Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2574 posts
1427 upvotes
Montreal
What should I do I got Fibe 25 installed today but I am not getting 25 MBPS at all I am getting around 17-18
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2152 posts
974 upvotes
Has anyone used this connection with their Xbox 360? My NAT has become Moderate. So I won't be able to connect to certain game or hear people sometimes. D:

EDIT: Found the solution in case anyone has the same problem.
[QUOTE]Method 1: Port triggering

When you set up port triggering on your router, you need to trigger the following ports:

* Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
* Port 88 (UDP)

Typically, you need to set the following for each port that needs triggering:

‘Application name:’ Xbox LIVE ‘trigger port’ to UDP 88 and ‘forwarded port’ to UDP 88

Refer to your router documentation for information on how to set up port triggering.[/QUOTE]
Apr 10, 2010
1 posts
Quebec
I called loyauty and got my Fibe 10 reduced from 52$ + tax(with 40go) to 38$ + tax for the same stuff for the next 8months. The person told me the promotion is going for the next 2months in Quebec. Btw I got no other service than bell fibe at home, so it could go way lower with others deductions
[OP]
Sep 23, 2011
183 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
whoa-albert wrote:
Oct 29th, 2011 3:41 pm
Has anyone used this connection with their Xbox 360? My NAT has become Moderate. So I won't be able to connect to certain game or hear people sometimes. D:

EDIT: Found the solution in case anyone has the same problem.

Also testing your connection on xbxo would make your nat open.
Banned
Oct 16, 2008
1010 posts
628 upvotes
fibre 12 flat 50% off 56.00 to $28.00 for 50 gb and then $5.00 plus for each 40 gb segment prepurchased.plus tax
would not budge.told him about redflagdeals and what others had negotiated.said, what's that?
thanked the agent and mentioned that there was no incentive to purchase bell's dsl.too expensive.

ps, it took a very long time to get through...20 minutes for me at 4:30 pm est

sales must be brisk
Banned
Aug 21, 2006
629 posts
93 upvotes
GTA
edturon@hotmail.com wrote:
Oct 30th, 2011 4:56 pm
my bell internet agent is from the phillipines...would not negotiate
edturon@hotmail.com wrote:
Oct 30th, 2011 4:56 pm
fibre 12 flat 50% off 56.00 to $28.00 for 50 gb and then $5.00 plus for each 40 gb segment prepurchased.plus tax
would not budge.told him about redflagdeals and what others had negotiated.said, what's that?
thanked the agent and mentioned that there was no incentive to purchase bell's dsl.too expensive.

ps, it took a very long time to get through...20 minutes for me at 4:30 pm est

sales must be brisk

You are an idiot on many levels.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2026 posts
373 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
been a bell customer since high speed was introduced, yes that long. have the grandfathered unlimited plan. i do about 80 - 90gb on average per month down also have bell home phone with 2 features. bill just went up for the 3rd time this year!!

after chiming in on the rogers thread and what they offered me (just spent an hour on the phone with rogers).. I'm going to attempt a call to bell loyalty.

2 horrible conversations on friday evening, one by me after 20min on hold, 20min with a rep i could barely understand.... then one right after by my wife 25min on hold, then 10min with a french accent rep (which was easier to understand) .. he stated he'd transfer her to loyalty at 7:05pm .. you guessed it .. CLOSED at 7pm. please call back during regular hours - disconnect. ohhhh she was fummmmmming!! lol

one thing against me is where i live. boonies. no fibe avail so I can't look to improve on speed.. unless I go with rogers.

my latest bill for home phone and high speed (same as 'performance') is now $111.00 a month before HST !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Woodstock, ON
Feb 24, 2010
942 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
danzerino wrote:
Oct 29th, 2011 3:24 pm
What should I do I got Fibe 25 installed today but I am not getting 25 MBPS at all I am getting around 17-18

I'm on Fibe 16 and I get around 14. Its funny because I used to have BES (Bell Entertainment Service) aka. "Fibe internet beta" when they first introduced it last year and I was on 25mbps plan. I often used to get around 28.

Now, I'm getting much lower than my profile. I guess a lot of people signed up for fibe?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2521 posts
332 upvotes
North York
davethegr8 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2011 9:06 am
I have that dell kit as well and am prepaid up to Jan 8. The csr said the new rate with 50% off will take effect from that point but that rate will be for 10 months as the dell kit rate will run out then. Had to apply the 50% off from today. Only have lousy Fibe 6 in my condo as that's all i can get at this point. Fibe 6 with 25+40gig ins will cost me $25 plus tax. I am happy with that but will have to watch my useage and especially the bill as bell has screwed up my bill in the past. Still the cheapest dry loop option for me by far.

What modem did they give you? I got the Sagemcom - and I am trying to change the DNs for USvideo.ca - but cant seem to find the LAN settigns, etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1292 posts
64 upvotes
Keswick
anyone get bell service in Keswick ontario? I called and they couldnt find my address.. thus couldnt give me a quote
Jun 28, 2009
831 posts
339 upvotes
And so it begins...

I signed up for Fibe 25 at the beginning of the month, my one and only service with Bell. Promo was ending with Rogers so I decided to switch; was paying approx. $32, so for $6+ more, why not get faster internet and 125gb.

No problems with Bell's service until today... Now I just got an email from Bell saying that my internet fees will go up $2, WTF?

Those who are considering signing up, be aware that as of Jan 2012, rates are to go up $2.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15324 posts
2226 upvotes
Toronto
jceezy23 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2011 4:00 pm
And so it begins...

I signed up for Fibe 25 at the beginning of the month, my one and only service with Bell. Promo was ending with Rogers so I decided to switch; was paying approx. $32, so for $6+ more, why not get faster internet and 125gb.

No problems with Bell's service until today... Now I just got an email from Bell saying that my internet fees will go up $2, WTF?

Those who are considering signing up, be aware that as of Jan 2012, rates are to go up $2.

I received the same email but I don't care since I'm still paying far less than Rogers and I get higher download/upload speeds. I'm not a heavy user as I only use about 10 gigs max per month.