Expired Hot Deals

407 ETR unlimited driving for $34.99/month TARGETED

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2020 11:04 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8424 posts
1353 upvotes
WinterSleep wrote: They didn't sell it off to a private company - it is being tolled by the government. Not like the private company that can quadruple the rates. It's completely different, and the intention behind the original 407 was also to be tolled. Stop your lies.

Btw, I voted for Ford myself, but will never forgive the Cons for selling 407.
Don't blame the conservatives then and you've just completely contradicted yourself and exposed yourself as a liar. Post your proof that the Liberals went to court to prevent the 412 and the new 407 extensions from being tolled when THEY WERE THE ONES WHO DID IT as you have said above, Completely contradicting yourself.

It doesn't matter who is tolling any highway, the fact of the matter is that it's still being tolled and both the 412 and the new 407 extensions were chosen to be tolled by the former Liberal government (AS YOU HAD SAID ABOVE).
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2016
1494 posts
1284 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am going to stop repeating myself for you, because it is clear over your head and has derailed the thread. If you go back, the original problem is not that it is tolled - but that it is being optimized for profit by maximizing the toll whereas the toll could be decreased to a sensible level, to optimize for traffic flow. Nobody wants another congested 401 so it should remain tolled. The issue is the astronomical rates that the private company owning 407 gets to charge through the terrible deal the Harris Conservatives cut for them. They ought to have put in place a clause to limit increases to reasonable, as per maintenance and such. They have gone up more than 4x since their inception, and new charges keep getting added.

I won't be responding to your replies out of respect to others here. You are welcome to PM me if you are still confused. I think everyone else gets it but you.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1429 posts
771 upvotes
marc_t wrote: just wow!
Maybe it's because I'm not from Ontario? but the concept of paying to use a highway is ridiculous!

Income and sales taxes of 50% of gross revenu aren't enough it seems lol!

from wiki:
Um pretty much most of the world has pay highways
Canada, USA, Euro, Asia

Although you really should not be throwing stones here....
Montreal highways are laughable compared to most of Canada
I'm not even talking about mafia bridge collapses, just the layout & efficiency of volume
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8424 posts
1353 upvotes
WinterSleep wrote: I am going to stop repeating myself for you, because it is clear over your head and has derailed the thread. If you go back, the original problem is not that it is tolled - but that it is being optimized for profit by maximizing the toll whereas the toll could be decreased to a sensible level, to optimize for traffic flow. Nobody wants another congested 401 so it should remain tolled. The issue is the astronomical rates that the private company owning 407 gets to charge through the terrible deal the Harris Conservatives cut for them. They ought to have put in place a clause to limit increases to reasonable, as per maintenance and such. They have gone up more than 4x since their inception, and new charges keep getting added.

I won't be responding to your replies out of respect to others here. You are welcome to PM me if you are still confused. I think everyone else gets it but you.
You've completely contradicted yourself and there's nothing more that you can say. The Liberals chose to toll the new 412 and the new extensions to the 407, but yet you still blame the conservatives for this when they haven't been in power for 15 years. Just because the Conservatives tolled the original 407 back in the 90's, it doesn't mean the Liberals had to do it with the new 412 and the new 407 extensions that were built within the last 4 years. It's you who just doesn't get it and you've demonstrated clearly that it's well above your head to understand.
Last edited by Frankie3s on Sep 17th, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1429 posts
771 upvotes
sobig wrote: Just received a bill yesterday from the ETR
Followed Google map direction, went to Niagara fall this summer.
Result 65$ for a one way trip, I was on the ETR for about an hours...
what a **** rip off!
The ETR is nothing more than a money trap
What?
407 does not go anywhere near Niagara Falls lol
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1429 posts
771 upvotes
sobig wrote: 0.4790 per km,
107.964km x0.4790 per pm=$51.71+$4.15 camera+$1.00 trip toil charges+ $3.95= $60.81
That what I got charge for a single trip on the 407....
That is not even close to accurate
Considering the rate charts are posted online why make up numbers?

Airport would have to be Zone 2
There is no possible charge of 0.4789 per KM at any time of day

https://www.407etr.com/en/tolls/rate-ch ... light.html
Jun 10, 2011
547 posts
470 upvotes
kav2001c wrote: That is not even close to accurate
Considering the rate charts are posted online why make up numbers?

Airport would have to be Zone 2
There is no possible charge of 0.4789 per KM at any time of day

https://www.407etr.com/en/tolls/rate-ch ... light.html

https://imgur.com/a/DVQoG6W

here is the proof...

That should put a stop to your trolling...
Last edited by sobig on Sep 17th, 2018 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2008
1016 posts
366 upvotes
Markham
I wish I could get this targetted offer...even if it was at $100 a month. The 407 drops my commute time from >2 hrs down to 30 minutes. I only take it one way to reduce costs. Take a guess how much I spend on toll routes a month. Lol.

Ya it's pricey, but it's worth my sanity and more good sleep. For me, that time is priceless as I want to arrive to work at my maximum self.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10839 posts
2756 upvotes
Scarberia
might be hot if it was 35 a year! i think i've drivin on the 407 twice lol in my life
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1429 posts
771 upvotes
sobig wrote: Image

https://imgur.com/a/DVQoG6W

here is the proof...

That should put a stop to your trolling...
All you have proved is you never drive on 407
You have an AVERAGE cost per KM since you drove through multiple zones

I even provided the actual link above for correct rates
lol
Apr 8, 2017
28 posts
24 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Frankie3s wrote: How could the conservatives sell off the newly built 412 and the extensions to the existing 407 (notice that I didn't say 407 ETR), which were completed within the last 4 years, that were "tolled out" by the Ont Liberal government whom have been in power prior to the election for close to 15 years? Even if they had outsourced the tolling to someone else, it still was the decision of the Ont. Liberal government to do.

When the new 412 and the extensions to the existing 407 were built and completed within the last 4 years, they were not included in the original sale. Thus, it was the Liberals who chose to toll the newly built 412 and those NEW extensions to the 407. Even if it were amended to the original 407 ETR agreement, then it still was the decision of Kathleen Wynne and the Liberals to do so. Remember the conservatives have not been in power for close to 15 years.

When I mentioned the government screwing us I mean't it in general. Carbon taxes, allowing companies such as the 407 to charge whatever they want, etc., When the Liberal government forced the carbon taxes on us who was screwing the us then? A private consortium? That's still the irony.
This is totally fake. 407 EAST is totally owned by the government, but operared by 407 ETR under service agreement not LEASE agreement. 407 ETR only gets a fixed commission. All toll revenue goes to the government.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2379 posts
599 upvotes
Ontario
last time I drove the 407. There was as much traffic as the 401 and I paid $20 to sit in traffic. Never again.