558 posts
243 upvotes
YEG

5 x Candelabra Light Bulb Lamp Socket Enlarger Adapter

Hello RFDerS

Looking to buy this from amazon

41GBVgmG74L._AC_.jpg
Trying to install this on the floor lamp which has Candelabra Light Bulb and keep the regular size LED light bulb.

Need your recommendations before placing the order. Will this override the ratings as I dont want to have a short circuit after installing this.

3 replies
Sep 8, 2003
328 posts
464 upvotes
I use these with LED bulbs and never had a problem. LEDs use less watts so I don't think you need to worry about overheating (which is what I think you mean). Mine have a rating on the side for 75w
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2013
558 posts
243 upvotes
YEG
kingofwit wrote: I use these with LED bulbs and never had a problem. LEDs use less watts so I don't think you need to worry about overheating (which is what I think you mean). Mine have a rating on the side for 75w
Thanks for the info. I checked walmart, rona, lowes and home depot for this socket.. its not available anywhere. Any info where is this available in local stores before ordering this from amazon.
Sep 8, 2003
328 posts
464 upvotes
I bought mine from amazon (no longer available). I paid $17 for 15pcs. I was going to order from Aliexpress but the price difference wasn't worth the wait. If I knew where the extra's were in the house I'd sell you mine. Amazon suggests this one when clicking on my order https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075FS5R43/ref ... ax_0?psc=1
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)