• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2018 9:45 am
[OP]
Aug 27, 2010
497 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto

4k channels on Rogers TV

I will be getting my Rogers 4k box set up in a few days and was wondering..
is there any channels that are 4k without paying for a package?

Also is there any special shows/sports that are broadcast in 4k on fox or whatever channel?
What channels do you guys watch in 4k?

kudos in advance
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1509 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
I have the 4K theme pack which is $10/mo but is free for the first 12 months. I get 2 Sportsnet channels, 2 TSN channels, 2 music video/concert channels, and a 4K preview channel. The only thing worth watching now is Jays home games which are broadcast in 4K on one of the Sportsnet channels (I think 998). Pretty much everything else that airs on the Sportsnet 4K channels is not 4K at all. The 2 TSN 4K channels are currently off the air but that should change once the NHL and NBA seasons start.
Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes
Anyone else seeing the TSN 4K channels off air? It's been like this for a while. Does Rogers plan to enable these channels anytime soon? A bit disappointed to find that these channels are off air.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5024 posts
1886 upvotes
greenbaido wrote: I will be getting my Rogers 4k box set up in a few days and was wondering..
is there any channels that are 4k without paying for a package?

Also is there any special shows/sports that are broadcast in 4k on fox or whatever channel?
What channels do you guys watch in 4k?

kudos in advance
I worked for Rogers. The 4K package is a TOTAL RIPOFF. ONLY a handful of channels and word from my ex-colleagues that are still there ... Rogers is not putting much into advancing 4K ... they are moving over to IPTV which will be launched later in 2018 (currently they have employees testing the IPTV)

Here's a LINK to Rogers 4K Channels (6 TV Channels and 3 Music Channels) ... so you are paying a premium for NOTHING ...
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2001
1317 posts
195 upvotes
Mississauga
I was going to get the 4K box but it is pretty useless right now. Will wait for IPTV box.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1509 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
AV-Fishing wrote:
I worked for Rogers. The 4K package is a TOTAL RIPOFF. ONLY a handful of channels and word from my ex-colleagues that are still there ... Rogers is not putting much into advancing 4K ... they are moving over to IPTV which will be launched later in 2018 (currently they have employees testing the IPTV)

Here's a LINK to Rogers 4K Channels (6 TV Channels and 3 Music Channels) ... so you are paying a premium for NOTHING ...
The 4K package should be free for one year.
tonedcarrot wrote: Anyone else seeing the TSN 4K channels off air? It's been like this for a while. Does Rogers plan to enable these channels anytime soon? A bit disappointed to find that these channels are off air.
They only come on air when there is a game that's available in 4K. The Sportsnet 4K channels are always on air but most of their programming is not actually 4K (only select games are).
Nov 13, 2016
445 posts
222 upvotes
It should be free period. Charging $7.99 a month (after the 1 year.) for these channels is a complete ripoff imho.