Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$4.00 off coupon High Liner 2 Pack Pan Sear Fillet

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2021 5:49 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1165 posts
1303 upvotes
Nanaimo
BenzDude11 wrote: On sale at Giant Tiger $4.99 so $1 a box for fish isn't too shabby
Your right, but no giant tiger for me out west.
Sep 15, 2018
380 posts
509 upvotes
Edmonton
sahands334 wrote: Waste of time for those who fall for it, stores don't really accept home printed coupons.
Both No Frills & Superstore always accept the print at home coupons no problem. Also no problem printing them here, 2 prints.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
They changed their ad so it no longer says it's free, so they clearly screwed up at the beginning. But $4.00 off $4.99 at Giant Tiger is still pretty good.
Images
  • 2.png
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
sahands334 wrote: Waste of time for those who fall for it, stores don't really accept home printed coupons.
every store i have been to takes coupons, never any issues.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13524 posts
4710 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
deadice wrote: every store i have been to takes coupons, never any issues.
no frills wont
=^.^= Past Wins:
[2019] SFL: 1 Year / [2021] Sbux Summer: 1 Week Bakery, Flipp Appinions: IOGO Survey, $20 GC
[2022] Sbux Summer: $100 e-Gift Card, SFL: 100 Stars
[2023] Sbux Summer: Multiple GCs totaling $135 (family), SFL: $20 GC
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2143 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
BestOffer wrote: no frills wont
My location does, but they are very picky, examine every coupon and will limit you to using max of 4 of the same coupon. I try to use all my coupons mainly at Superstore. They are the best with coupons
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
BestOffer wrote: no frills wont
my no frills does. maybe they don't in areas that have high amounts of coupon fraud. but that is something unique to your area and not company policy.
Sep 10, 2018
659 posts
1910 upvotes
Do I care?
Doesn't look like it's sold at big box stores around here. Spending $2gas + $1 maintenance to drive to GT or NF + $1 = $4 for 2 pieces.

I recently did calculation on true cost of driving a km and 10c/km is probably what we should be budgeting plus gas. You can go as low as 5c if you do ALL maintenance yourself assuming your time is worth zero.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
LULUMON wrote: Doesn't look like it's sold at big box stores around here. Spending $2gas + $1 maintenance to drive to GT + $1 = $4 for 2 pieces.

I recently did calculation on true cost of driving a km and 10c/km is probably what we should be budgeting plus gas. You can go as low as 5c if you do ALL maintenance yourself assuming your time is worth zero.
Stuff like this is meant for you to get when you are already driving around, the coupon is good for a month, surely you're already driving somewhere to get groceries or whatever and will be somewhat near the store at that time.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
I did OKAY today ( here in Winnipeg ) ... was driving anyhow ... and was going to stop right at Giant Tiger ... and see how it plays out there.

But then was passing by first by new FreshCo ... and figured, I can try there, as they competitor price match there, pretty sure.

Found the product in FreshCo ... the one in yellow box - Alaskan Wild Paddock looked better to me than the other one, the one in a green box - Wild Caught Sole or something like that.

Yellow box - Alaskan Wild Paddock was retailing at regular freshco retail price of $7.98 or something like that ...
Green box - Wild Caught Sole was retailing at regular freshco retail price of $6.98 or something like that ...

So i took 2 Yellow boxes - Alaskan Wild Paddock and went to cashiers ... together with few other items i got there at FreshCo.

My plan was to split it there into 2 separate purchases .. one for me and one for mother ... and have fish in each ... and apply the coupon to each.

Cashier didn't have a clue about Price match etc... so called some other cashier (senior cashier) ... who was comparing product to Giant Tiger's ad for a long time ... and then finally said okay... lol

BUT ... then i told her i also have coupon ... haha ... she said she doesn't think I can do it... went to owners for about 5 or longer minutes... came back and said it's either this deal or that deal ... but not both. (not price match and coupon together).

I asked for the manager / owner ... the lady came out ... and i told her that she would get fully compensated for coupons ... but she said she is losing money on competitor price match ...

I go, well that's the store policy to price match ... anyhow ... she saw that I was a tough customer / case ... and let it go as "one time exception" maybe, lol :)

But told me it's one per purchase .. I go no problem .. one for me, one for my mother.

In any case... was able to get it at the end ... from $7.98 a box ... down to $0.98 a box. Cool deal :) ( for some reason cashier ended up charging me $4.98 less coupon, instead of $4.99 less coupon ).
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
LULUMON wrote: Doesn't look like it's sold at big box stores around here. Spending $2gas + $1 maintenance to drive to GT or NF + $1 = $4 for 2 pieces.

Buy an EV...eliminate gas from the calculation, and your maintenance drops to near zero with Tires being the only real cost.
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
Darkman wrote: I did OKAY today ( here in Winnipeg ) ... was driving anyhow ... and was going to stop right at Giant Tiger ... and see how it plays out there.

But then was passing by first by new FreshCo ... and figured, I can try there, as they competitor price match there, pretty sure.

Found the product in FreshCo ... the one in yellow box - Alaskan Wild Paddock looked better to me than the other one, the one in a green box - Wild Caught Sole or something like that.

Yellow box - Alaskan Wild Paddock was retailing at regular freshco retail price of $7.98 or something like that ...
Green box - Wild Caught Sole was retailing at regular freshco retail price of $6.98 or something like that ...

So i took 2 Yellow boxes - Alaskan Wild Paddock and went to cashiers ... together with few other items i got there at FreshCo.

My plan was to split it there into 2 separate purchases .. one for me and one for mother ... and have fish in each ... and apply the coupon to each.

Cashier didn't have a clue about Price match etc... so called some other cashier (senior cashier) ... who was comparing product to Giant Tiger's ad for a long time ... and then finally said okay... lol

BUT ... then i told her i also have coupon ... haha ... she said she doesn't think I can do it... went to owners for about 5 or longer minutes... came back and said it's either this deal or that deal ... but not both. (not price match and coupon together).

I asked for the manager / owner ... the lady came out ... and i told her that she would get fully compensated for coupons ... but she said she is losing money on competitor price match ...

I go, well that's the store policy to price match ... anyhow ... she saw that I was a tough customer / case ... and let it go as "one time exception" maybe, lol :)

But told me it's one per purchase .. I go no problem .. one for me, one for my mother.

In any case... was able to get it at the end ... from $7.98 a box ... down to $0.98 a box. Cool deal :) ( for some reason cashier ended up charging me $4.98 less coupon, instead of $4.99 less coupon ).
freshco price match is $0.01 less than the lower price.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
when does the Giant tiger 4.99 pricing ends? hot$1 for box of fish is hotAF!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: when does the Giant tiger 4.99 pricing ends? hot$1 for box of fish is hotAF!
Giant Tiger flyer / week generally ends on Tuesday ... here in Winnipeg anyhow... -- so sales generally end accordingly (with new sales starting on Wed.)

Ya.. rb app shows so too (for my postal code anyhow) .. 4.99 at GT ends on Tue.
Oct 14, 2015
185 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@Darkman since I'm in Winnipeg too - any issues at Giant Tiger with print coupons? I've never tried redeeming print coupons there... Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: Doesn't look like it's sold at big box stores around here. Spending $2gas + $1 maintenance to drive to GT or NF + $1 = $4 for 2 pieces.

Lol wtf. It’s a deal. No one is counting gas.

If that’s the case you should include electricity/gas to cook the fish. Use a magnifying glass under the sun. Don’t forget you’ll take a poop and have to use toilet paper to wipe. Let’s say 29 squares so that’s what $0.50?

Plus time away from RedFlagDeals where you could’ve missed a great deal on something else which would’ve saved you future money. But than you could bump into your future wife at No Frills when you are out buying the fish.

Don’t forget about the paper and ink used to print the coupon. That’s maybe 5 cents? And gas used to buy the paper and ink. Unless you bought it on Amazon than you have to factor in the price of Prime membership.

I think u get the point.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2143 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
Grabbed some today at RCSS. Luckily RCSS already did the ad match so no price match needed :) Yayyyy. Used self scan, did the coupons, noticed I got 2000 Points on the receipt. I had a PO of 200 Points for every $1 spend on Frozen Seafood. Ended up being free and MM of 4 cents :) but sadly cuz it was a limit of 2, I wasnt able to get the PO on the other 2 boxes I bought.

Still OOP $2 for 4 boxes is a good deal. Might print off a couple more if they taste good but running out of freezer space
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
wpgsahm wrote: @Darkman since I'm in Winnipeg too - any issues at Giant Tiger with print coupons? I've never tried redeeming print coupons there... Thanks!
I don't know ... i hardly ever even step in giant tiger, and as mentioned above, bought this fish at FreshCo.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)