Expired Hot Deals

fizz

$39 for 9GB Data + Unlimited Call & Text (QC + Ottawa)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2021 9:29 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8903 posts
15986 upvotes
Montreal
SubDude wrote: Thanks @Temporel
If I understand properly, both referrer and referee get the bonus after 2 months from referral? So by my calculations, for a family of 4, that would be $75 for the first line, then $75x2 for the three additional lines for a total of $525! I think I read earlier that this would work as long as each line has a different associated email address.
Can anyone confirm?
That is correct. Different email addresses but the same card can be used if you want.
Last edited by Temporel on Sep 7th, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2735 posts
1157 upvotes
Quebec
SubDude wrote: Thanks @Temporel
If I understand properly, both referrer and referee get the bonus after 2 months from referral? So by my calculations, for a family of 4, that would be $75 for the first line, then $75x2 for the three additional lines for a total of $525! I think I read earlier that this would work as long as each line has a different associated email address.
Can anyone confirm?
Yes the 75$ is for both the referee and REferer after the referee paid his 2nd bill

And you can go like this

Member 1 use an internet ref code to get his 75$
When member 1 is activated create 3 new fizz account for
Member 2-3-4

On each account create 1 plan for each member using member 1 ref code

So Member 1 will get 4x 75$
Member 2-3-4 will get 1x 75$ each

But you have to register before sept 15 for that
Dec 25, 2009
119 posts
65 upvotes
Contrecoeur
That's so cool!
I signed up last night, everything went fine and the reception is good so far, will have to travel a bit to test it out though.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1954 posts
706 upvotes
i'm on 32$ for 2gb with 1$ bonus and since I'm WFH all the time now, I barely use any of my data. I am still tempted to go up but I guess there will come another deal the day I need more data.
Sep 7, 2021
0 posts
1 upvote
does somebody know when an end date of this deal is?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8903 posts
15986 upvotes
Montreal
edgmsh wrote: does somebody know when an end date of this deal is?
There's no end date for that. IMHO, as I posted here, it's a price adjustment of their mobile plans, like it happens from time to time.

OTOH, the $75 referral bonus (instead of the regular $25) DOES have an end date: September 15th.
Apr 2, 2015
230 posts
92 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
TheStefmeister wrote: I hope that Videotron will purchase freedom mobile.
keinooj wrote: Not so sure about that. Freedom is owned by Shaw and they’re merging with Robbers Loudly Crying Face
If the government doesn't force Rogers-Shaw to sell Freedom and their spectrum remember there will be no affordability or competition outside regionals. Golf clap for consumers.

Would be nice someday lol... my old beta plan might actually work better and not drop my tablets into FIZZ-EXT so much (yes in Quebec too where Videotron is really urban only and bands for indoor prop still a major work in progress on new Samsung towers).

At 6Gb data only +2x500mb and a $2 off upgrade set after all this time there are better deals to be had eventually. Fizz is a fun experiment in QC but little more, Ottawa coverage improved a bit pre pandemic but I guess 5G efforts with Samsung in Montreal have killed Videotron's mojo here.

If it weren't for rough coverage a $32-39 range plan like this might keep us from so many dual sim setups hehe. Good on you OP for keeping these flanker threads around for comparison.

Edit: a nice plus so I'm not complaining too much about Fizz, for RFD cashback fans is yes it's recurring, at least on Scotia Momentum Visa
Apr 23, 2016
133 posts
45 upvotes
Montr
Looks like this plan just gone!
Nov 19, 2004
653 posts
76 upvotes
Montreal
TIPIT wrote: Five months ago, I got the 5GB for 25$ plan. Two months after, they created the 8GB for 26$, so I switched. Last week, I check again, they have created the 9GB for 25$, switch again!
I'm presuming those were targetted offers specifically for you? I'm not seeing quite those deals and I'm checking in Quebec / data only.

Gotta say, I'm most impressed thus far with the quality of the data plan connectivity ... for the price it's unbeatable for relatively low (under 20GB) data needs... especially with rollover and referral bonuses.

Cheers.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8903 posts
15986 upvotes
Montreal
RTM wrote: I'm presuming those were targetted offers specifically for you? I'm not seeing quite those deals and I'm checking in Quebec / data only.

Gotta say, I'm most impressed thus far with the quality of the data plan connectivity ... for the price it's unbeatable for relatively low (under 20GB) data needs... especially with rollover and referral bonuses.

Cheers.
Yea, it's gone. Fizz tweaks its plans from time to time: updated prices.

Notably, 20 GB of data is now $34!!! (data only)

But you're right, for the price it's hard to beat with the rollover of data for the next two billing cycles and also, there are a couple of places where Fizz members can exchange data: Reddit there's also a Facebook group and possibly the Fizz Community Hub.

That "gifting" of data between Fizz members (on top of the rollover of data) permits you to get away with a smaller data plan than you would otherwise subscribe for somewhere else: more savings!
Feb 25, 2015
389 posts
191 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Temporel wrote: Notably, 20 GB of data is now $34!!! (data only)
How did you find 20GB for $34 data only?
It's $46 QC only and $48 Canada - no voice no texts no voicemails.
Am I missing something?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8903 posts
15986 upvotes
Montreal
I thought the itemized pricing would be easier to understand; easier to see what you pay for. I was obviously wrong but now that it's done...

$34 for 20 GB of data only that you pay $34 for 20 GB of data only; not a whole plan with voice, texts, voicemail, US coverage: that would be extra.

You start with the basic mandatory Québec coverage: $12
Then you add 20 GB of data ($34 extra) for a total of $46
You want texts with that ($3 extra) for a total of $49
You want Canada coverage, that'll be an extra $2 for a total of $51.
Etc. depending on what else you want.
Last edited by Temporel on Oct 26th, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 7, 2021
18 posts
44 upvotes
Guys how is with connection. I had Vidéotron 4 years ago and it was not working in my basement where i spend most time working. With Virgin it works great now.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8903 posts
15986 upvotes
Montreal
MortgageMTL wrote: Guys how is with connection. I had Vidéotron 4 years ago and it was not working in my basement where i spend most time working. With Virgin it works great now.
Fizz = Vidéotron so if you want service in your basement, stay with Virgin. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1394 posts
285 upvotes
Quebec City
Temporel wrote: I thought the itemized pricing would be easier to understand; easier to see what you pay for. I was obviously wrong but now that it's done...

$34 for 20 GB of data only that you pay $34 for 20 GB of data only; not a whole plan with voice, texts, voicemail, US coverage: that would be extra.

You start with the basic mandatory Québec coverage: $12
Then you add 20 GB of data ($34 extra) for a total of $46
You want texts with that ($3 extra) for a total of $49
You want Canada coverage, that'll be an extra $2 for a total of $51.
Etc. depending on what else you want.
34$ + 12$ basic service actually, so 20GB is 46$ total.
Still a good price tough.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1394 posts
285 upvotes
Quebec City
RTM wrote: I'm presuming those were targetted offers specifically for you? I'm not seeing quite those deals and I'm checking in Quebec / data only.

Cheers.
It wasn't targeted, but pricing seem to change every other weeks with Fizz :) So I just kept checking their website and upgraded every time it was worth it.
But as long as you have you plan, you can keep it.

You're right, now the 25$ one is lowered to 6GB or 31$ for 11GB.
Keep checking and swhen the plan is better for you, upgrade. I would keep an eye around Black Friday, third week of November, I guess they will make something nice. Not sure I can get better than 9GB for 25$ tough, that one was crazy :)
Good luck!
Oct 23, 2002
513 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
Just a warning to anyone that plans to travel outside of the US and Canada with a Fizz plan: You can not send/receive calls or texts. Only data is currently accessible. From my Googling, there looks to be no near term plans to change this limitation. Fortunately, travel data add-ons seem pretty cheap. For example, you can buy 1GB of data for $5 that would be usable in Europe.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8903 posts
15986 upvotes
Montreal
Tyrant wrote: Just a warning to anyone that plans to travel outside of the US and Canada with a Fizz plan: You can not send/receive calls or texts. Only data is currently accessible. From my Googling, there looks to be no near term plans to change this limitation. Fortunately, travel data add-ons seem pretty cheap. For example, you can buy 1GB of data for $5 that would be usable in Europe.
Isn't this obvious since at the most we have a Canada/US coverage? If you couldn't receive a call in Cancun, would you really be surprised?
Jun 9, 2012
23 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
Tyrant wrote: Just a warning to anyone that plans to travel outside of the US and Canada with a Fizz plan: You can not send/receive calls or texts. Only data is currently accessible. From my Googling, there looks to be no near term plans to change this limitation. Fortunately, travel data add-ons seem pretty cheap. For example, you can buy 1GB of data for $5 that would be usable in Europe.
That's because anywhere outside US/Canada, calls and data are way cheaper, and paying for roaming is not interesting. Just an example (Orange in Romania, but similar schemes are available in all of Europe), for 6 Euros/30 days you can have a prepaid SIM with unlimited calls and text and 100GB of data available for 100 days. Still upset about the high price of roaming outside Canada?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)