827 upvotes
Toronto
I was a new customer and got it no problem - its not a retentions only deal
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
1932 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
Agent wrote: It sounds like this may be only a retention deal so you probably need to be an existing customer. Can you not cancel Teksavvy and sign up again as a new customer at your new place? Maybe using someone's name who lives in the same house?

Else you can look into grabbing the Grab and Go Kit from Dell, it's $29.99 regularly and often goes on sale for as low as $7.99. It was just selling for $9.99 last week if I remember correctly. That covers you for Bell internet (up to Fibe 25 if your area supports it) for 4 months, and if this 50% off deal is still available you may be able to get on it for one year at that time. If anything you would have cancelled Teksavvy for 4 months and could possibly be considered a new customer if you want to sign up with them after your Bell kit is finished.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunaltey they didnt offer Fiber in my area (Kennedy/Eglinton) which I find really odd. They only offered 2mb connection which is really not worth it. I guess I have to stay with Teksavvy for now.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2368 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
Received 50% off for the internet around Oct 3 by CR but when I received the bill today, luckily I looked at the bill cause there was NO 50% off....not a happy camper since I gotta call Bell tomorrow to complain for the agreed discount. :mad:
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1638 posts
395 upvotes
Toronto
Visionqueen,

The same happened to me. When I called, they said it could take up to 2 billing cycles to take affect, but the agent confirmed the detail were in my account. They also said it was retroactive.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8966 posts
1872 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Anyone in Quebec called to cancel their Dell 4 months prepaid and was offered 8 months at $15 off + free 40GB insurance plan

The insurance plan is not showing up on my bill and the CSR I spoke to said it doesn't apply in my case and there's no notes, I will call the cancellation dept later today > :( goddamn Bhell
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1971 posts
1028 upvotes
sexyblackbmw wrote: How can this be combined with my Dell grab and go free Bell Internet for the next 4 months? I have not activated my kit yet... waiting to figure out how to use this offer as well...

If you took this deal, they would give you the 12 months (starting now) at 50% off and you would have to call to get each of the next 4 bills re-credited as part of your grab-n-go package (so you would get 4 months free, 8 months @ 50% off). The alternative is you wait and see if they extend the offer, but you would be taking a risk as this current offer ends on October 31st.
Banned
Aug 30, 2004
958 posts
35 upvotes
Price is $19 a month plus tax.

OF course Bell messed up my bill.

They added $150 to my bill because of contract termination (my contract expired) and a $49.95 modem fee.

I had a fight with Bell awhile ago since I bought a modem from them to use but they insisted I have to pay the monthly modem fee.

I got the bill fixed and got a free month of service.

Bell billing is in the dark ages.

But they have lots of credits to give.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8966 posts
1872 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SkiLLz wrote: If you took this deal, they would give you the 12 months (starting now) at 50% off and you would have to call to get each of the next 4 bills re-credited as part of your grab-n-go package (so you would get 4 months free, 8 months @ 50% off). The alternative is you wait and see if they extend the offer, but you would be taking a risk as this current offer ends on October 31st.

NO, DO NOT DO THIS! 310-BELL/SURF have no business with this 4 months promo, you can get it ONLY if you call the # on the envelope.
You might be able to activate the Grab-n-go kit then get the 12 months promo added after the 4 months period/credited but not the other way around!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2368 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
wysiwyg wrote: Visionqueen,

The same happened to me. When I called, they said it could take up to 2 billing cycles to take affect, but the agent confirmed the detail were in my account. They also said it was retroactive.

Wy, when I called the billing dept. today , they had no clue of the discount and said that I was not entitled to the 50% discount! So I called the loyalty dept. and they said it's in the notes but the request got lost along the way. So the 50% request is on the way to the supervisor for further action.
Basically, the left feet and right feet have no clue what's going on. Discounts do not take 2 months to take effect. Beware Wy, call loyalty not billing to confirm your discount.
Just wasted 1 hour of my time again.... :mad:
Oct 2, 2003
27 posts
Grey-Bruce
No clue why anyone would deal with these jokers unless they absolutely had to. I haven't read through the thread (just the last page) but I would suggest checking out DSL reports before considering using them. One of their plans has a 2Gig cap. Really? Is it 2011 or not? I use 2gig/month on my smartphone!

Lots of other alternatives to Bell (and Rogers) out there. I personally use Eastlink, and am very happy with them.

/threadcrap
--
Guiness
Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1971 posts
1028 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: NO, DO NOT DO THIS! 310-BELL/SURF have no business with this 4 months promo, you can get it ONLY if you call the # on the envelope.
You might be able to activate the Grab-n-go kit then get the 12 months promo added after the 4 months period/credited but not the other way around!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I wasn't clear. What I was saying to do is:
1) activate the grab-n-go kit (which he said he has already done and is waiting for the technician to come)
2) call for this promo and get the 12 months added

I was suggesting to do #2 before the end of the month rather than waiting until his 4 months were about to expire since we don't know if this offer will still be available after October 31st. The downside is that if he does this, he'll only get 50% off for 8 months instead of 12 (since his next 4 months are already free no matter what).
Aug 29, 2010
918 posts
132 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: Maybe I wasn't clear. What I was saying to do is:
1) activate the grab-n-go kit (which he said he has already done and is waiting for the technician to come)
2) call for this promo and get the 12 months added

I was suggesting to do #2 before the end of the month rather than waiting until his 4 months were about to expire since we don't know if this offer will still be available after October 31st. The downside is that if he does this, he'll only get 50% off for 8 months instead of 12 (since his next 4 months are already free no matter what).

AFAIK, this is not the case. I'm currently on Grab and go and when I called, the CSR said I'll lose my "Free" once the promotion applied to it. So typically he'll get 12 month half price, 0 or 1 month free depends on billing cycle he's put. They only apply this for "next" billing cycle.

I'm waiting to call them after my billing cycle so I can get extra month free then half price.
Jul 4, 2011
656 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know when this is going to end? I am about to start a 4month from Dell for Bell this weekend but would like to do this after as this is same price as going from Extreme+ to Ultimate on Rogers and I would rather have both as I need more monthly usage.
Jan 1, 2011
188 posts
29 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I called in to cancel my Bell Internet (FIBE 25) as my 4 months will come to an end in 3 weeks (I needed an extra 1 1/2 weeks to get to Dec1) and the CS only offered a $10 discount. I asked about any other "deals" and was told nothing was available. Although this 50% off deal would have been great the CS never offered it, oddly. Should I call back before the 31st to see if someone else at CS could offer this deal to me, (is that even possible since Ive officially canceled?) or wait and perhaps sign up again with the Dell offer in 2012.
Jul 4, 2011
656 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
ns1225 wrote: I called in to cancel my Bell Internet (FIBE 25) as my 4 months will come to an end in 3 weeks (I needed an extra 1 1/2 weeks to get to Dec1) and the CS only offered a $10 discount. I asked about any other "deals" and was told nothing was available. Although this 50% off deal would have been great the CS never offered it, oddly. Should I call back before the 31st to see if someone else at CS could offer this deal to me, (is that even possible since Ive officially canceled?) or wait and perhaps sign up again with the Dell offer in 2012.

On the bell.ca website it even lists Fibe 25 for 33.49, sadly not in my area until the end of the year.