Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Aug 29, 2010
141 posts
3 upvotes
Called the loyalty department and asked about the free 40gb insurance plan and the guy did it no problem. Really helpful agent that one.
Aug 28, 2004
208 posts
Called today. I am a bell dry loop user.
They offered me $32+tax @7m for the next 8 months.

Not as good as the 50% off your guys got.

I will take it happily anyway. Because as a Quebec consumer, we are used to be screwed. (take mobile as another example). Anything less bad is good here.
:) :mad: :0 :| :( :evil: :lol: :!:
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
canwin wrote: Called today. I am a bell dry loop user.
They offered me $32+tax @7m for the next 8 months.

Not as good as the 50% off your guys got.

I will take it happily anyway. Because as a Quebec consumer, we are used to be screwed. (take mobile as another example). Anything less bad is good here.
You may enjoy knowing my (ONT) installer was quite jealous... he said since Bell HQ is in Montreal that's why the Fibe build out is so much further along there.... I have no idea if that is true. I am 30 minutes north of Toronto and Fibe internet just became available.. the installer said this was his first on my street.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1971 posts
1029 upvotes
Called on Friday to cancel my 4 month Dell package, was offered 12 months of Fibe 25 at 50% off and she gave me an extra 40 GB without me having to ask.

So 25 megabit + 165 GB cap for under $40 before taxes. I was going to switch to TekSavvy but I can't justify it with this deal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5866 posts
518 upvotes
Kanata
So is this an offer for everyone as long as you want to cancel, does it includes 50% off for lower speed internet package? I am currently using their slowest options.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
funkytoad wrote: Is it the loyalty department I should talk to to see if I can manage to get the 40GB insurance waived? I'm going to say that my friend who signed up on the same plan got his waived and I wonder if I can get mine too.
I just called and had it added free on my Fibe 16 12 month deal. I stressed the possibility of going to TV as well when they offer it here. Pretty easy. I mentioned "friends and internet reading of others who got it"....
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2008
1104 posts
89 upvotes
How can this be combined with my Dell grab and go free Bell Internet for the next 4 months? I have not activated my kit yet... waiting to figure out how to use this offer as well...
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2556 posts
337 upvotes
North York
sexyblackbmw wrote: How can this be combined with my Dell grab and go free Bell Internet for the next 4 months? I have not activated my kit yet... waiting to figure out how to use this offer as well...

ditto for me. Same situation. Can someone pl advise how to proceed. Installer coming this Friday (Oct 28) AM
Jul 6, 2008
411 posts
60 upvotes
Montreal
First I called Videotron (have TV with them) and told them I want to move everything with them if they come up with a good offer and asked them what's the best they could offer. Got something better than I had, but still wasn't satisfied. Called Bell (have home phone and internet with them), and told them the same thing. After 2-3 calls, I had the exact same thing, about $117 for all 3 services (Fibe 15 with 75 GB, home phone with 2 or 3 options... and tv 20 channels a la carte & 1 free hd pvr & 1 extra hd receiver)... Few days later, I explicitly asked Videotron and Bell to cancel the services I had with them, but Bell came up with an even better deal. I got all 3 services for 90 bucks and free installation and no need to pay the new modem... but the internet is Fibe 7 (don't really mind the speed, I just need bandwidth), so I got 100GB of bandwith. But I can have the Fibe 10 for 5 extra dollars. The price is good for a year, no contract.. and after a year it should increase by $15 (which is still a very good price).

Thanks, and good luck everyone.

PS : I hate how companies always bring up the "luxury" thing. In the end, the videotron rep started to compare videotron with a ferrari and other companies are just little civics... f*** off, i just want my f****ing bill to decrease, I don't mind if it's a civic. The exact same thing happened with Rogers last week... I didn't ask them to cancel, but was still transfered to the retention department because I told them I want a better deal or I'm switching (contract is finished)...
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2556 posts
337 upvotes
North York
whabs wrote: After 2-3 calls, I had the exact same thing, about $117 for all 3 services (Fibe 15 with 75 GB, home phone with 2 or 3 options... and tv 20 channels a la carte & 1 free hd pvr & 1 extra hd receiver)... Few days later, I explicitly asked Videotron and Bell to cancel the services I had with them, but Bell came up with an even better deal. I got all 3 services for 90 bucks and free installation and no need to pay the new modem... but the internet is Fibe 7 (don't really mind the speed, I just need bandwidth), so I got 100GB of bandwith. But I can have the Fibe 10 for 5 extra dollars. The price is good for a year, no contract.. and after a year it should increase by $15 (which is still a very good price).

The PVR is normally for 3 yrs - have you checked what happens if you cancel after the first year on the "no contract" deal? After the first year normally things would go to full price, unless ofcourse you work on the eretention angle again, lol. Thats what deterred me, as I know for sure I would not be at my current location for more than a year and I am not sure if I could port the package to my new location.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1932 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
So is this deal available only to existing customers ? I am currently with Teksavvy and have no complaints with their service but I am moving next month and I can't seem to justify to pay redicilous $65+tax 'move fee' > :( I am willing to cancel them and give a shot to Bell. Please advise.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
1055 posts
92 upvotes
Mr_A wrote: So is this deal available only to existing customers ? I am currently with Teksavvy and have no complaints with their service but I am moving next month and I can't seem to justify to pay redicilous $65+tax 'move fee' > :( I am willing to cancel them and give a shot to Bell. Please advise.

It sounds like this may be only a retention deal so you probably need to be an existing customer. Can you not cancel Teksavvy and sign up again as a new customer at your new place? Maybe using someone's name who lives in the same house?

Else you can look into grabbing the Grab and Go Kit from Dell, it's $29.99 regularly and often goes on sale for as low as $7.99. It was just selling for $9.99 last week if I remember correctly. That covers you for Bell internet (up to Fibe 25 if your area supports it) for 4 months, and if this 50% off deal is still available you may be able to get on it for one year at that time. If anything you would have cancelled Teksavvy for 4 months and could possibly be considered a new customer if you want to sign up with them after your Bell kit is finished.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
sheriffabc wrote: The PVR is normally for 3 yrs - have you checked what happens if you cancel after the first year on the "no contract" deal? After the first year normally things would go to full price, unless ofcourse you work on the eretention angle again, lol. Thats what deterred me, as I know for sure I would not be at my current location for more than a year and I am not sure if I could port the package to my new location.
You only pay if you want to keep the PVR and cancel, then they want 13-17 per month, I forget exact amount. Take back the PVR and you stop paying.
Jan 5, 2009
569 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gonna try using this to see if robbers will compete and cough up a better deal. I still don't trust Bell

Oh how I love big telco, you get to choose between either Satan or Lucifer