Expired Hot Deals

Rogers

$50 for 20GB is Back! (Eligible employees only)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2021 7:07 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 22, 2007
580 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto

[Rogers] $50 for 20GB is Back! (Eligible employees only)

I missed this a few weeks ago and was about to give up and place my order for $56, but the pricing just came up as $50. Got my order in, hope it isn't a pricing error.

Looks like the same deal as few weeks back: rogers-50-20gb-5g-ready-data-government ... y-2412742/

FWIW, this deal is NOT Government only. There's been success with a long list of eligible companies in the thread above.
Won't compile a list, but basically banks, government, teachers, etc.. I think safest bet if you aren't sure is to ask Rogers/fvwireless/or whoever your company rep may be.

Copied from previous thread:

What's included:
Calling option:
Unlimited Canada wide
Messaging:
Unlimited text, picture and video1
Features
No overage
Shareable data
Call display with name display4
Enhanced voicemail
Call Waiting
Group Calling
2500 Call forwarding minutes

Also included:
Access Roam Like Home
My Rogers App
Online billing
Pre-authorized payment
Last edited by Sanforized on Nov 19th, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title
417 replies
Jr. Member
Dec 28, 2016
157 posts
72 upvotes
Is there any chance that this could be open to existing customers this time?
Member
Oct 18, 2011
326 posts
441 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Chim3ra wrote: I missed this a few weeks ago and was about to give up and place my order for $56, but the pricing just came up as $50. Got my order in, hope it isn't a pricing error.

Looks like the same deal as few weeks back: rogers-50-20gb-5g-ready-data-government ... y-2412742/

FWIW, this deal is NOT Government only. There's been success with a long list of eligible companies in the thread above.
Won't compile a list, but basically banks, government, teachers, etc.. I think safest bet if you aren't sure is to ask Rogers/fvwireless/or whoever your company rep may be.

Copied from previous thread:

What's included:
Calling option:
Unlimited Canada wide
Messaging:
Unlimited text, picture and video1
Features
No overage
Shareable data
Call display with name display4
Enhanced voicemail
Call Waiting
Group Calling
2500 Call forwarding minutes

Also included:
Access Roam Like Home
My Rogers App
Online billing
Pre-authorized payment
Thaanks for the heads up. Can you tell me how you got the $50 price? Which specific plan did you choose? I see that the "Bring Your Own Device" plans are cheaper? Would you suggest I just go in and speak to a Rogers rep? My wife and I work in education but not sure if we'd be eligible. TIA!
Member
User avatar
Apr 17, 2012
334 posts
401 upvotes
CALGARY
CPA and work is still $56. Guess I have to wait.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 22, 2007
580 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
kevinshalfpenny wrote: Thaanks for the heads up. Can you tell me how you got the $50 price? Which specific plan did you choose? I see that the "Bring Your Own Device" plans are cheaper? Would you suggest I just go in and speak to a Rogers rep? My wife and I work in education but not sure if we'd be eligible. TIA!
Sorry should have been more clear. I actually snapped a screenshot but forgot to upload it.

Anyways the price shows if you to primary line BYOD 20gb plan.

I tested the other options but it looks similar to the last promo and limited to primary line at this time.

For the existing customers question I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 7, 2007
3854 posts
2254 upvotes
GTA
EuroTrance88 wrote: CPA and work is still $56. Guess I have to wait.
Still showing $56 for me as well. But if this is new customers only, looks like I’m porting to Telus if they have this deal.
Member
Nov 14, 2007
337 posts
106 upvotes
Mareenandy12 wrote: Is there any chance that this could be open to existing customers this time?
not at the moment
Newbie
Aug 1, 2020
21 posts
11 upvotes
rogersdirect is still showing $56 for BYOD and $63.75 with device financing for Infinite+20. I just did a hardware upgrade last week, but if the price is lower this week I may have to return my phone and upgrade again...
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1530 posts
1774 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I wish there were low cost, lower data plans out there. I only need like 5GB. If I could get that for like $25 with a $15 financing for a LG Velvet or something with $300 in gift cards, that would be awesome.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1439 posts
1448 upvotes
GTA
Is the plan $50 - $12.50 = $37.50?

What’s MSF?
Images
  • 8FE382AF-A5C4-49EE-8EAE-E3B00861B302.png
Sr. Member
Jan 13, 2007
986 posts
118 upvotes
Slono wrote: Well damn, it’s $37.50 then.
No, no it's not.

It's a HW credit if you upgrade your phone. Still good, though.
Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2013
364 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
I gave up at where they charge 20 dollars for shipping that SIM card, thanks for sharing tho OP.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2210 posts
1087 upvotes
Antarctica
Slono wrote: Well damn, it’s $37.50 then.
The wording is confusing.

For the $50: It's $75 - $12.5 (MSF credit mentioned) = $62.5 - 20% = $50

Similarly for the $56: $75 -$5 (MSF credit) = $70 - 20% = $56
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1439 posts
1448 upvotes
GTA
Crichtonfan wrote: The wording is confusing.

For the $50: It's $75 - $12.5 (MSF credit mentioned) = $62.5 - 20% = $50

Similarly for the $56: $75 -$5 (MSF credit) = $70 - 20% = $56
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
Newbie
Oct 7, 2020
25 posts
12 upvotes
ADRiiAN` wrote: Still showing $56 for me as well. But if this is new customers only, looks like I’m porting to Telus if they have this deal.
No deal from Telus... I am still waiting..
Jr. Member
Dec 23, 2014
155 posts
142 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
OP you may want to change the title. It’s practically available for anyone.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1439 posts
1448 upvotes
GTA
BigBear604 wrote: OP you may want to change the title. It’s practically available for anyone.
Not true.

I think the title is very accurate.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)