Toronto, ON

[CarCostCanada.com] 3x Free CarCostCanada invoice pricing reports

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Expiry:
June 21, 2016
More offers from CarCostCanada.com
CarCostCanda is offering 3x Free invoice pricing reports by simply registering an account, today(6/21) is the last day!

For those not familiar with this service, it allows you to customize the vehicle you are looking for(packages/options), then generates an MSRP vs. invoice pricing report, along with a list of current manufacturer incentives that can be applied.
Images
27 replies
Nov 13, 2013
585 posts
461 upvotes
Quebec
Thanks op! Please note that free Dealer Invoice Reports must be used by June 29... OR to retain your free three (3) reports, purchase extra reports before June 29, 2016

SUMMER SALE SPECIAL

• Program starts from Today till 2359 on June 21 EDT.
• Program includes three FREE - Dealer Invoice Prices Reports
• The offer applies to NEW members only
• The Dealer Invoice Prices Reports must be used by June 29, 2016 @ 2359 EDT
Jul 28, 2007
42 posts
26 upvotes
JP3ll3ti3r wrote: Thanks for the information. Still good if you really want a vehicle IMO
Just know that whether you like it or not, the dealer will then end up trying to contact you. I went through this process a few months ago while buying a car. I'm really not convinced this isn't at least a partial sham so that dealers can hide behind this nice official CarCostCanada quote and say "see, this is proof that I'm giving you the best possible price". I was able to do significantly better by simply emailing around and bargaining the old fashioned way.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6884 posts
5797 upvotes
Burlington
If you really buy the car at MSRP, then you seriously need help.

These websites are just generating numbers by car dealerships, making you think you get a good deal. But again, really, you should just use these numbers as reference and aim for lower.

I tried unhaggle before, they give me some prices that are 6-8k below msrp. And within 5 mins, I started receiving calls from dealerships. They turn out to be more than willing to sell at this 6-8k below msrp.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2011
1166 posts
279 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
konsensei wrote: If you really buy the car at MSRP, then you seriously need help.

These websites are just generating numbers by car dealerships, making you think you get a good deal. But again, really, you should just use these numbers as reference and aim for lower.

I tried unhaggle before, they give me some prices that are 6-8k below msrp. And within 5 mins, I started receiving calls from dealerships. They turn out to be more than willing to sell at this 6-8k below msrp.
I think this is very dependent on the car you are purchasing.

Did Unhaggle recently and got the invoice pricing, contacted 11 dealerships around the GTA. None of them were willing to go lower than the invoice price and only 1 of them gave me the invoice price + a very small cut (~$300 dealers fee). The rest of them wanted 3% above the invoice.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11183 posts
3686 upvotes
I used unhaggle with is always free. I was skeptical but a local dealer called and it was very painless. Gave me dealer invoice!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2366 posts
803 upvotes
Company providing fake invoice prices and dealer who work with them are walking the fine line of breaking the law of "price fixing" which is again the law.
It always feels like they got together and decided what number looks good as fake invoice price and decided that lowest they will go is 3% above that...I call that price fixing.
Somebody should make complaint to competition bureau and sue them. These websites openly admit that they work with dealer which means they are fixing the number according to what they see fit rather than showing actual invoice price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4752 posts
5877 upvotes
Toronto, ON
konsensei wrote: But again, really, you should just use these numbers as reference and aim for lower.
And that's what these reports are really meant for. It at least gives you a ballpark figure to start with(whether you make an offer lower than the provided number is up to you).
Jan 23, 2013
147 posts
148 upvotes
er34er34 wrote: CarCostCanda is offering 3x Free invoice pricing reports by simply registering an account, today(6/21) is the last day!

For those not familiar with this service, it allows you to customize the vehicle you are looking for(packages/options), then generates an MSRP vs. invoice pricing report, along with a list of current manufacturer incentives that can be applied.
Except that they do not actually give you the invoice pricing report, only a number that dealer wants you to believe the invoice is, so you will not try haggling any further. This is a dealer referral service that masquerades as a customer tool and they (usually) make you pay for the privilege of using it.
Probably better to paint a giant L on your forehead before car shopping than bringing in a CarCostCanada printout
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4752 posts
5877 upvotes
Toronto, ON
szostalo wrote: Except that they do not actually give you the invoice pricing report, only a number that dealer wants you to believe the invoice is, so you will not try haggling any further. This is a dealer referral service that masquerades as a customer tool and they (usually) make you pay for the privilege of using it.
Probably better to paint a giant L on your forehead before car shopping than bringing in a CarCostCanada printout
Yes, because having more information(that's free) is better than having no information and pulling random numbers out of your arse.

Nobody is saying you should just take the invoice number and make your offer with it, but it makes for a good starting point to make a reasonable offer(whether that is higher or lower than the listed number is up to you).

Go to your local Mclaren dealer and make an offer of "1 dollah".
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
778 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SoroSuub1 wrote: What's the difference between the CCC reports and the reports from Unhaggle.ca
No difference.

Dealers set a invoice date which is obviously THOUSANDS more than what they paid invoice lol. It's a huge scam imho but people fall for it.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14838 posts
3814 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
foodyforlife wrote: No difference.

Dealers set a invoice date which is obviously THOUSANDS more than what they paid invoice lol. It's a huge scam imho but people fall for it.
That's the problem with the dealership model. Plus Canada is a small market compared to America where buyers frequently get below invoice pricing.

If only Costco sold cars up here or we can get those special car club pricing.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3257 posts
1613 upvotes
Mississauga
IMO, the best technique is to first shop around with a print out of the unhaggle report, see which dealers are willing to give you the best deal, and then use that as leverage against other dealers. This is how I was able to buy my car for $200 over invoice. However it's worth mentioning that a lot of dealers usually pay less than the listed invoice amount when they get the car from the manufacturer.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3043 posts
2067 upvotes
Canadia

It's more complicated than that by far.

The dealer invoice is indeed the price the dealer pays for the car. However, dealers are rebated what's called a dealer holdback when the vehicle is sold (which will be a percentage of the invoice price), and dealers may also receive an advertising allowance. How much is that holdback percentage? Good luck finding out.

Even if you had those numbers, you wouldn't know how much the dealer paid because their inventory is financed by the manufacturer. If vehicles sit on the lot for months, they cost the dealer more money than if they sell immediately.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4752 posts
5877 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Car dealers are not charities, obviously they're in it to make money.

But calling it a "scam" just means you don't understand basic supply and demand. Take a WRX for example, there is currently still a 3-4 month waiting list for one even though it's in its 2nd model year. You'd be very lucky to be able to get the "fake" invoice pricing, let alone several thousand off it. Why would they sell it to you at that price if there are hundreds lining up with cash to buy at higher prices?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2678 posts
2218 upvotes
When buying my car I went to a friend that works at a dealership to make the purchase. I brought my carcostcanada report, hoping he would match the written "dealer" price. I showed it to him and he laughed -- ended up getting the car for quite a bit less than carcostcanada's price
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8046 posts
658 upvotes
Brampton
looking to get a new car soon and every bit helps when negotiating.

From what I understand the invoice price is what the dealer pays for the car but they do get bonuses and rebates for how many they buy or how well the dealership is doing.