67435 upvotes
Ontario

($45/4GB or $55/6GB) Migration Plans

Retailer:
Fido/Rogers
Same requirements at last time.

Link

Requirements
- Only Chatr, Fido and Rogers prepaid can switch to those plans.
- Minimum with 30 days of usage

However, there are salespeople who will activate for you without meeting the requirements. Just remember Rogers/Fido can change your plan at any time if they found out.

Fido Pulse Plan (BYOD)
  • Data Overages = $7/100 MB
  • Unlimited Canada-wide calling
  • Unlimited messages (text, picture and video)
  • Call Display
  • Call Waiting
  • Circle Calling
  • Mini Voicemail
  • Fido Roam
85 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2249 posts
1336 upvotes
GTA
too bad only those mentioned can get the deal.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Mar 28, 2011
176 posts
121 upvotes
Local Scotland
Thatdealguy wrote: Just remember Rogers/Fido can change your plan at any time if they found out.
LOL

I talked to FIDO loyalty department and they add the new line ($40 unlim 4G) to my account without any issues.
Mar 28, 2011
176 posts
121 upvotes
Local Scotland
Thatdealguy wrote:
- Only Chatr, Fido and Rogers prepaid can switch to those plans.
+ Petro Canada
Nov 4, 2014
289 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm with FIDO right now, on an old plan with 2yrs contract. So am I supposed to call them, and ask them to switch me to that plan (and pay the rest of my "Upgrade Today Fee")? or have to go retention department?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
1124 posts
151 upvotes
anyone else successful getting this plan from retentions? i have $70 unltd canada wide calling and 3gb data on Large tab with $0 iphone 8, thinking of returning iphone 8 and just getting cheaper plan with data and buy iphone seperately.
Jan 22, 2018
1 posts
Beket wrote: LOL

I talked to FIDO loyalty department and they add the new line ($40 unlim 4G) to my account without any issues.
Hello,
how did you contact the FIDO loyalty department, live chat or phone call?
Thank you.
Sep 17, 2007
749 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
Beket wrote: LOL

Lol u are about to start a war!
Sep 17, 2015
135 posts
459 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm on a non-pulse $45 / 2+2gb Fido plan, tried talking with them yesterday to maybe migrate to a pulse $45/4gb plan. They only offered me a $60/6gb plan... guess I'll have to try moving to Rogers or keep hammering :P
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28636 posts
1309 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
dorje wrote: anyone else successful getting this plan from retentions? i have $70 unltd canada wide calling and 3gb data on Large tab with $0 iphone 8, thinking of returning iphone 8 and just getting cheaper plan with data and buy iphone seperately.
is the math cheaper for you in the end???
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
1124 posts
151 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote: is the math cheaper for you in the end???
well the plan doesn't have a contract; i'm using the same handset for 3 years; so in the long run it might be cheaper for me not to be tied to a contract.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28636 posts
1309 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
dorje wrote: well the plan doesn't have a contract; i'm using the same handset for 3 years; so in the long run it might be cheaper for me not to be tied to a contract.
Your logic is flawed.

If you're never going to buy a new phone, then yes obviously BYOB is a cheaper route.

But if you're doing BYOB and spending $1000-$1300 (whatever they cost now) for an iphone8, the math may not be so confirming.

Also, contracts are 2 years long.

Your math should be

$70+tax x 24months = A
$40+tax x 24months = B + Cost of Phone.

If A < B+Cost of phone, then it is cheaper for you to stay with your current set up.

Don't compare apples to oranges though. If your $70 plan is 6Gb, don't suddenly count the 4Gb $40 plan and say 'it's a cheaper option'. You *can*, but you're not doing a credible comparison. If you can 'make it work', then it's cheaper and that's all that matters.
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9929 posts
67435 upvotes
Ontario
dorje wrote: anyone else successful getting this plan from retentions? i have $70 unltd canada wide calling and 3gb data on Large tab with $0 iphone 8, thinking of returning iphone 8 and just getting cheaper plan with data and buy iphone seperately.
zeromux wrote: I'm on a non-pulse $45 / 2+2gb Fido plan, tried talking with them yesterday to maybe migrate to a pulse $45/4gb plan. They only offered me a $60/6gb plan... guess I'll have to try moving to Rogers or keep hammering :P
They said only prepaid to these plans. Maybe u can try. Sometimes they give it to you on the phone. Just like last time
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9929 posts
67435 upvotes
Ontario
Your plan is better than this migration plan.

You got a $1000 for free just by paying $25 more per month.
$25 x 24 months = $600

Basically, you paid $600 for a new Iphone 8.
Feb 3, 2007
895 posts
88 upvotes
So what would be the easiest way for someone to get this?
Jul 16, 2015
382 posts
175 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Last month the promo was 4gb for 40. They just upped this one by $5. I find it crazy how plans are all over the place right now. The basic plans are a joke in terms of pricing. Just gouging the uninformed
Dec 9, 2014
91 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I'm with fido on $50 3Gb plan and tried to get this. They told me no.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1958 posts
139 upvotes
Guelph
bubble.tea wrote: Your logic is flawed.

If you're never going to buy a new phone, then yes obviously BYOB is a cheaper route.

But if you're doing BYOB and spending $1000-$1300 (whatever they cost now) for an iphone8, the math may not be so confirming.

Also, contracts are 2 years long.

Your math should be

$70+tax x 24months = A
$40+tax x 24months = B + Cost of Phone.

If A < B+Cost of phone, then it is cheaper for you to stay with your current set up.

Don't compare apples to oranges though. If your $70 plan is 6Gb, don't suddenly count the 4Gb $40 plan and say 'it's a cheaper option'. You *can*, but you're not doing a credible comparison. If you can 'make it work', then it's cheaper and that's all that matters.
Wrong, what happens after those 24 months once you’ve now paid off that phone tab and still stuck paying a premium plan fee? I haven’t seen many circumstances where buying the phone outright wasn’t the cheaper way to go.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28636 posts
1309 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
dtm252535 wrote: Wrong, what happens after those 24 months once you’ve now paid off that phone tab and still stuck paying a premium plan fee? ...
after 24months, you benefit from...guess what....ANOTHER opportunity to shop & profit from a subsidized hardware purchase.

The whole point of a contract is that once it's done, you're no longer 'stuck'. If you find a cheaper deal., churn your way to another provider & reap the rewards.

If you don't want the hardware, flip it for $1K at least & ride the coat tails for another 2years.

If you go BYOB only, MATH DEPENDING, you're forfeiting 100% of the profits of a subsidized hardware, EVERY 2 years. It's a no brainer.

And now with competition being so cut throat, providers are offering these 'byob' new activations, or retention 'migration byob plans', so if you were happy with your service but just want a cheaper plan, once you've zeroed your subsidy, you could downgrade to a cheaper plan ;). No more premium plan fee. Ding Ding Ding!!!!