Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1472 posts
171 upvotes
Barrie
if anyone is looking to signup as a new customer for multiple services pm me...i'll give you a rep's contact info.
Jul 13, 2009
790 posts
95 upvotes
Me too please tylerc.

Rogers is being annoying by refusing to transfer me to retentions or offering me anything decent willingly. Making the customer jump through hoops must be their motto.
Cell plans - anything more than $10/gb is a ripoff.
Oct 19, 2005
222 posts
40 upvotes
tylerc wrote:
May 11th, 2013 8:26 am
if anyone is looking to signup as a new customer for multiple services pm me...i'll give you a rep's contact info.
Does your rep offer anything decent for just Internet? If so please PM.
Mar 16, 2013
1 posts
alanbrenton wrote:
May 8th, 2013 2:13 pm
Coincidentally, I think they were offering it at the Source at 200 Bay Street, Toronto -- permanent deal for about that monthly fee good for 100 GB. Is yours 100 GB?

I will move to Electronic Box if I don't get some discount before my promo period ends.
I was at The Source yesterday (downtown Toronto) and offered $40/M (all in), permanent (not 6 months or 12 months), joint with Bell Phone service, 100 GB. However, I want to check out other stores to confirm this offer. Sounds too good to be true. I would be interested to hear if other people on this board receive similar deals.
Apr 16, 2013
4 posts
alanbrenton wrote:
May 10th, 2013 10:16 pm
I just got this in my inbox this evening and it may help:

Great news! The extra 250 GB of usage you’ve been enjoying each month with your Bell Internet service is now being extended for as long as you remain on your current Internet plan.

With the extra 250 GB of Internet usage, you can continue:
• Downloading more of your favourite music
• Uploading more photos and videos
• Streaming more online content like TV shows and movies, and so much more

Best of all, you don’t need to do a thing – the extra 250 GB is yours to enjoy each month. Extra usage is just one more way we’re dedicated to bringing you the best Internet experience possible.

Some conditions apply. See full details.*

*Current as of May 10, 2013. Available to current residential Internet customers in Québec and Ontario with an account in good standing and who receive this email, where access and technology permit. Subject to change without notice; not combinable with other offers. Taxes and restrictions apply. Depending on your Internet plan, the usage exceeding the additional 250 GB/mo. will be up to $2.50/additional GB (max. $80/mo.). Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Alanbrenton and TypeVR6,

Could you provide any other details about what province you are in/what previous plan you were on exactly/what price you were paying and what you will be paying going forward? I'm trying to figure out if the 8 month student discounts are worth it, because once they come up with new student promotions the following summer, they can play the "these new offers are for new customers only" card.

See other thread about those promos: hot-bell-student-internet-deals-fall-qc ... st16675064

Thanks!!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
48985 posts
14428 upvotes
boigsy wrote:
May 19th, 2013 4:41 pm
Alanbrenton and TypeVR6,

Could you provide any other details about what province you are in/what previous plan you were on exactly/what price you were paying and what you will be paying going forward? I'm trying to figure out if the 8 month student discounts are worth it, because once they come up with new student promotions the following summer, they can play the "these new offers are for new customers only" card.

See other thread about those promos: hot-bell-student-internet-deals-fall-qc ... st16675064

Thanks!!
Boigsy, I'm in Ontario and I'm on the "student" plan with 390 GB per month and on the 25/10. Monthly fee is currently $52.95 ($14 discount ends in July or August) and I was told to call in early July to find out if they have promotional offers. If I cannot avail of the same discount, I will likely move to Electronic Box.
Jul 4, 2006
366 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond hill
tylerc wrote:
May 11th, 2013 8:26 am
hey tylerc, your PM is full...
please PM me with the rep's contact.

thanks
Dec 8, 2006
566 posts
132 upvotes
iDaggerPwn wrote:
Apr 30th, 2013 7:10 pm
I am currently not with Bell and I thought they would have better promotions for new customers.
Contacted Bell this afternoon and was also offered Fibe 25 for $43 / month as long as you stay with them. No contract.

Was hoping for may a month or two free so I can test their services in my area.
Oh well, guess I am staying with Rogers for now...
Who do you guys call? 310 Bell? I called the 1877 number above earlier but was offered 30% off instead for 12 months. Works out to about the same price but I just dont want to have to call back again when I can just get a permanent offer..
Jul 3, 2002
204 posts
45 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
May 10th, 2013 10:16 pm
I just got this in my inbox this evening and it may help:

Great news! The extra 250 GB of usage you’ve been enjoying each month with your Bell Internet service is now being extended for as long as you remain on your current Internet plan.

With the extra 250 GB of Internet usage, you can continue:
• Downloading more of your favourite music
• Uploading more photos and videos
• Streaming more online content like TV shows and movies, and so much more

Best of all, you don’t need to do a thing – the extra 250 GB is yours to enjoy each month. Extra usage is just one more way we’re dedicated to bringing you the best Internet experience possible.

Some conditions apply. See full details.*

*Current as of May 10, 2013. Available to current residential Internet customers in Québec and Ontario with an account in good standing and who receive this email, where access and technology permit. Subject to change without notice; not combinable with other offers. Taxes and restrictions apply. Depending on your Internet plan, the usage exceeding the additional 250 GB/mo. will be up to $2.50/additional GB (max. $80/mo.). Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.

I am currently on student plan but didn't get this email. I called in to confirm this and Bell has no idea what I am talking about. Could somebody else also confirm whether this emailed to them as well? Wondering is this a targetted promotion.

Thanks
Sep 2, 2011
136 posts
35 upvotes
KANATA
So I was on the student plan as well. started in Sept., so the 8 months are up. It's now 66.95 for 25/25, 125GB- the thing is it still says we have 390GB in our package! I am wondering If I should call in as well, and see what better deal we can get. New users looks like they are offering 50/10 with 175GB for 49.95 for 6 months. I wouldn't mind doing that and then in the fall seeing what the student deal is again! Don't think we could do the 25/10 with 100GB as we'd probably go over unless we were really careful!

Thoughts?
I need to get the account name change first as the one who used to be in charge left and didn't change the name on the account.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
48985 posts
14428 upvotes
goaliegirl6060 wrote:
May 27th, 2013 11:51 am
So I was on the student plan as well. started in Sept., so the 8 months are up. It's now 66.95 for 25/25, 125GB- the thing is it still says we have 390GB in our package! I am wondering If I should call in as well, and see what better deal we can get. New users looks like they are offering 50/10 with 175GB for 49.95 for 6 months. I wouldn't mind doing that and then in the fall seeing what the student deal is again! Don't think we could do the 25/10 with 100GB as we'd probably go over unless we were really careful!

Thoughts?
I need to get the account name change first as the one who used to be in charge left and didn't change the name on the account.
Too bad 50/10 isn't offered where I live but 25/10 is okay since we don't do a lot of streaming TV anyway.

I received that email about retaining the extra 250 GB on May 10 by the way.
Sep 2, 2011
136 posts
35 upvotes
KANATA
alanbrenton wrote:
May 27th, 2013 11:55 am
Too bad 50/10 isn't offered where I live but 25/10 is okay since we don't do a lot of streaming TV anyway.

I received that email about retaining the extra 250 GB on May 10 by the way.
Yeah see we do a good amount of streaming, since we don't have cable. 175GB should be enough though, if we are not catching full seasons of shows, or the boys aren't gaming 24/7 haha.

Do you think the upload 10 vs. 25 would make any difference? I would assume not really- but I have no idea!

If I have some free time I'll call, but I hate being on hold all the time haha
Jan 26, 2011
201 posts
236 upvotes
anyone called in recently know whether the 25/10 deal for 43.95 (39.95 after bundle) still on? thanks!
Sep 22, 2012
28 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I just got the deal today by chatting with a rep on Bell.ca $43.95(on going)+$30(unlimited)
Anyway, I ended up with Rogers by paying $260+tax early cancellation fee. Ouch!
Melkorbane wrote:
May 28th, 2013 8:15 am
anyone called in recently know whether the 25/10 deal for 43.95 (39.95 after bundle) still on? thanks!