Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Simplii Financial

5% for existing customers, (YMMV), Dec. 1 - Apr. 30

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2023 4:52 pm
Jul 8, 2022
40 posts
126 upvotes

[Simplii Financial] 5% for existing customers, (YMMV), Dec. 1 - Apr. 30

Retailer:
Simplii Financial
More offers from Simplii Financial
Surprised to get this when I opened my app as I had the July-Oct 3% promo.
When I accepted the offer, I was taken to a screen to open a new account. Didn’t do that. Instead, chatted via the app and was given the promo rate. The email below are the T & C from the confirmation email:
E510A635-93B3-48DF-97BC-B5E5B626BBD6.jpeg
1339462F-193F-46D0-BD33-6EA5E00F0292.jpeg
241 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
7156 posts
7138 upvotes
I didn't receive this promo. Called in and asked if I could get it - first was told it was only for new customers, when I said this one was for existing customers, I was then told it's targetted. I said yes, that's why I'm calling to see if I can be added. Was told no.

Same thing happened with the Tangerine promo. FIs are a joke with all their promo shams. I have a my money with Motive - I was hoping they would have increased their rates by now but they haven't (still at 3%).
Last edited by hierophant on Dec 12th, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 8, 2005
503 posts
566 upvotes
Backwater West
Don't have it on mine, guess I'll sign up for Tangerine to get 5% for a few months.

Edit: I had an online chat and they gave me the %5 deal, took just a couple minutes total, super easy. No need to switch or create another account elsewhere.
Last edited by Gochris on Dec 14th, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10545 posts
4142 upvotes
Toronto
Did not get offer either. Haven't gotten anything from Simplii since spring.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10545 posts
4142 upvotes
Toronto
whatyoulookinatbud wrote: Talked to chat and they offered it to me! thanks OP!
Did they give you email confirmation? I'm always skeptical on simplii promos because there is no way to see whether a promo is active and they don't pay out till the end of the promo. Impossible to even know month on month if there are issues.
May 18, 2017
597 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
JCCRFD wrote: Did they give you email confirmation? I'm always skeptical on simplii promos because there is no way to see whether a promo is active and they don't pay out till the end of the promo. Impossible to even know month on month if there are issues.
Yes
Images
  • IMG_0730.PNG
  • IMG_0729.PNG
Feb 1, 2021
58 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Tried their support and they said the offer was unavailable to me.
Mar 23, 2019
19 posts
14 upvotes
JCCRFD wrote: Did they give you email confirmation? I'm always skeptical on simplii promos because there is no way to see whether a promo is active and they don't pay out till the end of the promo. Impossible to even know month on month if there are issues.
exact reason I never sign up with Simpii
Jun 7, 2022
218 posts
435 upvotes
Enough games with Simplii. I'd rather take a slightly lower rate with another bank and see it come in monthly than take the risk that the promotion was never activated for several months.
Apr 14, 2011
52 posts
81 upvotes
Ontario
Their support just told me that it would have applied to me if I didn't already have a savings account.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1475 posts
181 upvotes
Mississauga
Simplii promotions only give you bonus interest at the end of period, not every month. I have very bad experience with them after they parted from PC. They just froze my account without any warning, and had to involve ombudsman to access my money.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8556 posts
11771 upvotes
GTA
hierophant wrote: I didn't receive this promo. Called in and asked if I could get it - first was told it was only for new customers, when I said this one was for existing customers, I was then told it's targetted. I said yes, that's why I'm calling to see if I can be added. Was told no.

Same thing happened with the Tangerine promo. FIs are a joke with all their promo shams. I have a my money with Motive - I was hoping they would have increased their rates by now but they haven't (still at 3%).
I get prime - 1.55% at IG. It was 4.4% now it's 4.9%. No need to chase these short term rates at different FIs.
Jun 28, 2022
193 posts
610 upvotes
Opened the website on my desktop and was greeted by this offer on screen.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1338 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
tew wrote: I get prime - 1.55% at IG. It was 4.4% now it's 4.9%. No need to chase these short term rates at different FIs.
What is IG?
no sig
Dec 6, 2017
52 posts
8 upvotes
tew wrote: I get prime - 1.55% at IG. It was 4.4% now it's 4.9%. No need to chase these short term rates at different FIs.
Is there fee for this from IG?
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2011
1021 posts
986 upvotes
Toronto
IG is CDIC insured? didn't find details. i can park a good money if its at 5%
Jul 15, 2014
815 posts
833 upvotes
Thanks OP. I gave them a call and they offered it to me and emailed me the confirmation.
Tangerine, EQ Bank, Simplii Financial and Public Mobile member.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)