3D printing stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2018 4:04 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
382 posts
259 upvotes

3D printing stocks

What do you guys think of 3d printing stocks? The major ones had a big crash few years ago

do you think the market cap is still high for something like 3d systems corp.?

I feel like prices are good for taking a chance but I'm just wondering if it will become widespread for commercial use and end users like the way we use paper printers.
5 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
3989 upvotes
Toronto
3d printing is the way of the future
except that it will be a long way until it hits us in daily living/work spaces.

3d printing right now is quite in its infancy. the only use right now is building plastic parts/moulds.. so in commercial spaces it makes sense, somewhat... once we can 3d print microelectronics - circuitry, etc, and start making electronics, that will be a game changer and I don't think it's too far away. .
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
382 posts
259 upvotes
daivey wrote: 3d printing is the way of the future
except that it will be a long way until it hits us in daily living/work spaces.

3d printing right now is quite in its infancy. the only use right now is building plastic parts/moulds.. so in commercial spaces it makes sense, somewhat... once we can 3d print microelectronics - circuitry, etc, and start making electronics, that will be a game changer and I don't think it's too far away. .
that's what I feel... for consumer use its far away or may never happen but for manufacturing especially electronics it could really change things I may just pick a couple stocks set it and forget it

cheers
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
199 upvotes
Markham, ON
dpacto wrote: that's what I feel... for consumer use its far away or may never happen but for manufacturing especially electronics it could really change things I may just pick a couple stocks set it and forget it

cheers
What material does 3D printer use to print 3D? I hope is recycled electronic materials. I know people love to buy electronic. Thank you for the extra enviornment fee that get charge for buying new. I don't even know how they are using it to get rid of the old.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54664 posts
19456 upvotes
I think they mentioned clothing, maybe like underwear that's custom fit? Not sure how the material is going to be as comfortable as cotton though. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3341 posts
735 upvotes
dpacto wrote: What do you guys think of 3d printing stocks? The major ones had a big crash few years ago

do you think the market cap is still high for something like 3d systems corp.?

I feel like prices are good for taking a chance but I'm just wondering if it will become widespread for commercial use and end users like the way we use paper printers.
It was somewhat of a bubble a few years ago. It was built on hype with unsustainable PEs. The biggest of them was DDD which was buying companies left right and centre which propped up their share prices for a while... until it popped. The market's still very much in its infancy and there's no real use case for consumers to adopt.