Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1172 posts
540 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
Hey Guys,

Called Bell today after seeing my bill being $77 for just Fibe 5-1 and their most basic Phone service. Was offered the Fibe 15-10 and the basic homephone with caller ID and Digital Call waiting and Unlimited Provincial wide long distance for $67 with taxes. They also threw on a 25 GB Extra usage for me... Was this a good deal?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5471 posts
437 upvotes
Markham
Kaitlyn wrote: That seams like a REALLY good deal?
its certainly possible - that is price after all discounts including bell bundle discount...i was quoted 43.86 for same...opted to go for fibe 15/10 at the 39.95 price for another 6 months...hopefully my price is properly reflected on next bill
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1620 posts
228 upvotes
Barrie
How are people finding Fibe's speed consistency? I'm still on cable internet, and fibe will be in my area very soon...I've been talking to a new customer rep, and it sound's pretty good...and good deals for new customers. PM me if you want the rep's contact info.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1271 posts
111 upvotes
tylerc wrote: How are people finding Fibe's speed consistency? I'm still on cable internet, and fibe will be in my area very soon...I've been talking to a new customer rep, and it sound's pretty good...and good deals for new customers. PM me if you want the rep's contact info.
I always get my max speed both when I had 25/10 and not 50/10. The only consideration is the other servers speed but any server that can handle it gives me 50/10 all the time.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10551 posts
968 upvotes
Vancouver
sunnyd71 wrote: I always get my max speed both when I had 25/10 and not 50/10. The only consideration is the other servers speed but any server that can handle it gives me 50/10 all the time.
I also get consistent speeds 24/7 with my Fibe 25/10. Quite impressed, actually...

I do have an annoying problem though: I'd estimate once every 2 days (that I notice it) or so - my internet will just cut out. I'm still connected and can access the router... but I can't access anything via IP or not. This lasts about 5 minutes mostly (but sometimes reoccurs moments later) and it seems to just magically resolve itself. Anyone else having a similar problem with their Bell Connection Hub?
Name: Bell Connection Hub
Firmware Version: FAST2864_v6740S
Rescue Version: FAST2864_v7740S
Hardware Version: 2864-000000-002
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10132 posts
5268 upvotes
Markham
Kaitlyn wrote: I also get consistent speeds 24/7 with my Fibe 25/10. Quite impressed, actually...

I do have an annoying problem though: I'd estimate once every 2 days (that I notice it) or so - my internet will just cut out. I'm still connected and can access the router... but I can't access anything via IP or not. This lasts about 5 minutes mostly (but sometimes reoccurs moments later) and it seems to just magically resolve itself. Anyone else having a similar problem with their Bell Connection Hub?
Had the same problem not too long ago. Called tech support and eventually (after an hour on the phone of them trying to fix it on their end) they decided it was a bad modem and they scheduled a tech to come in and replace it.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5471 posts
437 upvotes
Markham
Kaitlyn wrote: I also get consistent speeds 24/7 with my Fibe 25/10. Quite impressed, actually...

gr8dlr wrote: Had the same problem not too long ago. Called tech support and eventually (after an hour on the phone of them trying to fix it on their end) they decided it was a bad modem and they scheduled a tech to come in and replace it.
Could also be what is called intermittent sync...I had the problem ALOT back when I had fibe internet only...when the fibetv tech came by for my install, i explained my issue...he didnt change the modem, but he certainly did something as since then I have never had that issue again
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10551 posts
968 upvotes
Vancouver
adeel wrote: Could also be what is called intermittent sync...I had the problem ALOT back when I had fibe internet only...when the fibetv tech came by for my install, i explained my issue...he didnt change the modem, but he certainly did something as since then I have never had that issue again
Hmm.. under Services it has Internet+TV, even though I only have Internet. Should I switch to internet only?
Warning: Modifying any settings on this page should only be done by a trained Bell Technician or it may result in a disruption of service.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5471 posts
437 upvotes
Markham
Kaitlyn wrote: Hmm.. under Services it has Internet+TV, even though I only have Internet. Should I switch to internet only?
No idea...best bet is to call tech support and see if they can help...maybe using the term intermittent sync (if they cant figure it out) might help point in the right direction
Jan 26, 2011
216 posts
262 upvotes
Have the same sync problem, called tech and they performed a line reset on their end and seems to have fixed the issue... Will keep watching it for a few days
Mar 13, 2009
136 posts
294 upvotes
Anyone had luck improving their current fibe internet with bell? I just called in to cancel and I was on the old dsl 16. I was thinking of switching for rogers $35 (25 down, 80gb, etc). He immediately switched me to the fibe 15/10 because it's "faster" now. He offered to give to to me for $43 + for the service.
Still thinking about cancelling, but wondering what others have done.
Feb 26, 2013
64 posts
4 upvotes
rogers w35 and w45 prices are fixed no contract price for fix 8 years
Feb 26, 2013
64 posts
4 upvotes
also rogers home phone SRU promotion is fixed price for 2 years no term. For bell customers to switch its easy for both products just call 1888-590-7384 or rogers customer care.
Dec 23, 2008
871 posts
84 upvotes
Guelph
Bell reduced my bandwidth last month, since the extra 40gb I got for free is gone. I do have extra 25 gb for free, but my bandwith is only 95gb. I called bell twice and they cannot do anything.

I looked at other companies, but I hate their installation and modem fees. I currently pay $43.95 for fib16 with 95GB Bandwidth.

I hope bell brings out a new offer soon....
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
12839 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
My 50% promo ended on Fibe 16.... Got offered and accepted $38.36 for 15/10..

Also got $5 more bundle discount..
so Bell TV $9 off
Bell Phone $4 off
Bell Internet $4 off.