Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$5 code when using Amazon.CA app for first time

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2017 11:59 am
[OP]
Jun 2, 2003
141 posts
303 upvotes

$5 code when using Amazon.CA app for first time

Deal Link:
Savings:
$5
Expiry:
August 4, 2017
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
This deal has been posted many times for Amazon.COM, with little luck.

Got email this morning for same deal from Amazon.CA

https://www.amazon.ca/b?node=1631416501 ... _inc_unrec&

Terms and Conditions

This is a limited time offer. This offer is valid from 12:01 a.m. (PT) on August 3, 2017, until the earlier of 11:59 p.m. (PT) August 4, 2017, or when all promotional codes are claimed.
This offer is only available to Amazon.ca customers
This offer is limited to one code per eligible customer and account.
Recipients will receive a code valid for $5 CAD off a future purchase on Amazon.ca of $5.01 or more within 7 days after their first app sign-in. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional code.
Promotional code expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) September 30, 2017.
Offer may not be combined with other offers.
Code must be added to Shopping Cart, and offer will be reflected at Checkout.
Code only applies to products sold by Amazon.ca, not a third party or other Amazon entity (look for "sold by Amazon.ca" on the content detail page), or digital content sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC (other than certain digital content). Products sold by third party sellers that are "fulfilled by Amazon.ca" or "Prime Eligible" will not qualify.
The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.00 CAD.
This offer only applies to the Amazon Shopping App and Underground App and not any other app created or distributed by Amazon or its affiliates.
This offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in Canada and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC.
Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
62 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5308 posts
4551 upvotes
Toronto
Basically need to install Amazon Shopping app from Google Play (34.45 MB) and login. Will have to wait for email, as I didn't see anything within first 5 minutes of doing so.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1846 posts
1176 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
Also got this email. Offer valid for one of my accounts. :)
Mar 21, 2016
81 posts
80 upvotes
If you're curious as to whether you're eligible, when I clicked the link in the OP it told me I wasn't eligible. :(
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11642 posts
2262 upvotes
Guelph
Thank you for your interest in the Amazon app. This promotion is only for customers without a previous sign-in to the Amazon app. Our records indicate that you have signed in previously and are therefore not eligible.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2016
1199 posts
1487 upvotes
Thanks OP! Was eligible for the offer, just waiting for the code now.
TELUS Mobility Unlimited 25GB for $30 | Unltd US Calls & Intl Text, Visual VM, Call Forwarding for $0
- Apple Watch
& Tablet for $0
Bell Internet Gigabit Fibe 1.5Gbps for $44.95
Freedom Talk & Text for $25/yr
Dec 11, 2016
126 posts
103 upvotes
Prime members get a $10 code when you first sign in on the App
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2921 posts
2182 upvotes
GTA
Installed it as a result of this offer but it's certainly not as I expected. Thinking since it linked from Amazon.ca, it would only show me things which I can buy. Instead, it's showing things that it deems pertinent to my purchase history regardless of whether I can actually buy it or not. Rather stupid if they haven't figured out this simple principle.

Update: It looks like by default my setting is for United States even though it has my proper address. Changed it to Canada and now seeing the right merchandise.
Last edited by Britex on Aug 3rd, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2921 posts
2182 upvotes
GTA
Botopo wrote: Prime members get a $10 code when you first sign in on the App
How? Does it say that somewhere?
Mar 23, 2004
47191 posts
13372 upvotes
Markham
Botopo wrote: Prime members get a $10 code when you first sign in on the App
Britex wrote: How? Does it say that somewhere?
That $10 offer was from earlier last month. I got the $5 offer too but i already got the $10 code before, so dont think it would work for me.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56484 posts
21536 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: That $10 offer was from earlier last month. I got the $5 offer too but i already got the $10 code before, so dont think it would work for me.
Can we see the $10 offer on a desktop browser on only within the app? I don't think I got one.
Banned
Jun 14, 2017
35 posts
34 upvotes
Just got an email on two of my Amazon accounts for this.
Images
  • IMG_4892.PNG
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2488 upvotes
squall458 wrote: Thank you for your interest in the Amazon app. This promotion is only for customers without a previous sign-in to the Amazon app. Our records indicate that you have signed in previously and are therefore not eligible.
I got this message too and I've never even used their online app. What bs.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56484 posts
21536 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: The $10 offer is no more now.
I mean, how do you see the offer? I signed into the app during the promo period but have no indication whether I got it.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2016
1199 posts
1487 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: I mean, how do you see the offer? I signed into the app during the promo period but have no indication whether I got it.
I guess you have to just wait and see..
TELUS Mobility Unlimited 25GB for $30 | Unltd US Calls & Intl Text, Visual VM, Call Forwarding for $0
- Apple Watch
& Tablet for $0
Bell Internet Gigabit Fibe 1.5Gbps for $44.95
Freedom Talk & Text for $25/yr
Nov 26, 2015
867 posts
630 upvotes
Ontario
alanbrenton wrote: I mean, how do you see the offer? I signed into the app during the promo period but have no indication whether I got it.
If it is like the prime days promo, you will get an email with the promo code if you qualify. Note that the code will need to be entered when buying something and not like the gift card promo where it is added to account.

Essentially this might work by using multiple accounts on different devices to receive multiple codes. Once you get the codes, I do not think it is tied to a specific account.