Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Jul 13, 2006
816 posts
41 upvotes
CanadianDesi wrote: I just cancelled my residential internet with Bell. Then I called Bell Business department and told them that I want a new connection for my business. I have no business registered. So I told them to use my first and last name as business name. This is perfectly legal. I now have Bell DSL Dry Loop internet (no phone line from Bell required = Dry Loop), with Unlimited Bandwidth (limit for unlimited is 300 GB, but I am told that they do not care if there is overuse). Anyway I would never use more than 300GB. Speed 10MBPS download and 7MBPS upload.

Also I get a better modem, the Bell Connection Hub which has networked USB ports allowing me to connect USB network devices.

Monthly rate $24.00 + taxes, no modem fee or anything.
Term = 3 years.

I think this is a good deal.
Has anyone else got same deal as above? I called and the Business Dept and they told me that there was no internet offer for $24 plus tax
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8112 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto
So has anyone else signed up for this offer? Don't want to waste 20 mins+on hold with the clowns over at Bell only to be laughed at.
UTSC wrote: Has anyone else got same deal as above? I called and the Business Dept and they told me that there was no internet offer for $24 plus tax
Jul 12, 2011
32 posts
23 upvotes
UTSC wrote: Has anyone else got same deal as above? I called and the Business Dept and they told me that there was no internet offer for $24 plus tax
I was offered the same deal by online chat.
Basically the price is around 45/month on a 3 year contract, but they give you an additional $20 discount every month, bringing your price down to around 25/month.

This can also be done for a 1 year contract; the price for that is about 50/month, and additional $20 discount, so about $30/month.

The downside is, there is $80 installation fee. And $115 dry loop connection fee.
Even if you currently have dry loop dsl as a residential customer, you would have to pay again to get a new "business dry dsl" line and pay all the upfront fees.

All this as mentioned by chat rep; the phone reps might be able to waive the fees, but I haven't tried.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8112 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks.

If they will waive the Dry loop fees, I'm in for 3 years.
RedBlue02 wrote: I was offered the same deal by online chat.
Basically the price is around 45/month on a 3 year contract, but they give you an additional $20 discount every month, bringing your price down to around 25/month.

This can also be done for a 1 year contract; the price for that is about 50/month, and additional $20 discount, so about $30/month.

The downside is, there is $80 installation fee. And $115 dry loop connection fee.
Even if you currently have dry loop dsl as a residential customer, you would have to pay again to get a new "business dry dsl" line and pay all the upfront fees.

All this as mentioned by chat rep; the phone reps might be able to waive the fees, but I haven't tried.
Feb 15, 2009
60 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
My 50% off from last year is expiring soon. Has anyone been able to renew the discount?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2450 posts
1698 upvotes
slipperyspider wrote: best deals for current customers? just came off the dell deal, forgot to change it and paid $75 for the past 2 months
anything close to 50% ?
same, after I got bill from email.......Bell offered $47.36 for Fab25 and I rejected.
Mar 23, 2013
58 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
raccoon wrote: same, after I got bill from email.......Bell offered $47.36 for Fab25 and I rejected.
I had the 50% promo with Fibe25, $68 @ 50% off. I just called in, asked for retentions and was downgraded to Fibe15 for $48 with 80GB limit.

Not great but couldn't be bothered to keep calling in. Apparently no for promos for Fibe25.

The prices on the website all require a Bell bundle.
Dec 10, 2006
333 posts
82 upvotes
Just called in to cancel my service because my 25/10 student plan is coming to end.

The best he could offer was Fibe 50/10, 200GB, 53.95+Tax. No contract, but promo is only good for 6 months, at which point it would go up to something ridiculous like $83. Do you guys think this is worth it or would you go with the Rogers W45 Plan which is 35/2, 200GB, 45+Tax which also has no contract and a price guarantee of 8 years?

Modem rental is included in both.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
^^^ How important is speed to you? And is Rogers good in your area? I would go with Rogers if credit is only good for 6 months.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Dec 10, 2006
333 posts
82 upvotes
LostInTruth wrote: ^^^ How important is speed to you? And is Rogers good in your area? I would go with Rogers if credit is only good for 6 months.
Honestly as long as it's above 20 that's all I care about. I'm a bit more concerned about ping as I play a few online games.

The thing is I'm not sure how good rogers would be in the area I am moving to is pretty dense... Ill be moving to York and Queens Quay West

Do you know if there is anyway to actually check?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1677 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Reviving this thread. Anyone successfully on getting deals lately?
MechanicalMan64
Nov 18, 2012
938 posts
539 upvotes
carefull guys. I refused to move from TV expressvue to Fibe because of the price and some day someone called and offered 50% off. So about 40-50$ for all the install and switch

forward to the next billing date. Oh sorry we credited you with 150$ free installation but you have to pay 100$ in moving fees from expressvue to fibe.

Did manage to get 10$ off on top of everything for the next 12months(so they are paying me 20$ to switch) after calling back 5 times in row and bitching but someone less resourceful and with less time to waste could get conned for 50 extra.

65$ cellphone/ 45$+10$ 15/10 unlimited internet / 33$ 2 receiver and bell tv and 9$ phoneline. with all rebates comes to around 115-120$ pm for 4 services now
Jul 4, 2012
228 posts
48 upvotes
I called bell saying I was moving into a new place and looking for the best deal out there (truth). The best they could offer me was identical to what's on their website (8$ off for 6 months on fibe 15/10). Should I keep calling? Will they ever offer me anything better as I am a new customer?

thanks!
Dec 20, 2007
305 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
called in and retention offered me 39.95$ with bundle for 25mb / 125gb. anyone received better deal?
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10552 posts
968 upvotes
Vancouver
mr1sparkle wrote: called in and retention offered me 39.95$ with bundle for 25mb / 125gb. anyone received better deal?
That seams like a REALLY good deal?