 5G "unlimited" for $39 a month...
What do you do with 5G that you couldn't do on Fizz's LTE network?

Unlimited? How much do you really use each month?

Look at "barrist" 3 posts above: "The rollover data [for 2 months!] is great, always have 20+GB".

That's on top of the "gifting" between Fizz members if you ever find yourself short during a month.

Also, there's a data exchange on Reddit (if you don't know any other Fizz subscribers) where people who have too much data offer it and people who are short ask for it. Because everyone has the rollover of data with Fizz, there are way more people who have too much data than people who don't have enough so it's actually difficult to give data away!

With a $50 referral bonus, it's cheap to try! You can always go back to your more expensive 5G provider that has no rolling over of data. :)
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1977 posts
1152 upvotes
Laval
second2none wrote: Well I’m not with Fizz. Basic VM is included with my plan. I personally hate VM. I wouldn’t care if I didn’t have it. Between caller ID and text messages, no one leaves messages anymore. And when they do I get pissed because I need to call my voicemail and go through the stupid auto attendant to delete it. The only time I can see it being a problem is if I miss a call from a hospital or Dr. because they block their number. That’s rare.
Voicemail is a must. Even if it's not from your entourage but hospitals/clinics, govmt offices, other professionals still do. Granted you don't receive calls from them but when you do, it's convenient to be able to reach them back.
Feb 25, 2015
472 posts
254 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I switched from koodo to Fizz today on that plan.
I was on BYOD on koodo. The transfer went very smoothly.
I took advantage as well from the $50 reference
Thank you
Sep 20, 2018
973 posts
1496 upvotes
Montreal
Just swapped over today, on the $39 plan for 9GB unlimited talk, text and voicemail.
Let's give her a whirl after 15-years with Rogers.

$75 referral bonus helped!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1123 posts
871 upvotes
Temporel wrote: Fizz adjust their mobile pricing from time to time and did so around August 10th. Some plans were dropped, others were added and a $2 price DECREASE were applied on some. The 9 GB option was $22 and is $13 now but other plans changed and/or went down like the 12 GB plan that was $28 that is gone and replaced by 11 GB @ $19 or 13 GB @ $24. The 14 GB plan is gone and replaced by 15 GB @ $29. So it's hard to say if it's a "deal" or a plan adjustment.

My guess is that contrary to Home Internet prices, mobile data plan prices are heading down so I think this "deal" will be on for a while.
The big telecom fat cats have invested in tons of companies that need people to be online at all time to spend money

cheap data means more customers.
Sep 8, 2007
345 posts
272 upvotes
second2none wrote: Well I’m not with Fizz. Basic VM is included with my plan. I personally hate VM. I wouldn’t care if I didn’t have it. Between caller ID and text messages, no one leaves messages anymore. And when they do I get pissed because I need to call my voicemail and go through the stupid auto attendant to delete it. The only time I can see it being a problem is if I miss a call from a hospital or Dr. because they block their number. That’s rare.
Fizz doesn't have Caller ID :( I'm very happy with the service but the two main things they do that annoy me is 1) no caller ID and 2) they compress MMS messages and ruins the image quality
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
10555 posts
19667 upvotes
Montreal
jeeva86 wrote: Do they ever have deals on phones like Walmart gcs?
Nope. That's as good as it gets with the $75 referral bonus.
Feb 25, 2015
472 posts
254 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I switched to Fizz from koodo 2 weeks ago. Here are my notes:

1- happened 2 times: I was outdoors, The internet was not working even though the LTE icon appears. I tried different apps and there was no internet. I had to drive to a different location then the internet worked.
This is a red flag for me. This never happened with me with Kodoo in complete 4 years.

2- Fizz doesn't have Volte option. This means when I'm outdoor and I'm on a call, the internet goes to lower speed 4G instead of lte. The speed is not my issue, the real issue is the response of the internet becomes slow, like when I click on a link in Google Chrome (for example), it takes a while to start loading the page to the point I think I didn't clicked on the link. I believe it's the latency that becomes problematic.

3- I was in the Jewish hospital in the basement. My Fizz has no signal at all, while my partner Kodoo was full signal LTE+. Both of us have the same Samsung phone model

All that in only 2 weeks.

One positive point for Fizz:
They do have a fully visual voicemail for Android included through their app "Fizz visual voicemail" on Google Play store

Honestly I hope I get a winback from koodo. For sure I'm not staying with Fizz more than 1 more month maximum
I need a reliable and fast mobile connection

For anyone who think to switch to Fizz, if you don't mind not having very reliable service, go Fizz. I would say they are 80%- 85% reliable in my opinion. This is not for me but this can be ok for many people.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)