Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

May 7, 2008
86 posts
10 upvotes
No Yo
visionqueen wrote: Thanks for the info! When I did my adjustments for my Fibe tv and internet combo, Bell CR told me I was not able to get the Fibe 25, the best I can get is
only Fibe 16. Gotta to call them in the morning now...

Your welcome. I don't remember any CSR ever saying those with FIBE TV were capped to FIBE 16 speeds. Sounds odd to me, unless they meant capping the internet speed while you were watching HD channels, which I have heard previously from a CSR.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
TM!! wrote: Your welcome. I don't remember any CSR ever saying those with FIBE TV were capped to FIBE 16 speeds. Sounds odd to me, unless they meant capping the internet speed while you were watching HD channels, which I have heard previously from a CSR.
I got internet only and they told me in advance 16 is max without TV.

WITH TV I was told, 25 is the max if no TV being watched but I cannot confirm. I know 9 is 'reserved' for TV in some way.

They throttle it to 16 plus a bit to the demarc point, so that at the PC you get 16, or 16.01 as I just got on a speed check at bell: http://internet.bell.ca/index.cfm?metho ... t_id=15561

Sometimes it goes to 18 or 19 or higher

Distance from the fiber makes a difference too. Installer told me 950 meters is max and those at the top end of that range may get slower service. YMMV

I fished a fresh copper wore to the modem from the demarc point so it is separate from phone airs in the house and that helps speed as well. Installer will not fish but if u ask nicely you will get the wire.
Oct 14, 2007
58 posts
21 upvotes
I had a call from Bell yesterday asking me to sign up with them for $33 a month (50% off for the first year) for 25gb fiber line. She also mention that there is not contract.
Oct 26, 2011
3 posts
TORONTO
laptop-tech wrote: Doesnt get any easier (for now - lets see what happens with the first bill).

Just called to cancel my 4 months Dell deal and the guy right away asked if I wanted to see if there were any promotions, etc... comes back with 50% off, modem fee included, no contract and 125gb (I did not ask for extra - I normally use 10gb max per month!), all for $33.XX.

Spoke with Adam, by calling the 310BELL.

Thanks OP!

Edit to add : My grab and go kit is valid for another 35 days and the guy told me the new promotion starts AFTER the end of this trial period.

i also spoke with 'adam'..he offered me the same deal. I also have around 30 something days left with the grab and go kit, but he told me that the current promotion is active, but will take two billing cycles to appear on the bill at which point ill be credited
[OP]
Sep 23, 2011
183 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
3 days left before the deal is over !
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1028 posts
12 upvotes
I called and got the 50% off deal as well. I was already a fibe 25 customer. They also took some off my home phone and threw in 500 free long distance minutes.
Jan 13, 2011
16 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Called loyalty department 2 days ago and got my 50% deal (Basic Phone+Fibe25 Internet-125GB cap) for $56.xx (including tax) + free modem+$29.99-activation fee.
Was told that additional 40GB is $5-month.
Agent also told me that this price is til December 31st only, then they will incease the price by $3.xx.

FYI, I am new customer to Bell. Moving from Rogers :D

Thnx OP
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1112 posts
403 upvotes
London, ON
I have that dell kit as well and am prepaid up to Jan 8. The csr said the new rate with 50% off will take effect from that point but that rate will be for 10 months as the dell kit rate will run out then. Had to apply the 50% off from today. Only have lousy Fibe 6 in my condo as that's all i can get at this point. Fibe 6 with 25+40gig ins will cost me $25 plus tax. I am happy with that but will have to watch my useage and especially the bill as bell has screwed up my bill in the past. Still the cheapest dry loop option for me by far.
Sep 15, 2006
924 posts
329 upvotes
Ottawa
I called in yesterday to set up a new account but unfortunately I only have Fibe 12 available in my area, but they'd honour the 50%, I got cut off before I could try and discuss getting more cap at no charge to make up some of the 165gb that I can't get. Is the Fibe 12 still worth getting assuming they will give me the bonus 40gb or more? Has anyone been successful in getting the 40gb or even 80gb bonus at no charge if their area didn't have the Fibe 25?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
3979 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
I called in to give my 30 days since my grab and go kit was ending a month, offered the 50% and 40gb insurance, and took it. They would also credit me for my last month from the grab and go kit that I would be charged on since switching to the 50% off promo.
Aug 29, 2010
141 posts
3 upvotes
Bell guy just left my house. Got reported speeds. I'm happy.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9326 posts
582 upvotes
Mississauga
kasbuba59 wrote: Called loyalty department 2 days ago and got my 50% deal (Basic Phone+Fibe25 Internet-125GB cap) for $56.xx (including tax) + free modem+$29.99-activation fee.
Was told that additional 40GB is $5-month.
Agent also told me that this price is til December 31st only, then they will incease the price by $3.xx.

FYI, I am new customer to Bell. Moving from Rogers :D

Thnx OP

Yes beware of the change.
The rep told me there will be a $2 increase starting Jan 1st
33.xx to 35.xx

Im not complaining, i still have a 35% discount on top of that :razz:
RFD 39-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Dec 23, 2008
851 posts
77 upvotes
Guelph
moevsworld wrote: 3 days left before the deal is over !

What do you mean 3 days left?? I have the dell deal and it finishes in early January (the 4 month free trial).

Should I call in now? By the way I have dry loop and Fibe 16. Depending on the price, I could live with Fibe6 but rather have Fibe12. Also, does this deal only apply to specific packages???