Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

3M Filtrete Furnace Filters only $2.00 at WalMart

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2011 2:15 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2393 posts
758 upvotes
Halton
Regular price at Hamilton area.

Must be local store clearance.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1741 posts
538 upvotes
Edmonton
just check local WM store on the way to work this morning ..

so such price at South Edm. Common store
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
Ironballz wrote: I've heard that statement being made a lot but I've yet to hear anybody say "my furnace broke and it was due to me using higher quality filters". You're also hardly filtering anything and recycling poor air into your home with the cheap filters. I bought some Garrison brand ones before and after 3 months of use, the filter was still clean. Which shows to me that it's not catching anything. The 3M ones I have to replace every 1-2 months and they're dirty.

Reminds of the Home Depot guy who was suggesting I use toothpaste instead of proper bathtub caulking since it works just as well... :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7115 posts
3632 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Thanks OP. I will have to measure @ home tonight to make sure because I dont think the 16 X 25 is the size I need. I would have dropped down at walmart after work tonight in moncton
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3246 posts
1517 upvotes
Lethbridge
Forgot about this until I saw it bumped on the main page.

Negative in Lethbridge & Calgary (had a bud check that works there), so it must have been a local clearance.

lol @ that Home Depot comment – Funny b/c it’s true sometimes – I remember (back when I worked there in Uni) getting stuck in Millwork one day because I had taken ONE of the online tests & was the “most” qualified to cover that department.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8233 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
What a R3tard!!
Captain Snazzypants wrote: Reminds of the Home Depot guy who was suggesting I use toothpaste instead of proper bathtub caulking since it works just as well... :lol:
Jan 11, 2010
538 posts
63 upvotes
redskull09 wrote: Do these filters have a shelf life (expiry date) or are they good forever as long as they are in the packaging?

If you keep them inside they will still be around after you die.
Jan 11, 2010
538 posts
63 upvotes
toguy wrote: FWIW, they may have the big brand name, but our furnace repair guy actually recommended against using these because they restrict air flow too much from the cold air return. He actually recommended the cheapie $5 ones at HD.

Correct, the higher the rating the more restriction. But, I like to get the ones a bit better then the cheapie. I've noticed at my HD though that the more mid-level ones seem to no longer be on the shelf.
May 15, 2006
520 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Ironballz wrote: I've heard that statement being made a lot but I've yet to hear anybody say "my furnace broke and it was due to me using higher quality filters". ....

I'll be that anybody for you. My Rheem furnace popped it's rivets (on the primarily heat exchanger) for this particular reason. Then again the company that made it, ICG, was aware of the flaw. So there you have it ... check out your design first before using.

P.S. To repair you're looking at a job just south of a $1000 (that's it warranty does cover the part).

However, if your furnace design isn't affected by overheating ... then you can

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)