[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5084 posts
290 upvotes
Markham
dan668 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2013 9:38 am
Would he have a decent chance of getting a deal from retentions if he locked in? He's had 25/10 with them for years.
i havent dealth with retention on the tv side...as far as i know offers for tv arent great...for internet can get 30% off though
Jul 25, 2002
33 posts
24 upvotes
dan668 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2013 10:00 am
Are there any promos like the one year free adeel? I signed up with it months ago from the contact you gave me but now i have a friend looking for a bell deal. He currently has internet but wants TV with them
eerr.. if he has internet already, he probably can get this offer too...

Bell sent me a promotion letter for Fibe TV... offer ends May 4, 2013

- one time fee: $49.95

$9.95/month for 12 months,
$24.24/month thereafter
+
upgrade to Fibe Internet 25/10
$39.95/mth ongoing

Bell Phone number: 1-877-560-8133

The Bell agent may ask you the code at the bottom of the page. It's either 3231_LH_E or 17LQ_MDU.

Notes:

- Some agents may tell you the offer is only for 6 months... not 12 months... so, pls call the above number, don't call 310-Bell.

- when I called Bell few weeks ago, he didn't let me take the internet offer ($39.95) because I have 25/10 already.... :confused:

- Last time I called the 310-bell retention dept, he offered 3 months free, no installation fee.

p.s. I'm in Montreal, not sure if it's the same promotion in Ontario
Sep 26, 2012
992 posts
122 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
So 25/10 for 39.99. Is their a specific length that you sign for? Is the TV package you listed just the good? He's looking for the better package
Jul 25, 2002
33 posts
24 upvotes
dan668 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2013 9:53 am
So 25/10 for 39.99. Is their a specific length that you sign for? Is the TV package you listed just the good? He's looking for the better package
$39.99... it's ongoing price.... no contract ... but I'm from Quebec, not sure about other provinces..

$9.95 is just for the basic tv package.... you need to pay more for the better package...
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
2891 posts
232 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm really having a hard time finding a way to reduce my bill. The 50% off discount on my Fibe 16+ Internet plan that had just expired and now I have to pay $61.95. Apparently, that's the same price for Bell Fibe 25/10. I just don't want to switch to that plan without getting a discount first.

My contract that signed two years ago is almost over in less than ten days, but I don't know how to get any leverage out of these people. They claim to have a "loyalty" phone line but the word loyalty means nothing to them.
Mar 7, 2013
21 posts
2 upvotes
I had the same promo. Once it expired early this month, I called for a better deal. The lady first offered me $10 off. I wanted to changed from fibe 16 to fibe 25. Then she spoke to manager or something and offered $18 off and discount has no expiry date. So I am paying $39/month (after $4 bundle discount on cable).

I would say call again, fibe 25 is available at $43/month. Ask them Rogers has promo for $45 for 200 gb and ask them to come close.

input wrote:
Apr 30th, 2013 3:07 pm
I'm really having a hard time finding a way to reduce my bill. The 50% off discount on my Fibe 16+ Internet plan that had just expired and now I have to pay $61.95. Apparently, that's the same price for Bell Fibe 25/10. I just don't want to switch to that plan without getting a discount first.

My contract that signed two years ago is almost over in less than ten days, but I don't know how to get any leverage out of these people. They claim to have a "loyalty" phone line but the word loyalty means nothing to them.
Jun 2, 2012
55 posts
25 upvotes
Scarborough
I am currently not with Bell and I thought they would have better promotions for new customers.
Contacted Bell this afternoon and was also offered Fibe 25 for $43 / month as long as you stay with them. No contract.

Was hoping for may a month or two free so I can test their services in my area.
Oh well, guess I am staying with Rogers for now...
:arrowd: Please press the Thanks button if I helped you :)
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
2891 posts
232 upvotes
Mississauga
garrykumar wrote:
Apr 30th, 2013 5:37 pm
I had the same promo. Once it expired early this month, I called for a better deal. The lady first offered me $10 off. I wanted to changed from fibe 16 to fibe 25. Then she spoke to manager or something and offered $18 off and discount has no expiry date. So I am paying $39/month (after $4 bundle discount on cable).

I would say call again, fibe 25 is available at $43/month. Ask them Rogers has promo for $45 for 200 gb and ask them to come close.
I managed to call them again and I said that I "received" the same offer that the user, spaghetti, got in the mail. The customer service representative that I was talking to had to escalate the call to a supervisor because she wouldn't be able do anything.

The supervisor said I qualified for the promotion, but only for twelve months. I took it only because it didn't seem it would be likely that next person I would have to call would be able to do any better anyways. Even if I mentioned that I could I get a better deal from the likes of TekSavvy (which is offering 25/10 and 300 GB for $39.99), they still wouldn't budge.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
48995 posts
14430 upvotes
My $14/month promotional discount will be expiring in July/August. All I have with Bell is the Fibe 25/10 DSL internet service -- 390 GB cap and I was told I'd be able to keep the cap even after the promo period ends.

What is the best time and way to ask if pricing can be left as is or if I can additional discount? Should I call Customer Retentions and if so, what is the number to call? I don't mind staying with Bell if I have to shell out $52.95/month for this service since I don't download a lot anyway. If it goes to $66, then the price differential will be significant that I may have to move to Electronic Box.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1244 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton
I was livid cause they keep *****ing up my bill, threatened to cancel my internet first, and then my other two services.. I got a permanent deal for $41.95/month Less 4$, 25/10 unlimited usage. Pretty much have to say youre going to cancel to get to retentions. I tried calling before and asked for a better deal straight up to a CSR, they sent me to someone who flat out said no to any deal. This time around I said I wanted to cancel and talked to a very intelligent woman who got the job done.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
48995 posts
14430 upvotes
Drewis wrote:
May 8th, 2013 2:08 pm
I was livid cause they keep *****ing up my bill, threatened to cancel my internet first, and then my other two services.. I got a permanent deal for $41.95/month Less 4$, 25/10 unlimited usage. Pretty much have to say youre going to cancel to get to retentions. I tried calling before and asked for a better deal straight up to a CSR, they sent me to someone who flat out said no to any deal. This time around I said I wanted to cancel and talked to a very intelligent woman who got the job done.
Coincidentally, I think they were offering it at the Source at 200 Bay Street, Toronto -- permanent deal for about that monthly fee good for 100 GB. Is yours 100 GB?

I will move to Electronic Box if I don't get some discount before my promo period ends.
Nov 18, 2012
790 posts
347 upvotes
Longueuil
Drewis wrote:
dont be happy yet. I have done what u did 5 months ago

im still getting higher bills than before every month. I even have a comfirmation number of a 10$ per month rebate because they screwed up and added 100$ extra to a bill and guess what that fking 10$ off never appeared.

Bell has billed me about 250 extra in the past 5months and they cant keep the promotions on my account for more than 5secs(the time i get the email)

with the -10$ i should be at 130-140$ (tx included) for 4 services and yet last bill was 185+tx
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15290 posts
7604 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Drewis wrote:
I was livid cause they keep *****ing up my bill, threatened to cancel my internet first, and then my other two services...
rkt1337 wrote:
May 8th, 2013 2:49 pm
I have done what u did 5 months ago. im still getting higher bills than before every month. I even have a comfirmation number of a 10$ per month rebate because they screwed up and added 100$ extra to a bill and guess what that fking 10$ off never appeared. Bell has billed me about 250 extra in the past 5months and they cant keep the promotions on my account for more than 5secs(the time i get the email)...
This is why I prefer to pay a bit more for the privilege of dealing with a reputable organization like TekSavvy. Life is too short to waste it on hold waiting for a Bhell bhozo to pile more bhellshit on top of bhellshit, calling it "customer service", just so you can "save" the money they promised months ago. The thought of having to rinse and repeat this process every year nauseates me.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. --- Albert Einstein
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4926 posts
261 upvotes
Just called in to cancel as my Student promotion expired (25/10) and I got 50/10 for the same price - $53 per month. Only issue is I'm down to 175gb per month.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
48995 posts
14430 upvotes
TypeVR6 wrote:
May 10th, 2013 10:03 pm
Just called in to cancel as my Student promotion expired (25/10) and I got 50/10 for the same price - $53 per month. Only issue is I'm down to 175gb per month.
I just got this in my inbox this evening and it may help:

Great news! The extra 250 GB of usage you’ve been enjoying each month with your Bell Internet service is now being extended for as long as you remain on your current Internet plan.

With the extra 250 GB of Internet usage, you can continue:
• Downloading more of your favourite music
• Uploading more photos and videos
• Streaming more online content like TV shows and movies, and so much more

Best of all, you don’t need to do a thing – the extra 250 GB is yours to enjoy each month. Extra usage is just one more way we’re dedicated to bringing you the best Internet experience possible.

Some conditions apply. See full details.*

*Current as of May 10, 2013. Available to current residential Internet customers in Québec and Ontario with an account in good standing and who receive this email, where access and technology permit. Subject to change without notice; not combinable with other offers. Taxes and restrictions apply. Depending on your Internet plan, the usage exceeding the additional 250 GB/mo. will be up to $2.50/additional GB (max. $80/mo.). Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.