Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Oct 6, 2010
13 posts
Toronto
DdBigs wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2013 8:44 pm

I got the $18 off phone and the $10 off TV (even though I was on contract). Its just I feel like I'm getting ripped with the internet.
We are all being ripped off.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3148 posts
429 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
chowjam wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2013 1:54 pm
FYI

So got off the phone over my nightmare Feb. Bill from BHs "Additional GB $5.00". That additional GB is part of the Security Advance Service which is not free. If you were sent a email to download the app/file of Security Advance Service, you will be charged the Hidden Fee called "Additional GB $5.00" every month. It is a "storage vault" fee for the S.A.S. Even if you don't download and install it you will be charged, it is in all the Fibe Internet Plans, since Jan. 2013. I complained about the hidden charges and ask it to be removed, (seventh person i talked to).I was upset it was not properly explained in my bill.It is under the fine print when you download the app. It was an internet supervisor I spoke to and he couldn't or wouldn't email the link with the hidden charge. BEWARE of anything that is FREE. Hope this helps with all your BHell Billing problems.
"Additional GB $5.00" "storage vault" fee ??

$10.00 /mo
http://www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Produc ... y_advanced

Security Advanced features

Anti-virus: keeps your computer safe with protection against the latest viruses
Anti-spyware: detects and removes spyware that gathers information about you without your knowledge
Firewall: prevents intruders by monitoring all traffic between your computer and those on your home network or the Internet
Wi-Fi Security: protects you from unauthorized access when you are using wireless networks and hotspots
Fraud Protection: blocks access to known websites that try to steal credit card info or passwords
Active Shield: monitors your computer for abnormal behaviour caused by malicious software
Disk Optimizer: ensures your PC is running at peak performance
Parental Controls: provides peace of mind when your children are online
Pop-up Blocker: eliminates annoying banner and pop-up ads in your browser
Web Privacy Controls: alerts you when personal information is being sent and manages your cookies
Automatic Updates: updates your anti-virus definitions regularly to provide protection from the latest threats

What else do you get?

Protection for your entire home network (up to three computers)
24/7 technical support
The ability to scan specific files, folders or drives
The ability to scan email and attachments without opening them (an email verification will be sent if a virus is found and deleted)
Compatibility with Windows XP
An active connections list of all applications running on your PC
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
3148 posts
429 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
chowjam wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2013 1:54 pm
FYI

So got off the phone over my nightmare Feb. Bill from BHs "Additional GB $5.00". That additional GB is part of the Security Advance Service which is not free. If you were sent a email to download the app/file of Security Advance Service, you will be charged the Hidden Fee called "Additional GB $5.00" every month. It is a "storage vault" fee for the S.A.S. Even if you don't download and install it you will be charged, it is in all the Fibe Internet Plans, since Jan. 2013. I complained about the hidden charges and ask it to be removed, (seventh person i talked to).I was upset it was not properly explained in my bill.It is under the fine print when you download the app. It was an internet supervisor I spoke to and he couldn't or wouldn't email the link with the hidden charge. BEWARE of anything that is FREE. Hope this helps with all your BHell Billing problems.
"Additional GB $5.00" "storage vault" fee ??

http://www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Produc ... Usage_plan

============================================================
??
Bell's Storage Vault (online backup)
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r244901 ... ne-backup-
Aug 24, 2011
6 posts
1 upvote
Thanks to this thread, I called in today after the 3 months dell bundle trial (all install/activation fees waved and 0$ for 3 months). I live in Quebec City and we have FTTH. I activated the 50/50mbps with 250GB caps on this trial. With only internet, they would charge me a WHOPPING 86.95$ per month. Called the cancellation service and said it was too much for my budget (it literally is). They offered me to keep my 50/50 mbps and 250GB for 53.95$. A 33$ rebate per month just for calling. The lady told me this promo is unlimited, as long as I don't change anything to my internet package, I can keep this promo forever. WOW!! @ 52.95$ on cable I get 20/1 mbps with 100GB caps here in Québec city. This is an amazing deal! THANKS RFD!!
Jul 25, 2011
72 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
What's the best current bell internet promotion available?
I prefer to have the unlimited offer since I have a 10 year old plan (high speed sympatico DSL with unlimited bandwidth).
Also have home phone for about 20 years so I'm hoping there is a deal on fibe internet....thoughts?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3184 posts
404 upvotes
GTA
Tommy74 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2013 8:25 pm
called to cancel bell last week...they called back today and offered fibe 25/10/unlimited for $43 plus tax and $9.95 for home phone instead of $35 . So $53 for both with all the features I have now is OK. I will be calling Rogers to cancell the 8 year deal...
Just a basic home phone line with no features?

I have the $18 off home phone basic (not lite) and was told it would cost $19.95 after the $4 bundle discount.

For the Internet, I was offered only 30% off, instead of the 50% that just expired.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1451 posts
135 upvotes
Markham
flamez1000 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2013 10:33 pm
Just a basic home phone line with no features?

I have the $18 off home phone basic (not lite) and was told it would cost $19.95 after the $4 bundle discount.

For the Internet, I was offered only 30% off, instead of the 50% that just expired.
What's your location? I can't get 30% off, only $5 in Markham Ontario.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
3184 posts
404 upvotes
GTA
DdBigs wrote:
Feb 27th, 2013 10:53 pm
What's your location? I can't get 30% off, only $5 in Markham Ontario.
Scarborough.
Nov 25, 2012
75 posts
5 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Wow, this thread still going strong even after 18 months. The longest hot deal ever.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7971 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
I was just offered by their Loyalty Dept:

Fibe 5MB/1MB 65GB for $34.99
- first 3 months is $5 a month (for the 65GB vs the standard 25GB) or free if I take 25 GB for those 3 months.
- free installation
- no wireless modem charges
- no contract

Or same deal with 90GB would be $39.95 or $29.95 with 40GB

I declined as I want a sub $35 package with at least 100GB. Am I being unrealistic?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7016 posts
345 upvotes
York
consumerPI wrote:
Feb 28th, 2013 6:05 pm
I was just offered by their Loyalty Dept:

Fibe 5MB/1MB 65GB for $34.99
- first 3 months is $5 a month (for the 65GB vs the standard 25GB) or free if I take 25 GB for those 3 months.
- free installation
- no wireless modem charges
- no contract

Or same deal with 90GB would be $39.95 or $29.95 with 40GB

I declined as I want a sub $35 package with at least 100GB. Am I being unrealistic?
If you're sticking with Bell you are.

I'm getting unlimited download cap size for ~$40 with Distributel.
Jul 13, 2006
794 posts
32 upvotes
I was offered only 30% off as well !!! Is 30% off the current best offer from Bell? Time to look at Rogers?

I was not at home and Bell had called and said that If I sign up for all 3 services (including Bell TV) I would get 6 months free but I am not sure about this offer. Has anyone else got a similar offer from Bell?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1135 posts
196 upvotes
ORLEANS
those that dont have FTTH but got FTTN can now get 50/10 package with 175GB BW. Im currently on 15/10 but my promotions all expired so i gotta pay full price next month :( . im gonna call in tomorrow to try to get the 50/10 for roughly the price of 15/10 or lower if not ill cancel and go to electronicbox
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1611 upvotes
North York
ok i haven't been in here for a while.
are those a la carte pricing deals for QC residents only?
also what is the best bundle deal to aim for atm for Ontario FTTN customers?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5101 posts
294 upvotes
Markham
Palidino wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 12:14 am
those that dont have FTTH but got FTTN can now get 50/10 package with 175GB BW. Im currently on 15/10 but my promotions all expired so i gotta pay full price next month :( . im gonna call in tomorrow to try to get the 50/10 for roughly the price of 15/10 or lower if not ill cancel and go to electronicbox
keep in mind it still depends on your area...mine the max is still 25/10