Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
skaura wrote: On 4 month promo and called to cancel to switch to Teksavvy. Bell offered me no-contract, Fibe 25, 245GB for $53 taxes in (for the first year, after that it goes back to 205GB). One caveat, I have to call in after I get my first invoice and they will apply a one time $60 credit that covers the extra 40GB for each of the first 12 months.
How did you get the 245GB? Latest cap advertised is 100 GB so you got a great deal, if 40GB is the insurance free you still got a free 105GB over normal. How? Smooth talking?
Nov 24, 2002
890 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Bell is totally clueless.. Been with teksavvy since 2005 but am now looking for faster speeds for less $$$. I called Bell, and got the complete run-around (as a new customer!!)

Guy on the phone says cap is 75GB, their web site says it's 100GB, some people here getting 125GB. I told them that I have regular telephone service with Teksavvy (not VoIP) and the sales person is trying to get me on dry-loop, while their web site doesn't even talk about dry-loop.

The scariest tactic I saw, and I should have written that person's name down and call a manager, is that he wasn't willing to talk to me about prices, unless he started an order processing!!! What the hell!? I have to commit to a service before I know the details and price!???
Nov 15, 2004
243 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Called today and got just Fibe25 for $33+HST for 12 months. They tried to sell us the normal phone line by saying that our internet would be faster if we got it, but I politely said no. This is great for me since I don't download more than 100GB and I was paying $70+taxes for ultimate 30 from Cogeco. If TekSavvy would only eat the $100 install fee, I would gladly sign a 2 year contract with them!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
leonk wrote: Bell is totally clueless.. Been with teksavvy since 2005 but am now looking for faster speeds for less $$$. I called Bell, and got the complete run-around (as a new customer!!)

Guy on the phone says cap is 75GB, their web site says it's 100GB, some people here getting 125GB. I told them that I have regular telephone service with Teksavvy (not VoIP) and the sales person is trying to get me on dry-loop, while their web site doesn't even talk about dry-loop.

The scariest tactic I saw, and I should have written that person's name down and call a manager, is that he wasn't willing to talk to me about prices, unless he started an order processing!!! What the hell!? I have to commit to a service before I know the details and price!???

Not to whitewash Bell, but call back if you get a rep you aren't liking. You will not get a last name, always ask for their "Bell agent ID:" looks like.... X5999.

Did your phone number qualify for Fibe 25 on the web site check? Maybe it's just not available, and there have been cases where the web says no and the rep says yes, and the opposite. They seem to have 2 databases to check.

They may have NEEDED to start order entry to get the prices to come up on the screen. Starting entry does not commit you to anything and there is no commitment of any kind anyway. They can't install it without getting in the door, so relax. You read of many people being told one price and getting another, likely because the rep is NOT entering it as an order and seeing the real prices and they are misreading the screens.

Let them do up the order and send a confirmation for approval. Then you call back and approve it. You can always cancel before it is installed anyways.

What speed did you ask for when they quoted a cap of 75?? I assume 25. That's not the cap for ANY Fibe product.

Give
Oct 12, 2011
473 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
leonk wrote: Bell is totally clueless.. Been with teksavvy since 2005 but am now looking for faster speeds for less $$$. I called Bell, and got the complete run-around (as a new customer!!)

Hope you enjoyed old-Canadian way of doing business.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14419 posts
187 upvotes
Mississauga
boblepp wrote: There's something positive happening at Bell, they are more friendly and more anxious to help lower bills. Compliment them on their new approach.

Also, not sure if this is new, they will email a confirmation of the change details if you ask. Keep in mind it may not QUITE match up... on mine it said my bundle credits were removed but a call back confirmed that to be a bug in the email.

I suggest you ask for the email and hang on the line until you get it and check it before hanging up, saves call backs.

They saod it would take 2 months, but on that bill, there would be retroactive credits for next month.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3082 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
What is the regular price of fibe 25 in toronto?

My first bill shows $76.95 and then $38.48 discount

Others here post $32 or $34 ?

Also my bill says next month internet service is increasing by $2...is that everyone?

I also got charged $5 for the 40gb extra - gotta call in for that too

What a pain!!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3082 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
And no $5 bundle savings either as promised - what a damn hassle
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4782 posts
1213 upvotes
Toronto
is the 50% still on right now? ie. anyone call or sign up this week and get 50%?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
fightbriz wrote: is the 50% still on right now? ie. anyone call or sign up this week and get 50%?
Web site shows $27.48 'in a bundle' which means 32.48 for Fibe, 5.00 off your phone if you have one.

Sounds like I am shilling for Bell now.... arrgghhhh

Why not just call in your self and ask? Have you checked your phone number for Fibe capability? It is all on their web site.
Feb 6, 2002
452 posts
10 upvotes
When I checked for fibe25 it says it's not available for my phone/address... but when I checked the street next to mine it says available. My street is brand new so that may be the reason. Does anyone know if I can request ask Bell to added services to my street?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2010
1002 posts
236 upvotes
Aurora
mavvee wrote: When I checked for fibe25 it says it's not available for my phone/address... but when I checked the street next to mine it says available. My street is brand new so that may be the reason. Does anyone know if I can request ask Bell to added services to my street?
I have always wondered why people ask questions only Bell can answer, it's a simple phone call to 310-BELL and they will transfer you to the people who know. No one on RFD can know whether Bell will give you Fibe on your street. Even Bell can give you two different answers. If they will let you order it, do it, and only when the Tech arrives will you really know.

That said, the tech who did mine told a story of a street where on one side you could actually install Fibe, but across the street they connected to a different box and Fibe was not in that box yet. It all depends on how they wired the sub division, and Bell records are incomplete and inaccurate because over time people input the wrong data. For me they had switched pairs trying to eliminate a noise, no one updated the records, the tech comes and cannot get a dial tone on the pair, then he finds the error.

So, order it and then you will know. Don't cancel your existing but DO give them 30 days notice and ask for confirmation. Later you can call back and remove the cancellation before 30 days if needed.
Dec 23, 2011
101 posts
13 upvotes
Barrie, On
fightbriz wrote: is the 50% still on right now? ie. anyone call or sign up this week and get 50%?

Yep. Just got off the phone with them. Pretty substantial savings with no contracts IMO...
Jan 19, 2008
186 posts
11 upvotes
I've had fibre bundle since September with no contract and 145Gb cap, still havn't had a bill where I've been charged the right amount. December I was charged for going over my cap and for some reason over fees from sept to nov on top of that with interest. I havn't come anywhere close to the cap, always keep an eye on it. I've been in constant contact with the rep that set up my account and thankfully she's been able to get my account credited each time, but really annoying that they can't get it right still.
Worst was December they added charged for late fees when the charges never appeared on previous bills. I've only been paying them what I agreed to when setting up the account, I can only imagine how hard it'd be to get my money back out of them.
Nov 10, 2008
819 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
I am paying $66.90 for a bundled (tv+home phone) internet, Fibe12. My limit is 50GB but I pay extra $5 for 40GB. Does this sound right?

I was a BES customer so I have the old PVR, which I own.