Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Aug 15, 2011
9 posts
3 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Confirmed. Just tried to sign-up and have it start after the Grab n' Go ends....no go

Debating loosing 1-2 mos free vs. holding out and hoping for the same or something similar to be around in Dec.

suggestions?

Leaning towards signing on now
May 7, 2008
81 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough
I just called in spoke to the billing department, and told them about existing customers getting the FIBE 25 and the bandwidth. The CSR (a male named Jules) said he see's that others are getting it, but said he couldn't give it to me. When I persisted he scolded me for trying to get a good deal :lol: then apologized and said those deals are really for new customers, not for existing customers. I told him I wanted to cancel my account to sign up for it, and got through to retentions. I explained that I wanted to cancel to get the same deal new and existing customers were getting to the new CSR (Mitchell) and he set it up for me no hassle.

FIBE 25 50% off for 12 months, with no modem fee and 40 GB usage expanded to 165 GB for $37.82.

Also I have the FIBE tv/internet combo so for anyone who is in a similar situation you an get this deal.
Jul 4, 2011
651 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Streptalk wrote:
Oct 25th, 2011 4:13 pm
Confirmed. Just tried to sign-up and have it start after the Grab n' Go ends....no go

Debating loosing 1-2 mos free vs. holding out and hoping for the same or something similar to be around in Dec.

suggestions?

Same situation as you I am starting my 4 months on saturday and hoping the half off is still around in 3 months when I call to cancel it.
Aug 15, 2011
9 posts
3 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
So called back, after goin through about three people...managed to sign-up and have it start from Dec. onward. I get atleast 3 months out of my Grab n' Go.

Just to Summarize:
Fibe 12 + 40GB Insurance (Total Cap 90GB)
(No other fees; One time modem fee was already charged and then credited as part of the Grab N' Go)

~$28 + Tax

Assuming this works fine, guess I won't be switching to Teksavvy for a while
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3669 posts
417 upvotes
Scarborough
so fibe 25 is 25/7 speed comes with 120gb bandwidth for an year and costs $34. Compared to teksavvy which is 24/1, comes with 300gb bandwidth and costs $43 a month. The bell deal is also YMMV. 9$ a month extra for twice the bandwidth, and a chance to support a smaller company come to the top and increase the competition in canada...I will do my part.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2340 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
TM!! wrote:
Oct 25th, 2011 4:41 pm
I just called in spoke to the billing department, and told them about existing customers getting the FIBE 25 and the bandwidth. The CSR (a male named Jules) said he see's that others are getting it, but said he couldn't give it to me. When I persisted he scolded me for trying to get a good deal :lol: then apologized and said those deals are really for new customers, not for existing customers. I told him I wanted to cancel my account to sign up for it, and got through to retentions. I explained that I wanted to cancel to get the same deal new and existing customers were getting to the new CSR (Mitchell) and he set it up for me no hassle.

FIBE 25 50% off for 12 months, with no modem fee and 40 GB usage expanded to 165 GB for $37.82.

Also I have the FIBE tv/internet combo so for anyone who is in a similar situation you an get this deal.

Thanks for the info! When I did my adjustments for my Fibe tv and internet combo, Bell CR told me I was not able to get the Fibe 25, the best I can get is
only Fibe 16. Gotta to call them in the morning now...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1623 posts
522 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2011 1:59 am
so fibe 25 is 25/7 speed comes with 120gb bandwidth for an year and costs $34. Compared to teksavvy which is 24/1, comes with 300gb bandwidth and costs $43 a month. The bell deal is also YMMV. 9$ a month extra for twice the bandwidth, and a chance to support a smaller company come to the top and increase the competition in canada...I will do my part.

I think it's misleading to say it's twice the bandwidth since "bandwidth" normally refers to speed when talking about networking. TekSavvy offers a higher usage cap (300 GB cap vs. 165 GB cap) but it also offers slower bandwidth (download difference is marginal, upstream difference is very significant), costs more money up front (since you have to buy your own modem) and costs over 25% more on a monthly basis. If the difference was marginal or if I was planning on using the 300 GB, I would support TekSavvy. Unfortunately the difference is quite significant for those that don't need more than 165 GB so it just makes no financial sense.
Aug 29, 2010
918 posts
132 upvotes
Streptalk wrote:
Oct 26th, 2011 1:24 am
So called back, after goin through about three people...managed to sign-up and have it start from Dec. onward. I get atleast 3 months out of my Grab n' Go.

Just to Summarize:
(No other fees; One time modem fee was already charged and then credited as part of the Grab N' Go)

~$28 + Tax

Which department you talked to? The retention or the regular phone # on their site?
My Grab n Go started a month ago and I'd like to get this deal starts from Dec. as at lease I can get 2-3 months of free.
I called last week using number on their website but no luck(saying I'll lose my free months if I want apply the deal)
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2062 posts
843 upvotes
Ugh, I should have asked for more bandwidth. They actually asked me too, but I checked my usage and the most I ever used was 119GB, so I figured 125GB is enough. =/
Banned
Aug 21, 2006
629 posts
93 upvotes
GTA
Streptalk wrote:
Oct 25th, 2011 4:13 pm

suggestions?

[IMG]https://k.minus.com/jJCMXkVHNMH5s.png[/IMG]

edit: Just to elaborate, cable is improving substantially and it's highly probable that speeds are going to keep on improving while dsl costs go down in the next year.

So in other words, if you are in your first 1 and half months of service of the free 4 months internet, it doesn't make sense to jump promotions.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1296 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
Hellish wrote:
Oct 25th, 2011 4:11 pm
On the bell.ca website it even lists Fibe 25 for 33.49, sadly not in my area until the end of the year.

Same here...not yet available, but I still got the FIBE16 for 50% (incl. 80GB protection for free and waived modem lease).

I guess I'm not holding my breath to see all this nicely reflected in the next bill. Thanked OP for the heads-up.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Banned
Jul 16, 2003
10398 posts
1464 upvotes
Toronto
Doesnt get any easier (for now - lets see what happens with the first bill).

Just called to cancel my 4 months Dell deal and the guy right away asked if I wanted to see if there were any promotions, etc... comes back with 50% off, modem fee included, no contract and 125gb (I did not ask for extra - I normally use 10gb max per month!), all for $33.XX.

Spoke with Adam, by calling the 310BELL.

Thanks OP!

Edit to add : My grab and go kit is valid for another 35 days and the guy told me the new promotion starts AFTER the end of this trial period.
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
Mortgage Intelligence - FSCO# 10428
Aug 15, 2011
9 posts
3 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
bleuwave wrote:
Oct 26th, 2011 2:19 pm
[IMG]https://k.minus.com/jJCMXkVHNMH5s.png[/IMG]

edit: Just to elaborate, cable is improving substantially and it's highly probable that speeds are going to keep on improving while dsl costs go down in the next year.

So in other words, if you are in your first 1 and half months of service of the free 4 months internet, it doesn't make sense to jump promotions.

Interesting analysis, but would you mind elaborating a bit?

On the Right, so I see the 4 month period, and then you have a 3 month block, and then back on a 4 month promo? Am I reading that right?
Feb 24, 2010
942 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Streptalk wrote:
Oct 26th, 2011 1:24 am

Just to Summarize:

~$28 + Tax

Can you tell us which number you called? Regular CSR or the number for promo activation?
You did differently from what others did. Others reported that they'll be charged monthly starting from now, but then have it credited back as part of grab n' go.
Aug 15, 2011
9 posts
3 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
mcaj2 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2011 9:18 pm
Can you tell us which number you called? Regular CSR or the number for promo activation?
You did differently from what others did. Others reported that they'll be charged monthly starting from now, but then have it credited back as part of grab n' go.

I called the 'surf' no., and then asked for the 'loyalty' Dept.

I didn't realize you could have it charged and then have it credited back, that eats into the 12 mos..but also gets the benefit of the Grab n' Go.

My Grab n' Go would've run out Dec. end, but instead, I had them start this deal from Dec. 1st onward, so I do lose out a bit.

I Kept confirming the details with the guy multiple times, and wrote down the plan confirmation no. for my records.

But based on the billing horror stories I've read, might not be a bad idea for me to call back and confirm again