• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2019 10:41 pm
[OP]
Jun 19, 2017
640 posts
1173 upvotes
Canada

40” Budget TV Recommendation

I’m looking for a budget HD TV to put in an exercise room so I can watch TV/Play PS4 while I do cardio.

Size would need to be 40” or smaller and I’d like to spend less than $350.

There’s lots of recommendations online for various budget televisions but I’d like to reach out to the community here for your input. Smart and 4K is a bonus. My daily driver is a TCL P series and I love it. Thanks in advance.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2947 upvotes
Lickzy wrote: I’m looking for a budget HD TV to put in an exercise room so I can watch TV/Play PS4 while I do cardio.

Size would need to be 40” or smaller and I’d like to spend less than $350.

There’s lots of recommendations online for various budget televisions but I’d like to reach out to the community here for your input. Smart and 4K is a bonus. My daily driver is a TCL P series and I love it. Thanks in advance.
Get a tv with an IPS panel for better angles - LG non-OLED are all IPS panels. Since it's the exercise room, and presumably you wont stay there for the entire movie, then get a cheap one but with decent speakers that are clear and loud.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
245 upvotes
If you don't really need 4K then I'd just get a $200ish 40" Sony or Samsung which is within a 3-5 years old from Kijiji. PS4 doesn't do 4K properly anyways so 1080p should be good.