Expired Hot Deals

fizz

$39 for 9GB Data + Unlimited Call & Text (QC + Ottawa)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2021 9:29 pm
Jul 26, 2008
761 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
What is the process to port a number into Fizz. A Fongo number ? Do we open a new fizz account with the new plan then do the number port after receiving the SIM ?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8885 posts
15904 upvotes
Montreal
naimc wrote: What is the process to port a number into Fizz. A Fongo number ? Do we open a new fizz account with the new plan then do the number port after receiving the SIM ?
At the moment, you can not port a VoIP number (like Fongo) to Fizz directly. You have to port first to a third party like Bell or Vidéotron and then from there to Fizz.
Apr 16, 2013
553 posts
573 upvotes
Surrey
TynanV wrote: Is there any workaround for being able to keep my old number with Fizz? It's an out-of-Province number, which is the only reason I haven't switched to Fizz mobile yet, I already use them for my internet. They'll only let you carry over your old number if it has an area code that's "inside the subscription area."
It's not just Fizz, every provider is like that. In order to Port in a number, a provider has to be able to have there own local numbers in the area in order to Port in a local number.

Example: I have a 604-213-XYXY number. I am unable to Port this number to Freedom or Shaw Mobile because they don't have there own local numbers in this Region. Another Example is a number from Stewart BC/ Hyder Alaska Telus Mobility is the only Provider in this Region that has local numbers so you are unable to Port numbers from Stewart BC to Bell or Rogers. Another Example is very very rural areas in all Provinces is you can only Port numbers from those regions to Bell or Telus because Rogers just doesn't have local numbers in those regions.
Jul 26, 2008
761 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: At the moment, you can not port a VoIP number (like Fongo) to Fizz directly. You have to port first to a third party like Bell or Vidéotron and then from there to Fizz.
So the number I want to port is local number is originally was with Telus, in the 514-794-xxxx (montreal region) , ported to fongo 5 years ago. does that change anything ? with Fizz's ability to port in ?
Jul 26, 2008
761 posts
902 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: ⬆ I don't think so but who am I to say that? Ask Fizz.

"It is currently impossible for us to transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP."

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

I think you will have to go the VoIP.ms way. PM me if you have any question.
Got it , I have to try something like this : ( found on a fizz forum : https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/185 ... fongo-voip )
"Last year I transfered my fongo number to petro canada mobile,this year I transfered the number to Fizz. Buy sim at a petro canada station,activite on line ,you get a number ,call service you can transfer fongo number to petro canada mobile.It took 7-10days.(10$ sim+10$ voucher)+tax"
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8885 posts
15904 upvotes
Montreal
⬆ Yes, use a third party to transfer from Fongo to Fizz. Sorry, my last post was wrong; I mixed you up with "TynanV". Oups!
Mar 4, 2006
376 posts
186 upvotes
Ottawa
Temporel wrote: ⬆ Yes, use a third party to transfer from Fongo to Fizz. Sorry, my last post was wrong; I mixed you up with "TynanV". Oups!
This is correct. We just did this for my wife last week. Switched from Fongo to Koodo $
($15 prepaid month) and then switched to Fizz. The Fongo to Koodo was a bit painful but then the switch to Fizz was fast and easy.

We are in Ottawa btw.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2735 posts
1157 upvotes
Quebec
DoorCrasher wrote: take into consideration that if you use your Fizz plan on a partner's network for more than 3 consecutive payment cycles Fizz could block your access to the partner's network

Partner networks: How does expanded coverage work?
The expanded coverage zone is for our mobile members who travel in specific regions not covered by the Fizz network (Subscription area). It is intended for occasional coverage, and applies to Quebec, Canada and USA.

The majority of your usage (calls, texts and data) must be done on the Fizz network (Subscription area).

We reserve the right to interrupt or block access to our network of partner providers Fizz EXT if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment cycles.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

I guess you just don't know what yuo are talking about...

Fizz AND Vidéotron DOES offer the caller ID feature
They show the number they call

But they don’t know the name that calls like other provider offers
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7444 posts
7891 upvotes
ratatapa wrote: They show the number they call

But they don’t know the name that calls like other provider offers
Never had issue with this. As far as I know the name shows, unless it is blocked by the one who calls

Now I changed carrier, just can't test it with Vidéotron.
Sep 8, 2007
306 posts
237 upvotes
Got too distracted talking about Name Display to say that I actually took advantage of this.

Changed from 8GB/$40 to 9GB/$39 (saves me about $1.20 a month!) which is very cool, thanks!
Jul 30, 2013
420 posts
164 upvotes
Montreal
SonicSam wrote: Got too distracted talking about Name Display to say that I actually took advantage of this.

Changed from 8GB/$40 to 9GB/$39 (saves me about $1.20 a month!) which is very cool, thanks!
You're actually getting way more then 9gb. Data that are unused are getting accumulated for 3 months. So you can get up to 27gb.
Sep 8, 2007
306 posts
237 upvotes
Netixx wrote: You're actually getting way more then 9gb. Data that are unused are getting accumulated for 3 months. So you can get up to 27gb.
It's beautiful! All praise rollover!

Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8885 posts
15904 upvotes
Montreal
SonicSam wrote: It's beautiful! All praise rollover!
If you don't use that much data, you are wasting money. You could reduce your plan. You can change it every month if you want to.

The rolling over of data for the next two billing cycles and the gifting of data between Fizz subscribers are the best Fizz features. It let's you choose a smaller plan than you would elsewhere.
May 26, 2016
25 posts
9 upvotes
g6y 0r5
A few questions for fizz users. I'm currently with Koodo and really like that they will block my data if I've used it all up, so as to not get dinged with overage charges. Does Fizz do something like that?
I'm considering moving my whole family over, 4 phones total. How does the gifting of data work? Can you gift a certain amount? Is it all your balance? Can I gift some to child A and some to child B? I'm not clear on how that works. If I'm moving us all over to Fizz, there would surely be no reason to all get the 9GB offer...
Thanks for any input!
Sep 8, 2007
306 posts
237 upvotes
Temporel wrote: If you don't use that much data, you are wasting money. You could reduce your plan. You can change it every month if you want to.

The rolling over of data for the next two billing cycles and the gifting of data between Fizz subscribers are the best Fizz features. It let's you choose a smaller plan than you would elsewhere.
Very true. I'm getting a feel for all of it now. Trying to recruit a few family members as well and see if we can routinely setup some sort of gifting circle to maximize savings! On my main line I have Canada+US as I routinely call there (one of the major reasons I switched to Fizz as it was significantly cheaper than any other competitor for US coverage), and been very happy so far.
SubDude wrote: A few questions for fizz users. I'm currently with Koodo and really like that they will block my data if I've used it all up, so as to not get dinged with overage charges. Does Fizz do something like that?
I'm considering moving my whole family over, 4 phones total. How does the gifting of data work? Can you gift a certain amount? Is it all your balance? Can I gift some to child A and some to child B? I'm not clear on how that works. If I'm moving us all over to Fizz, there would surely be no reason to all get the 9GB offer...
Thanks for any input!
Someone can correct me but basically:
1. There's no overage charges as the plans are prepaid. Once you run out of data you just have no data at all.
2. You simply click the "Gift" button beside your account on Fizz website, and you can gift to someone you KNOW by Phone Number or by email address. If you don't know them you can gift by referral code. tl;dr: It's comprehensive and will cover your usecases.
Last edited by SonicSam on Sep 7th, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 17, 2010
186 posts
116 upvotes
sneakerfan wrote: Just received the email:
Catch the perfect plan. The 9 GB of mobile data plan is currently offered for only $39/month. Get it while you can, or personalize it to your liking.

I'm currently with zoomer 4gig for $36 (40 minus 10% byop).

This is a great deal, has anyone able to get zoomer to match? Hate to jump from the zoomer ship, but for an extra $3 for an extra 5gig... willing to, but prefer to stay.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8885 posts
15904 upvotes
Montreal
SubDude wrote: A few questions for fizz users. I'm currently with Koodo and really like that they will block my data if I've used it all up, so as to not get dinged with overage charges. Does Fizz do something like that?
Thanks for any input!
You can gift from 500 MB up to whatever GB you have in your account to any Fizz subscriber that has a data plan. There's even a data exchange on Reddit. You could get a 1-3 GB plan for the kids. You could get 4 X $75 referral bonus by opening separate accounts before September 15th. You would need one referral code to start then A refers B, then B refers C, etc.
May 26, 2016
25 posts
9 upvotes
g6y 0r5
Thanks @Temporel
If I understand properly, both referrer and referee get the bonus after 2 months from referral? So by my calculations, for a family of 4, that would be $75 for the first line, then $75x2 for the three additional lines for a total of $525! I think I read earlier that this would work as long as each line has a different associated email address.
Can anyone confirm?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)