Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2561 posts
1777 upvotes
I'm dreading calling already. I'll probably call tomorrow morning or something.

I'm hoping to get Fibe 15 for 50% off. Still a huge downgrade from Fibe 25 for like ~$31.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1430 posts
421 upvotes
Ottawa
adeel wrote: what an experience...contract on fibe 25 or no? My 50% off running out next month...not offered anything as rep said that cant add promotion codes while existing promotion is still active...put in my 30 days cancellation notice and will go from there
Wrong! Not "go from there" but stay there. I am typing this tethered to my cell as I have no mo' Internet after a botched upgrade to Fibe25. Fibe16 worked amazing till this morning (21Mbps sync rate) and the first troubleshooting that came to the tech's mind after installing the Sagemcom was to replace the 1m telephone cable to the wall socket.
I work in telecom and don't take these things lightly...
This plus 5 months of effed-up bills that always require 30-60 min wait on the phone to get solved is really pushing it for me.

Had to vent...Bell service is rolling downhill so fast that I'm a moron to give them my hard earned $$$
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Mar 4, 2009
632 posts
265 upvotes
Ottawa
ipse wrote: Wrong! Not "go from there" but stay there. I am typing this tethered to my cell as I have no mo' Internet after a botched upgrade to Fibe25. Fibe16 worked amazing till this morning (21Mbps sync rate) and the first troubleshooting that came to the tech's mind after installing the Sagemcom was to replace the 1m telephone cable to the wall socket.
I work in telecom and don't take these things lightly...
This plus 5 months of effed-up bills that always require 30-60 min wait on the phone to get solved is really pushing it for me.

Had to vent...Bell service is rolling downhill so fast that I'm a moron to give them my hard earned $$$
This is standard operating procedure with Bell. They offer the world then screw you, resulting in months of dead-end phone calls until you give up. DO NOT TRUST BELL, THEY WILL LIE TO YOU!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6054 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
^they are all the same...rogers...bell...same sh*t different company name...

gonna call on thurs to see whats up...so far bell has only called once, and wanted to raise my bill by $15
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
I don't get why you guys go with Bell/Rogers for the internet. The monopoly that the TV market is in, I can understand. It's either Rogers, Bell, or you're watching DVDs every night but you have a few more options for the internet. Why not go with a smaller, 3rd party company and pay less but get more bang for your buck? Maybe our needs are different but we need unlimited cap space. 150 GB not good enough, neither is 300. MAYBE 500, but that's pushing it. We pay $40 a month for "up to 10 mbps down", unlimited download. Mind you when companies say "up to" it usually means anywhere from 0 - 10. I did a few speedtests, I get 15 mbps down everyday, hits 20 when I'm surfing not at peak times. Mind you this is cable, not DSL, and it's not wireless but hell, it's a great deal. You pay that same $40 a month with Bell/Rogers for a cap, with slower download speeds. The company we have is "Distributel", which bought out 3web way long ago (when we originally signed up). Couldn't be happier with our internet provider. PM me if you have any questions I guess.

Just tested. October 2nd @ 1 am.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2215464126.png I will remind you we pay for "up to 10 mbps"
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3097 posts
1514 upvotes
QC, Canada
actually bell 50/50 250 is not up to 50 mbps, its guarantee..
its remind me of my father internet (oricom), a lill up to 6 mbps..
well after some test its was not even 0.5mbps and the guys said its because of bell and they cant do anythings about it..
I HATE bell, but at least, they guarantee you 50 mbps (when it work LOL)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
6054 posts
853 upvotes
Markham
dankup wrote: I don't get why you guys go with Bell/Rogers for the internet. The monopoly that the TV market is in, I can understand. It's either Rogers, Bell, or you're watching DVDs every night but you have a few more options for the internet. Why not go with a smaller, 3rd party company and pay less but get more bang for your buck? Maybe our needs are different but we need unlimited cap space. 150 GB not good enough, neither is 300. MAYBE 500, but that's pushing it. We pay $40 a month for "up to 10 mbps down", unlimited download. Mind you when companies say "up to" it usually means anywhere from 0 - 10. I did a few speedtests, I get 15 mbps down everyday, hits 20 when I'm surfing not at peak times. Mind you this is cable, not DSL, and it's not wireless but hell, it's a great deal. You pay that same $40 a month with Bell/Rogers for a cap, with slower download speeds. The company we have is "Distributel", which bought out 3web way long ago (when we originally signed up). Couldn't be happier with our internet provider. PM me if you have any questions I guess.

Just tested. October 2nd @ 1 am.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2215464126.png I will remind you we pay for "up to 10 mbps"
If I could say with certainty that I was going to get the higher speed for the price/cap you pay, I'd leave in a second. Problem is that I imagine you are the exception to the rule - I doubt there are many others paying for upto 10mbps getting 20-30+.

Me personally prefer speed over cap space. Though I had a sweet deal to move back to rogers...but nope, just more BS.
Feb 24, 2010
942 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
laptop-tech wrote: Was just offered Fibe 15 at 30.97 per month for 1 year.
Is it a 1-year contract or 1-year price guarantee?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1430 posts
421 upvotes
Ottawa
mcaj2 wrote: Is it a 1-year contract or 1-year price guarantee?
Turns out there is no such thing as "price guarantee" with Bhell...I just renewed my Internet (for another 12 month discount) and to my surprise I was greeted after a month with a notice that beginning Jan 1st the price will go up by 3$.
Needless to say, I will fight it - but it's SO LAME.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
52 upvotes
ipse wrote: Turns out there is no such thing as "price guarantee" with Bhell...I just renewed my Internet (for another 12 month discount) and to my surprise I was greeted after a month with a notice that beginning Jan 1st the price will go up by 3$.
+1, got that email too! Such BS man!
rems wrote: yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1003 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
ipse wrote: Turns out there is no such thing as "price guarantee" with Bhell...I just renewed my Internet (for another 12 month discount) and to my surprise I was greeted after a month with a notice that beginning Jan 1st the price will go up by 3$.
Right, but on the up side, any change in contract terms is an opportunity to bail out. Not this early of course, and not for you, but on a 3 year cell plan a change by Bell means you can bail within 30 days. I am pretty sure. There should be an app for that warning... BELL HAS CHANGED A CONTRACT TERM, YOU CAN BAIL OUT NOW, QUICK!
Nov 4, 2009
114 posts
74 upvotes
About 10 years ago I tried Bell for high speed DSL internet (I believe it was called Bell Sympatico)

Confirmed high speed availability in our area and signed up. While using it, noticed speed was very similar to dial-up. Frustrated a month and a half in called Bell. the rep said "they don't really have DSL in our area but the speed should be better then dialup"

Spoke with the manager and told him they should charge me for dialup instead. He said no sorry the terms of the agreement say that Bell does not have to give the actual speed.

Well I hope Bell is enjoying their "terms of the agreement" I have not used Bell for anything since the last 10 years, further I got a few of my family/ friends to drop bell as well. Bell probably lost over $50K in revenue because of me alone.

LOL Bell cheated me out of about $20 and eneded up loosing more then $50k. What a pathetic company

And guess what, a large # of people did this too...so it actually did make a difference to Bell's bottom line.

Please vote with your wallets (get em where it hurts)

*Don't forget the late 80s early 90s when Bell controlled Long Distance calling they were ripping of customers so much that the government forced Bell to give back some of the money they stole. - Clearly an example of what Bell would do if they had the chance.

"People don't give them that chance ever again"

Early 90s when CRTC announced competition, Bell CEO "We're disappointed,"...we will be raising residential rates"

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/06/13/busin ... calls.html (Second part 5th paragraph)

also http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company- ... a-history/ (last 3 paragraphs)

Guess what BELL "I pay $10 all in with 500 international mins for home phone service"

I might just sign up with Bell for free months and then cancel (stick it to em) LOL :twisted:
Nov 4, 2009
114 posts
74 upvotes
Also don't forget Bell was the leading lobbyist for going against unlimited internet service. So you can see Bell has not changed their anti-consumer ways in the last 25 years.

- It's funny how a company tries to screw people again and again, and there are people still siding with that company :confused:

"There's a sucker born every minute"
- P. T. Barnum
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1003 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
Right, and I also took away a lot of BEll LD customers this spring. I use Fibe but only because it is half price. When the year is up I go with the cheapest.

Please be sure NO ONE YOU KNOW USES BELL for long distance. Simple email me their soft copy bill and I will tell you how much they are being cheated out of. No one wins with a Bell LD plan compared to 2 or 3 cents a minute pay as you go.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3870 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
My 50% off was ending end of this month (from last year)

I called on the weekend, got 30% off for 6
Months offered, said no and cancelled

Got a call today stay on fibe 25 (125GB) for 50% off another year and 50GB extra usage that i was getting for $10 before now for $5 for 1 year

Took it - anyone else get any offer ?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
So sounds like everyone is getting 50% off the Bhell internet. Any package?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
Looking at Bhell's website, I see the 15/10 package is at $35/m for the first 6 months, with no modem rental fee, and installation fee waived. Only 1 time activation fee.

I went on the Bhell site and started a chat with a Bhell agent. He indicated I can get that, and TV at $20/m, for the first 6 m, then he can waive the installation charge.

So the first 6 months get $35/m for 15/10 internet, and $20/m for TV, all fees waived, no cancellation charge after those 6 months. Could I possibly also get 50% off for the internet or is that a retention offer only to existing customers? (I'm currently with Robbers)
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3097 posts
1514 upvotes
QC, Canada
anyone got the 50% in quebec ?
Oct 22, 2012
50 posts
5 upvotes
TORONTO
i called in last week as my 50% off was ending as well, and they offered $10 off fibe 15 for 6 months. took it cause i had called a couple times before and were offering me the same thing X(
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
3097 posts
1514 upvotes
QC, Canada
they offered me 10$ off 4 times before finally offering me 30$ off and then later another 5$ so 35$ off

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)