• Jul 26th, 2020 8:32 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2925 posts
1474 upvotes

3M VHB tape for dash cam

In stock anywhere? Seems like it's not stocked, except online, but I can't tell if it's fake on amazon or not and seems over priced there.

My dash cam came with a couple stickers and I ruined one when mounting the cam the first time, so wanted some more tape.
It also came with grey adhesive instead of black, which I would prefer.
11 replies
Dec 7, 2009
507 posts
330 upvotes
B-Town
Try a local body shop. They use that stuff to apply trim.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22299 posts
3161 upvotes
I always buy it from Amazon. Ends up cheaper than anywhere local.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2384 posts
1050 upvotes
I believe OP wants the clear vhb tape...and would prefer to buy it in person so they can see, smell, touch, feel, taste and hear it to verify the product is legit 3m before purchasing
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky"
- Michael Scott
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2925 posts
1474 upvotes
I don’t think this is the right variety doesn’t say VHB, might work but who knows.

I’m OK with black or clear just not gray as you can easily see it through the windshield. Some of the reviews on Amazon seemed to indicate some of them are too thin and seem fake
Jun 1, 2006
566 posts
98 upvotes
NB
At first I thought he was using a VHS tape for his dashcam :)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56397 posts
21417 upvotes
I bought mine a few years ago (about 1 cm width and rolled up with gray backing) on amazon.ca and it was the seller. It was more cost effective than buying the much wider strips that came with red backing but in a shorter roll.

Works well enough to secure a Garmin Dash Cam 55, because silly seller said he was selling a complete package but turns out it is missing that metal hexagon to be affixed on the windshield (also missing was the power adapter because he was using the parking adapter). I used a nickel (magnetic) coin and put a few layers of VHB tape to afix the dash cam. I can always remove the dash cam at the ball joint mount anyway.

I made a few mistakes along the way at the tape was easy to remove the same day. So far it's held up for two weeks under direct sunlight. Car is parked on the driveway.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2925 posts
1474 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: I bought mine a few years ago (about 1 cm width and rolled up with gray backing) on amazon.ca and it was the seller. It was more cost effective than buying the much wider strips that came with red backing but in a shorter roll.

Works well enough to secure a Garmin Dash Cam 55, because silly seller said he was selling a complete package but turns out it is missing that metal hexagon to be affixed on the windshield (also missing was the power adapter because he was using the parking adapter). I used a nickel (magnetic) coin and put a few layers of VHB tape to afix the dash cam. I can always remove the dash cam at the ball joint mount anyway.

I made a few mistakes along the way at the tape was easy to remove the same day. So far it's held up for two weeks under direct sunlight. Car is parked on the driveway.
what is the link of the one you purchased?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56397 posts
21417 upvotes
zzzz24 wrote: Hmm they have it in black but multiple reviews saying not sticky and doesn’t appear to be legitimate. Guess I could try it and see what happens
Mine is still stuck though if it falls off, I can advise you.

Sold by amazon.com.ca

Good luck. Can always return if a knock off.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)