Hot Deals

PublicMobile.ca

$40 for 15GB plan (4G speed) for EXISTING and NEW users (confirmed)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2023 11:03 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8575 posts
919 upvotes
Scarborough
Spinner wrote: I hope not. I think many people prefer to get a text message from Koodo asking us to migrate with a $35 or $45 plan. Basically a repeat of 2018.
No, 5ucking way. I won't take Koodo migration text again. I rather take someone else.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8575 posts
919 upvotes
Scarborough
Poutinesauce wrote:
Except now we know it's just a trick that Koodo will use to raise prices. It's a trap and more people will just say no to it and stay on Public Mobile where they can't raise prices without the whole Internet erupting into an uproar.
Exactly. Don't fall into the trap, Koodo will raise their prices. Koodo will do one account, then next account in a month or two.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2634 posts
2630 upvotes
Ottawa
I just got a text from PM telling me that this deal is available to to text "Yes" if I wanted to upgrade to the new plan.

I've used 125 MB in the last week, so I'll stick with my $25 plan.
Apr 25, 2011
75 posts
77 upvotes
YVR
same here I got the text as well.

was on $30 before
Dec 18, 2019
27 posts
39 upvotes
Wildwestbob wrote: Referal rewards was pretty easier.
I entered my code and add 2 lines for family and it showed up a couple of days later.
Deal of the century!!!
Hah if Canada was a sane country $20 would get you unlimited everything like pretty much anywhere else.
Feb 14, 2012
6 posts
I switch from 3G plan to this deal and my LTE speed is 1.4Mbps. Is this normal for 4G ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
9067 posts
2666 upvotes
Burnaby
Poutinesauce wrote: Except now we know it's just a trick that Koodo will use to raise prices. It's a trap and more people will just say no to it and stay on Public Mobile where they can't raise prices without the whole Internet erupting into an uproar.
The public mobile migration plans to Koodo were really good though, and still decent with the 5 GB free addon. $35/5GB or $40 for 8GB plus $180 in bill credits, and tab medium eligible. Picked up a couple discounted phones over the years, plus the bill credits.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4033 posts
4443 upvotes
Muskoka
I wonder how many people who got the txt msg to reply YES backed off as soon as they saw 3x bonus points qualifier thinking they were going to be switched to new points system?
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2022 posts
2194 upvotes
zohar99 wrote: I switch from 3G plan to this deal and my LTE speed is 1.4Mbps. Is this normal for 4G ?
It usually will take a few days to be "uncapped". Public mobile 3G plans is actually LTE connection, but capped to 3G speeds. By changing to 4G, the cap will be raised to up to 100 Mbps, but it will take a few days.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Sep 13, 2013
20 posts
8 upvotes
I just switched to this plan after wanting to leave Chatr for over a year now. I’m paying the same but the data and 4G speed is totally worth it. Thanks!
Nov 27, 2008
221 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I'm still on Kodoo's $40/8gig plan and still no change in price. $45.20 after taxes data speed wise I didn't notice a difference but I'm not a data hog on cell network.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4503 posts
2297 upvotes
Ontario
Is the data speed the same speed as Koodo? My father uses his phone as a mobile hotspot, no home internet plan. Thanks
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15155 posts
4968 upvotes
VANCOUVER
bjcheung77 wrote: With internet/wifi at home, mall, etc, the $25/month 1G was what I was on too... but this is a great deal to 'pass by'. So jumped on it and can always come back to the $25 if I ever wanted, I don't think they'll come out with this type of deal any time soon. If they will "leave" the deal for future months, then I would have taken it then... we will see if it's a temp plan or a permanent plan...
Personally, I hate using public wi-fi. To be able to use cellular data like there's no tomorrow...priceless! Plus my data is way faster than my home wi-fi!
Oct 22, 2011
238 posts
229 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Menace wrote: No, 5ucking way. I won't take Koodo migration text again. I rather take someone else.
I remember that promo but I never took it, I take it they raised the prices... and by how much if you don't mind me asking?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
6009 posts
5838 upvotes
Vancouver
FormerSlacker wrote: I remember that promo but I never took it, I take it they raised the prices... and by how much if you don't mind me asking?
Koodo raised prices by $5 after 3.5 years.

When Koodo offered the migration plan, it came with $180 bill credits, $50 refer a friend credit, free SIM, and the now effectively defunct tabs. If you called in regularly to match competitors, you got free data. The $35/5GB plan became 10GB, right before increasing to $40/12GB.

All in all, Koodo was very fair.
Last edited by Spinner on Nov 1st, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5537 posts
1961 upvotes
ElBarto3131 wrote: Hah if Canada was a sane country $20 would get you unlimited everything like pretty much anywhere else.
But then Canada wouldn't have some of the most profitable telco's in the world. It's the equivalent of the health care lobby in the U.S.

CRTC is made to defend them.
Life
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8752 posts
8487 upvotes
Spinner wrote: Koodo raised prices by $5 after 3.5 years.

When Koodo offered the migration plan, it came with $180 bill credits, $50 refer a friend credit, free SIM, and the now effectively defunct tabs. If you called in regularly to match competitors, you got free data. The $35/5GB plan became 10GB, right before increasing to $40/12GB.

All in all, Koodo was very fair.
A greedy bully is never fair.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)