Expired Hot Deals

[Dollarama] $4-EAGET 16GB Micro SDHC Memory Card + Adapter (Class 10) - YMMV

Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17510 posts
5440 upvotes
Toronto
You can get an ADATA Premier 32GB for $7.99 so this crappy brand for $4 is not really a good deal.
Dec 28, 2019
799 posts
516 upvotes
carmaster wrote: You can get an ADATA Premier 32GB for $7.99 so this crappy brand for $4 is not really a good deal.
Where?
( I am still using an ADATA 16GB from 2011)
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
20176 posts
21059 upvotes
Toronto
Spotted these yesterday. 2340 Dundas Street West location in Toronto. They're behind the cashiers
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19504 posts
4650 upvotes
Thornhill
High Park Dollarama at Bloor/Glendonwynne has a bunch in the electronic/tech aisle.
Nov 10, 2011
366 posts
316 upvotes
St. Catharines
I 'll probably look for this product. MY car stereo ignores 64GB and higher cards so I could use it for that. (Put a bunch of Christmas songs on a 64GB microSD card (a spare that I had) and car didn't recognize them. Found a smaller spare and everything was OK.) Also have a couple of other not too important uses (in case card fails) that a small card will handle, eg there's a flash drive plugged into my TV for playing music. Wouldn't mind that flash drive back, so could use one of these.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1288 posts
1411 upvotes
Newer Bolton Dollarama had a bunch, just picked one up to try. Will put in a cheap security camera I hardly use. If it's crap, well, EAGET what you paid for.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
1419 posts
1267 upvotes
Whitby
When you don't care about storage. Fill your boots.
Nov 10, 2011
366 posts
316 upvotes
St. Catharines
Picked up one of these microSD cards in the store on Thorold in Welland after 3pm. They still had several on a hook in the electronics area (just to the left of the USB cables).

I just finished testing the card with H2Testw. Write speed was 13.7 MByte/s, and read was 43.4 MByte/s.

Formatted it after the test and it showed 14.7 GB free.

Update: fixed free space.
Last edited by cpfan on Jan 22nd, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8977 posts
1562 upvotes
Montreal
cpfan wrote: Picked up one of these microSD cards in the store on Thorold in Welland after 3pm. They still had several on a hook in the electronics area (just to the left of the USB cables).

I just finished testing the card with H2Testw. Write speed was 13.7 MByte/s, and read was 43.4 MByte/s.

Formatted it after the test and it showed 14.7 MB free.
You mean GB, I hope it wasn't 14.7 MB ;)

Thanks for testing out the write and read speeds...wow that write speed is bad. Well, it does cost $4.
Nov 10, 2011
366 posts
316 upvotes
St. Catharines
yuprules wrote: You mean GB, I hope it wasn't 14.7 MB ;)
Yeah, guess I was looking at the speeds. I'll fix my post.
Nov 10, 2011
366 posts
316 upvotes
St. Catharines
yuprules wrote: Thanks for testing out the write and read speeds...wow that write speed is bad. Well, it does cost $4.
Thinking about your write speed comment. My understanding is that the minimum write speed for a U1 card is 10 MB/s (just double checked that at the SD Association site). If you want faster you need a U3 card which should be 30 MB/s.

BTW, looks like these were made for Dollarama as the Dollarama icon in the bottom right corner is pre-printed.
Jan 21, 2020
1 posts
3 upvotes
Don't bother with these cards - they are junk. I bought one today then ran my microsd tester on it. It got to about 5Gb of writes, then the card failed suddenly. It will not work anymore. My phone will not detect it neither will my computer.