Expired Group Deals

$5 gets you 81% OFF the FULL MONTY AUTO DETAILING VIP PLATINUM PACKAGE! ($280 VALUE)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2011 8:11 am
[OP]
Jun 29, 2011
1 posts
TORONTO

$5 gets you 81% OFF the FULL MONTY AUTO DETAILING VIP PLATINUM PACKAGE! ($280 VALUE)

http://everybodybuys.com/toronto-daily-deals

The Platinum Package also known as the (Show Room) includes: Engine shampoo (Cleans grease and grime from the engine compartment), Super Hand Wash, clean door jams, wheel wells, rims, tires clean and dressed, high speed compound buff and polish. Remove most surface scratches to restore original beauty of your car, interior shampoo, deep clean vinyl, leather, carpet, vents and roof, salt stain removal, clean trunk compartments – including spare tire.

PAY ONLY $5.00 to get you 80% OFF when your ready to redeem with their "Buy Here, Save There". Total Value of $280 and pay on the day of service only $52.00.
11 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18176 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond
:arrow:

Moved from "Hot Deals" to "Group Deals."
Dec 2, 2007
618 posts
6 upvotes
You pay 5 + 52 = $57 in total... ;) Still not bad if you are looking for a full detail
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16223 posts
2885 upvotes
"high speed compound buff and polish"

I don't even want to think what kind of job they'll do for $52.
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2004
1175 posts
67 upvotes
thanks for posting ..just purchased one..
Sep 5, 2007
742 posts
35 upvotes
advertising scam.

Technically the voucher should cost $57.00 not $5.00
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2004
1175 posts
67 upvotes
jimmyjamez wrote: advertising scam.

Technically the voucher should cost $57.00 not $5.00

It's okay because they stated that on the website, and in case if I won't be able to make an appointment for the service I would only lose $5 the max (if they don't refund me).
Aug 9, 2003
272 posts
41 upvotes
York
that's the big question, WHEN can you get an appointment? i called their phone number as listed on their website. no one answered, voicemail said to leave a message and someone will get back to you…

has anyone used them for detailing prior to this "deal"?

btw this groupbuy advertising is smart. because you pay the "ad" fee to get the discount. which i'm sure they also ponied up some cash for this. maybe another $5 x max qty 300 = $1500 + $1500 (from customers) = $3k for the ad site.

plus i bet there's a legal disclaimer somewhere that says, you'll have to deal direct with the company instead of the groupbuy site. =) slick. real slick. groupbuys have evolved. zero responsibility on the ad firm, yes?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
2064 posts
88 upvotes
angui wrote: that's the big question, WHEN can you get an appointment? i called their phone number as listed on their website. no one answered, voicemail said to leave a message and someone will get back to you…

btw this groupbuy advertising is smart. because you pay the "ad" fee to get the discount. which i'm sure they also ponied up some cash for this. maybe another $5 x max qty 300 = $1500 + $1500 (from customers) = $3k for the ad site.

plus i bet there's a legal disclaimer somewhere that says, you'll have to deal direct with the company instead of the groupbuy site. =) slick. real slick. groupbuys have evolved. zero responsibility on the ad firm, yes?
EverybodyBuys.com has been doing this for quite a while - some of their best deals were $5 for 50% off coupons for food/drinks at places :)
Aug 9, 2003
272 posts
41 upvotes
York
dhamilton wrote: EverybodyBuys.com has been doing this for quite a while - some of their best deals were $5 for 50% off coupons for food/drinks at places :)

food & drinks is way different from getting your car detailed. esp when this is supposedly to be the top end detail job for a fraction of the price.
Jul 6, 2011
4 posts
MISSISSAUGA
angui wrote: that's the big question, WHEN can you get an appointment? i called their phone number as listed on their website. no one answered, voicemail said to leave a message and someone will get back to you…

I don't think that's so correct.

If they are selling it for $5, i would assume that are keeping the $5, or a percentage of that. Then you have transactions fees (credit cards, etc) that also come into play. Sure it lowers your financial risk, but it also lowers your total revenue.

Would you rather sell 300 offers at $5, or 300 offers at $50?

Hope that was a good first post.
Aug 9, 2003
272 posts
41 upvotes
York
Oakvillian wrote: I don't think that's so correct.

If they are selling it for $5, i would assume that are keeping the $5, or a percentage of that. Then you have transactions fees (credit cards, etc) that also come into play. Sure it lowers your financial risk, but it also lowers your total revenue.

Would you rather sell 300 offers at $5, or 300 offers at $50?

Hope that was a good first post.

cost of the detail is $52+++ paying the $5 gives you the OPPORTUNITY to pay the discounted rate for the detailing service. have you read the fine print on their website?

and i was specifically calculating it as a cost to use this group buy advertising service.
$1500 from people who buy in and $1500 from merchant advertising = $3k total in fee generation.

as to what their overhead costs are, wasn't the point of my post.