Travel

5 day beach vacation but departure from two different airports

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2017 7:29 pm
[OP]
Oct 3, 2003
10 posts

5 day beach vacation but departure from two different airports

We just got engaged and we want to celebrate by taking a little trip. The issue is she lives in the Bay Area in California and I live in Toronto, Canada.

I've looked into all-inclusive vacations to Cancun, but it seems its going to cost us at least 2k, if we were both traveling from Toronto (approx $200/day/per person). I can imagine it would be more if she took a flight from the bay area and adding an additional person to the package. I'm not sure if that is a good deal for 5 days either. We would love all-inclusive, as we have such a short period of time, but trying to co-ordinate this is very hard, as searching for resorts gives me quotes from my departure city for 2 people.
We want to leave in the last week of March 2017 and want something sunny/calm/beachy weather, but at this point i'm open to other ideas as well but we don't want to go to each others cities (San Francisco Bay Area and Toronto).

Any advice would be great!
5 replies
May 7, 2015
528 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Because you're leaving from 2 different countries, you're going to have to do flight and hotel separately. You can still get all inclusive packages at whichever hotel you prefer, you'll just have to do the flight on your own.

I'd also recommend speaking to a travel agent, as this is one of those times when they can really come in handy and figure out the most economical way to get what you want.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8856 posts
3349 upvotes
Toronto
Look into Mexico AI resorts. Chances are better for direct flights from both yyz and sfo. Yes talk to a TA about booking a 5 day AI resort, but with you booking your own flights.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16599 posts
2314 upvotes
VorteX wrote: Any advice would be great!
Have you looked at Cabo? It's very easy to get to Cabo from California and won't be too bad for you if you fly through say LAX.

Hawaii could be a cheap option as well - flights from SFO to Hawaii aren't very expensive, and even from Toronto not too bad on WestJet/Air Canada via YVR. It's a long flight for you - I would do a minimum of 7 days for Hawaii.

In anycase, you may have missed the cheap deals since March is just around the corner and it's prime spring break season.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4328 posts
1338 upvotes
Moncton
Congrats, since you are now engaged to an American, you now need a visa to enter the United States.

There is no shortage of food and drink options in Cancun. A short trip makes all inclusive _less_ important, not more. Very easy to book flights and hotel separately. I like Expedia.

Keep in mind San Francisco is a lot further from Cancun than Toronto is. Avoid flying via a US airport until you get that visa situation sorted out. Air Canada, Westjet, Sunwing and Air Transat all offer direct non-stop flights between Toronto and Cancun, but flying via the USA is sometimes cheaper (but you'd need a visa).
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2007
4394 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
Damn you for taking the username I originally wanted.