[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3031 posts
1065 upvotes
North York

[Telus] 40% off select fitbit products (ZIP/ONE/CHARGE/FLEX) - Telus

Take the leap to a healthier, happier you
Get motivated. Get moving. Get a better sleep. We’ve got the right fitness gear and Learning Centre Experts to set you up.

With the TELUS Walk to Cure Diabetes only a few weeks away, take advantage of an exclusive 40% discount on select Fitbit products and deck yourself out with one of our fitness wearables.

Until June 30th, you can purchase:
• a Fitbit Zip activity tracker for only $41.99 (reg. price $69.99)
• a Fitbit One activity and sleep tracker for only $71.99 (reg. price $119.99)
• a Fitbit Charge activity and sleep wristband for only $71.99 (reg. price $119.99)
• a Fitbit Flex activity and sleep wristband for only $77.99 (reg. price $129.99)

Bring a printout of this webpage into your nearest TELUS store and use the coupon code DISC-40FB to take advantage of this special offer. Available while quantities last.

For every step you take, we’ll donate:
If you are attending the TELUS Walk to Cure Diabetes in Toronto, Edmonton or Vancouver, remember to bring your Fitbit onsite and join our step challenge to raise even more money for JDRF. To join the TELUS Fitbit group: 1. click on your region above; 2. click ‘join this group’ on the community page. Please note, if you aren’t logged in to your Fitbit account, the link will prompt you to sign in first, before re-directing you to the community page.

TELUS offers a variety of fitness trackers that allow you to choose your goals - by steps, calories, or distance - and help track your daily progress towards achieving those goals. With some of our more advanced fitness trackers, you can also view your heart rate and even track your sleep patterns.
32 replies
Jul 23, 2012
479 posts
180 upvotes
Montreal
Surprised the charge is cheaper than the flex; based on features? Is there a difference? Thanks OP, will pick one up for my wife.

EDIT: Just noticed neither of them have a heart rate monitor.
Sep 9, 2014
661 posts
559 upvotes
Montreal, QC
beneran89 wrote: Surprised the charge is cheaper than the flex; based on features? Is there a difference? Thanks OP, will pick one up for my wife.

EDIT: Just noticed neither of them have a heart rate monitor.
If you want heart rate monitor, you should opt for Fitbit Charge HR.

I owned one and returned it. Here's my experience with that product during 3-weeks.

- What I hate the most about this product is the flashing heart monitor sensor. It flashes green constantly and it really GLOWS at night. So if your wife sleeps on the side, it'll definitely be annoying.
- It's recommended that you take off the band when showering... When I wear something, I don't want to take it off.. Apparently, it can damage the sensor...
- The steps aren't even accurate. When I drive, and turn the wheel, it counts as a step... lol.
- If your wife wears long sleeve shirts, it'll be quite annoying.

Hopefully, you consider these points before buying a fitbit product. I'm glad I was eligible for refund on this product. :D

Good luck!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4751 posts
24976 upvotes
Montreal
ericli007 wrote: - It's recommended that you take off the band when showering... When I wear something, I don't want to take it off.. Apparently, it can damage the sensor...
- The steps aren't even accurate. When I drive, and turn the wheel, it counts as a step... lol.
Regarding accuracy: http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/6/107242 ... e-tracking

As for showering + water. I own a FitBit Charge, and had to have it replaced after wearing it one day in July doing yardwork all day in 38 degree weather a sweating so much it damaged the sensor. They were good and gave me a replacement no questions asked as it was witin the first year.

Then there is also the issue of the bracelet band peeling away..a known issue for the Charge & Charge HR

All points to consider.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2001
1029 posts
128 upvotes
Edmonton
That's weird that the Flex costs more since it doesn't have the 'floors climbed' tracking that the Charge has.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2001
1029 posts
128 upvotes
Edmonton
For anyone considering the Aria: Don't. It only supports wireless B weirdly enough.
Dec 12, 2010
191 posts
82 upvotes
krajy82 wrote: Fitbit is currently having a sale if anyone is interested: http://www.fitbit.com/ca/home
Wonder if it has anything to do with WWDC next week and Apple *potentially announcing Apple Watch 2.0

Edit: Unlikely, the sale seems pretty lame. mostly just discounts on bands.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7533 posts
822 upvotes
Waterloo
Gonna buy one what u suggest for the best bang of buck
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15163 posts
3047 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
sassysue wrote: Gonna buy one what u suggest for the best bang of buck
I love my charge but would opt for the newer ones now with screen.
Dec 3, 2011
781 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
So are they accurate? Inaccurate? Worth the price?
I've been hearing conflicting arguments about them, I'm so confused. I wanna get one for my parents, ultimately for health reasons as my dad recently suffered 2 strokes in the past year....
Oct 3, 2008
371 posts
109 upvotes
Canada
With any pedometer they are more accurate the longer you use it. None are going to be 100% perfect unless it's wired to your cardiovasular system somehow. But what I find is if you use it for a longer time it will take into account your erroneous movements but since you track it over a longer time when you are actually working out or running it will make more sense reading the analytics. So wear it all the time and check it frequently to make the most out of it. They can be gimmicky if not used consistently.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3424 posts
4014 upvotes
flex is on sale for $100 at Telus, so i actually only paid $60+tax for mine today. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8893 posts
1534 upvotes
Was looking for the charge and they're pretty much all gone. Fitbit is discontinuing the charge as well so if it's sold, it's gone and this is what telus reps told me.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 3, 2011
781 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
Got 2 of the flex for my parents but my mom wasnt interested. If anybody is interested in one, PM me
Aug 12, 2011
18 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener
sassysue wrote: Gonna buy one what u suggest for the best bang of buck
I have the One and so does almost everyone I know.

I chose it because:

- Sleep tracking (which I almost never use and you probably won't consistently either)
- Tracks floors
- Easy to clip on to my clothes
- Small and compact
- Better reported accuracy at that time (Apparently wrist bands can register steps when you talk with your hands and not when you're carrying something like a purse or a bag and not moving your arms as much).

It's been over 2 years and I still wear it everyday. It moves from bra to bra until it needs charging (every couple weeks or so).

I paid $80 at Sport Chek so that's a pretty good deal.
Nov 2, 2001
111 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
Code worked on a Fitbit Charge HR. Worked out to $115.25 after taxes.
Jun 15, 2010
247 posts
43 upvotes
RedFlagDeals
urbanchamp wrote: Code worked on a Fitbit Charge HR. Worked out to $115.25 after taxes.
Which store did you go to?
Nov 2, 2001
111 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
Radudu wrote: Which store did you go to?
Conestoga Mall in Waterloo. They were out of the Fitbit Charge, so decided to try out the code on the HR model.