Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

5 Dress Shirts for $199 & $89 Custom Shirts From Spier & Mackay

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2012 1:01 pm
[OP]
Oct 5, 2011
24 posts
71 upvotes
TORONTO

5 Dress Shirts for $199 & $89 Custom Shirts From Spier & Mackay

You can get $25 off your first order. You will get a coupon code once you create an account, so the 5 OTR Shirts actually turn out to be for $174

As for the $89 custom shirt offer, you can save $15 per shirt if you buy two shirts and $25 if you buy 3+ shirts, making it a $64 custom shirt. In addition, you can save another $25 using the first order coupon code.

Their refer a friend program allows you to give your friends $25 off their first order and you'll receive $25 in store credit if their order exceeds $75 (but that can't be combined with the $25 off your first order

[IMG]https://spierandmackay.com/userfiles/im ... ension.jpg[/IMG]
42 replies
Nov 21, 2005
321 posts
26 upvotes
Edmonton
Nice. I ordered some shirts from them a while back and they are very soft and comfortable and for OTR shirts they are extremely well fitting. If I needed more shirts right now I would go with them.
Heatware
Ebay Username = hwakboxen
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14486 posts
243 upvotes
Mississauga
$90 /shirt is pretty high for custom.
I buy my custom shirts from The Tailored Man Hong Kong Tailors.
Usually I can get 6 shirts for $300.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
$40/shirt? Are the sewn together with gold thread and packaged with a waiting virgin or something O.o
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2008
1648 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Ascott wrote: $40/shirt? Are the sewn together with gold thread and packaged with a waiting virgin or something O.o

if youve never worn a custom shirt you have no idea how good a price that is. When something is fitted just for your body its amazingly comfortable.
Nov 21, 2005
321 posts
26 upvotes
Edmonton
redzone wrote: if youve never worn a custom shirt you have no idea how good a price that is. When something is fitted just for your body its amazingly comfortable.

Yup.
Heatware
Ebay Username = hwakboxen
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1735 posts
159 upvotes
Ottawa
redzone wrote: if youve never worn a custom shirt you have no idea how good a price that is. When something is fitted just for your body its amazingly comfortable.

the 40 dollar ones aren't custom
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1669 posts
417 upvotes
Vancouver
Great deal even if its just for OTR. Even if it's not quite the right fit, it would still cost less to have it tailored to fit than to buy it MTM.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14486 posts
243 upvotes
Mississauga
pace wrote: the 40 dollar ones aren't custom

That's a certainty. Still it amazes me that people pay $100+ for a Banana Republic shirt when custom is much cheaper.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Aug 14, 2009
321 posts
61 upvotes
how about ironing these... easy to do? does the quality help them hold their crispness?
Nov 26, 2007
106 posts
6 upvotes
Been holding off buying dress shirts more a bit and this price is nice! Definitely better than paying $50 (if I'm lucky and hit a sale) a shirt or more at Mexx, A/X or the other higher end stores.
Jul 28, 2010
14 posts
3 upvotes
anyone know of any good and cheap companies to get custom shirts other than IM label?
Apr 9, 2012
259 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
mlc2000 wrote: $90 /shirt is pretty high for custom.
I buy my custom shirts from The Tailored Man Hong Kong Tailors.
Usually I can get 6 shirts for $300.

Hi, would you mind sharing where is this store? I google'd that store you mentioned, and found them to be in Virginia, USA. There is also another HK tailors that do tour around the world. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1200 posts
205 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
[QUOTE]Registering will allow you refer freinds to earn credit, track orders,
move through checkout faster and more. *Denotes a manditoy field.[/QUOTE]

sloppy
Jul 23, 2007
852 posts
8 upvotes
I don't know these guys so was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Are they non iron wrinkle free?
To bad no downtown location.
Dec 29, 2007
85 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody who purchased from them before can comment on the quality? VS your standard department store shirt (ie the BAY etc)
Recovering RFD addict
Nov 24, 2004
976 posts
88 upvotes
I have about a dozen of their shirts. They're holding up really well. The material is a far better quality than what you get a chain brands like Tommy, Banana Republic, etc.. The attention to detail is fantastic. The seams are better sewn. There are small details like a 45 degree edge at the cuff, the bottom button hole is horizontal not vertical, side seams are curved not straight, and have reinforcements at the bottom to prevent splitting.

The fabric is a high quality cotton. None of the wrinkle free stuff here. They iron really well though. Once you iron them a couple times they behave well.

I spent a couple hours in the store with Ricky the owner. Choosing fabrics and shirts and talking about his business with him. He's pretty passionate about the product. His family owns the sewing factory in India so they control the quality from start to finish.

If I didn't already have a dozen of these shirts already I'd be all over this deal.

CM
Dec 11, 2006
212 posts
27 upvotes
looks like a hot deal to me, hopefully get to check this out today. thanks OP
Aug 25, 2010
635 posts
193 upvotes
magiman wrote: anyone know of any good and cheap companies to get custom shirts other than IM label?

Maxwell's Clothiers. They come to Toronto twice a year where you can check out all the fabric swatches and get your measurements taken. If you know your measurements or have previously ordered through them then your can order online as well. The stuff is custom made in Hong Kong, so keep in mind that it will probably be several weeks from ordering to delivery.

I don't have any particular need for dressy shirts, but my friend does and he says Maxwell's are some of his faves.