Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1258 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton
was told its only for people in rogers territory.. couldnt get it.
Nov 26, 2003
858 posts
58 upvotes
gta
I had just renewed my contracts(internet & phone..) in early sept and was never offered 50% so I called yesterday to say that i was fed up with the ever changing bill, not being informed of promotions etc.. (I had bumped up to fiber 6 as it was the same price as the speed I had before and "believed that i was getting a decent deal). They also wanted me to pay for a modem $49 one time charge back in sept ! I freaked.. I said i have been a customer since the dialup days and I had paid for modem rentals and one time charges enough to own the modem company outright..They waived the $49 modem fee.. Now this time around i say Ok I want fiber 25 because it is less than i pay now and has no contract.. Bell guy puts me on hold for a few minutes than comes back and says Ok you can have the fiber 25 at 50% but you have to pay $99 install/ modem fee.. I freak again and tell him I been with bell bla bla bla,, Puts me on hold again... comes back and says they will waive $99 fee. Then I begin to complain that I should have been offered this package a month ago and deserve a discount for the inconvienience.. Oh hold we go again.... comes back and say they will credit me 50% for Oct bill when the new plan kicked in.. So Thanks Op.. I went from fibe 6 to fibe 25 and am saving a few bucks.. Sweet.. The deal.......

Fiber 25 at 50% - 5$ bundle discount
Don't need 5$ ad on i don't go near hitting my cap..
Extra month at 50% - bundle :)
No modem/instal fee
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18053 posts
1826 upvotes
Space for rent
Drewis wrote: was told its only for people in rogers territory.. couldnt get it.

That's bullcrap.

I guess there are advantages of living in the smog polluted, murderous downtown core of this insipid city if that's any consolation.

I'm speaking to their agent now and I "qualify" for what is essentially a "fair" rate.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18053 posts
1826 upvotes
Space for rent
TechGuyMTL wrote: Just tried and was told this promo is not available in Quebec (Ontario only).

But I did get a slightly better plan than I'm on now:

Fibe 16
90GB + 120GB insurance (210GB cap)
@52.95/month, no contract, good for 8 months

(Previously, I was on Fibe 10, 195GB cap @ $62.95/month)

That's the best I could get from retentions today. By the way, I was transferred from the billing dept. to the loyalty dept. to get this new deal. I didn't call the cancellation number directly.

Same here in Ontario. It's somewhat comical that they have created a "loyalty" department which if I'm not mistaken used to be the "retention" department with a more appealing name.

I saw someone had a deal for their phone. I"m interested in the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the best they could offer me was $55 for 200minutes, unlimited text and 1GB of data. Is this the best they can do?
May 3, 2010
230 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Well, that was a pleasant surprise. Looks like the new Fibe25 service comes with 125GB of cap + the additional 40GB free promotion gives a total of 165GB.

not too bad for 33ish and change + tax
May 2, 2006
506 posts
60 upvotes
Boucherville
peety6 wrote: Well, that was a pleasant surprise. Looks like the new Fibe25 service comes with 125GB of cap + the additional 40GB free promotion gives a total of 165GB.

not too bad for 33ish and change + tax

That's awesome. We must blame Videotron here in Quebec for the lack of competition, that's why Bell has no need to provide such a great offer here.
I still managed to get Fibe16 for 37$ + taxes and TV for ~10$ + taxes after bundle rebate and with free extra HD PVR. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2007
4387 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
So all I have to do is call in threatening to cancel and they'll probably offer me 50% off? That's sweet! Anything else I have to do? Thanks OP.
#KeepFightingMichael
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18053 posts
1826 upvotes
Space for rent
VorteC wrote: So all I have to do is call in threatening to cancel and they'll probably offer me 50% off? That's sweet! Anything else I have to do? Thanks OP.

You don't need to threaten them, it's a promotion they're running.

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpInt_F ... _100411_jc

I guess like that other guy said, if you're outside of some Rogers zone where cable isn't available, they may shark you.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14533 posts
5476 upvotes
Gatineau
Supercooled wrote: You don't need to threaten them, it's a promotion they're running.

I guess like that other guy said, if you're outside of some Rogers zone where cable isn't available, they may shark you.

Thanks for the link. I guess its true, not available to us in Quebec as the offer doesn't load if you choose Quebec region from the bell.ca site. Shows successfully when selecting Ontario on bell.ca.

djino
"First time I've seen Ontario get a better deal than Quebec concerning Bell Services."
Offer ends October 31, 2011. Available to residential customers in select areas of Rogers' footprint in Ontario where technology permits. Modem rental required; one-time modem rental fee waived for new customers. Usage 125 GB/month; $1.00/additional GB. Subject to change without notice and not combinable with any other offers. Taxes extra. Other conditions apply.

(1) Current as of Sept 29, 2011. Based on customer's subscription to Rogers' Express Internet package at the regular rate of $46.99/mo., prior to August 4, 2011.

(2) Available to new customers who subscribe to Fibe 25 Internet and at least one other select service in the Bundle; see bell.ca/bellbundle. Promotional $33.48 monthly price: $76.95 monthly price, less the $5 Bundle discount, less the monthly credit of $38.47 applicable for months 1-12. Total monthly price after 12 months is $71.95 in the Bundle.

Fibe is a trade-mark of Bell Canada.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18053 posts
1826 upvotes
Space for rent
djino wrote: Thanks for the link. I guess its true, not available to us in Quebec as the offer doesn't load if you choose Quebec region from the bell.ca site. Shows successfully when selecting Ontario on bell.ca.

djino
"First time I've seen Ontario get a better deal than Quebec concerning Bell Services."

Your name reminds me of this guy for some reason:

00:41
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15539 posts
2364 upvotes
Toronto
I called in as a new customer and was offered $28.48/month for 12 months, no contract, for Fibe 12 if I also sign up for home phone.

Since Fibe 25 is only $5 more @ $33.48/month, I'm calling back to get the Fibe 25 asap.
Jul 3, 2008
73 posts
15 upvotes
thx ev1 for posting

called bell + got 1/2 off internet + waived modem fee from loyalty dept

regular bell CSR refused any discount + was very rude/condescending + said should have got a discount when signed up !?! - which was over a year ago + bell's internet rates went up in March this year - so I asked to be transferred to the loyalty dept - loyalty rep was civil but would not give any phone/tv discount nor upgrade to new modem nor give xtra GB - still much better price than before
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
djino wrote: Thanks for the link. I guess its true, not available to us in Quebec as the offer doesn't load if you choose Quebec region from the bell.ca site. Shows successfully when selecting Ontario on bell.ca.

djino
Supercooled wrote: You don't need to threaten them, it's a promotion they're running.

perhaps we can get them to PM ONTARIO prices..?
Looking for Amazon.COM GC's, any value, please message /email me. Thank You!
Steve Jobs in Making Pad, A Breaking Bad Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... eVHuz1rq6k
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14533 posts
5476 upvotes
Gatineau
a in yul wrote: perhaps we can get them to PM ONTARIO prices..?

As you can see, people here have tried with no success.
Jul 13, 2006
813 posts
41 upvotes
I am with Rogers and want to switch to bell. Any better offers than buying Bell
Grab and Go Internet kit from Dell for $29.99 (Dell used to sell them on promotion for $9.99 in May)