• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2022 2:27 pm
[OP]
May 23, 2015
416 posts
1048 upvotes
Ontario

[Amazon.ca] 3M Clinpro 5000 Anti-Cavity Toothpaste $10.98 or $10.48 with S&S

It's back on sale, good Anti-Cavity toothpaste.
Link: https://www.amazon.ca/Clinpro-Anti-Cavi ... B072M63LC8

Same price on walmart as well: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/clinpro-50 ... 0196051747
81 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1281 posts
1090 upvotes
ON
Never heard of this before, but it's made by 3M so it should stick well after it dries.

Even the name suggests it, Clin(gs)pro.
Aug 1, 2013
479 posts
578 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
Is this actually worth it? Being double the cost of normal toothpaste?
Penalty Box
May 6, 2014
156 posts
362 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Nope. Contains fluoride.
Don't drink the tap water
[OP]
May 23, 2015
416 posts
1048 upvotes
Ontario
Chris9446 wrote: Is this actually worth it? Being double the cost of normal toothpaste?
I don't use it on regular basis, i use it once or twice a week since it contains high concentration of fluoride, so it should last a while for me.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2176 posts
1089 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Didn't know 3M made toothpaste.
Mar 21, 2013
426 posts
360 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Ooh, my teeth have been super sensitive lately and nothing has been helping. Maybe the need the extra fluoride. Thanks OP
Aug 17, 2006
525 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
Dealliker314159 wrote: Gonna hurt your body?
Gonna hurt your body like RFID waves, 5G, and the covid vaccine.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2831 posts
2008 upvotes
GTA
Perhaps I'm mistaken but isn't too much fluoride not good for you? I thought the major toothpaste brands have it right according to how often we're suppose to brush our teeth?

OP: I thought your comment about using it once or twice a week was rather funny. Wouldn't you achieve the same if you consistently used another fluoride brand?

Paying $10 for a small tube of toothpaste seems excessive... Plus it's from a company not known for toothpaste.
Nov 30, 2013
280 posts
455 upvotes
Hamilton
Fluoride is free in tap water, I'll never pay for extra!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6143 posts
581 upvotes
Quebec
I use colgate prevident, same 1.1% , pretty much just has extra fluoride. no cavities since, and even some cavities that doc said we'll look at next time before i went on prevident, gone. he's like what are you using you. he seemed disapointed that he didn't get to fix a cavity.

i also went on a fluoride free phase, and guess what, cavities every visit.

processed foods will kill you before fluoride even harms you. every place that went fluoride free went right back to it after the dental health disaster. people eat too many processed foods not to use fluoride.
Aug 11, 2014
945 posts
1082 upvotes
Chince wrote: Fluoride is free in tap water, I'll never pay for extra!
Funny you mention that... There's a lot less fluoride in Metro Vancouver tap water than GTA tap water, for example.
Jun 11, 2022
4 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Britex wrote: Perhaps I'm mistaken but isn't too much fluoride not good for you? I thought the major toothpaste brands have it right according to how often we're suppose to brush our teeth?
Flouride is bad to ingest (in high concentrations), so if you're one to swallow your toothpaste instead of spit then it can be a problem, otherwise you're fine.

Most other toothpaste brands have products that use this amount of flouride too. It's only after a certain percent (maybe 3?) that you need a dental license or something to buy it.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1439 posts
1039 upvotes
Montreal
fakishan wrote: I use colgate prevident, same 1.1% , pretty much just has extra fluoride. no cavities since, and even some cavities that doc said we'll look at next time before i went on prevident, gone. he's like what are you using you. he seemed disapointed that he didn't get to fix a cavity.

i also went on a fluoride free phase, and guess what, cavities every visit.

processed foods will kill you before fluoride even harms you. every place that went fluoride free went right back to it after the dental health disaster. people eat too many processed foods not to use fluoride.
I use prevident too. Not sure if this deal is cheaper but I don't really like the liquid format of my prevident.

I don't use it everyday but may hygienist recommended it to build up the enamel if you're using whitening strips. No idea if that's true but I took the advice.

OP thanked.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1439 posts
1039 upvotes
Montreal
Britex wrote: Perhaps I'm mistaken but isn't too much fluoride not good for you? I thought the major toothpaste brands have it right according to how often we're suppose to brush our teeth?

OP: I thought your comment about using it once or twice a week was rather funny. Wouldn't you achieve the same if you consistently used another fluoride brand?

Paying $10 for a small tube of toothpaste seems excessive... Plus it's from a company not known for toothpaste.
You're assuming OP is not using fluoride toothpaste consistently.
Aug 13, 2003
514 posts
368 upvotes
Calgary
wakuwaku wrote: Flouride is bad to ingest (in high concentrations), so if you're one to swallow your toothpaste instead of spit then it can be a problem, otherwise you're fine.

Most other toothpaste brands have products that use this amount of flouride too. It's only after a certain percent (maybe 3?) that you need a dental license or something to buy it.
That is incorrect. Most normal brands of toothpaste do not contain this amount of fluoride. Colgate is 0.243% NaF, Crest is 0.32% NaF. This is 1.1% NaF. It is 3.5 to 4.5 times the amount of fluoride in normal toothpaste. It is not harmful at all if you don’t swallow it.
Nov 22, 2019
643 posts
493 upvotes
I use Colgate prevident as well. Anyone knows if this would be better in anyway? Fluoride amount seems to be the same in both.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)