Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Aug 17, 2013
6 posts
3 upvotes
New Westminster
Existing Shaw looking for better deal for Internet and TV.
New Westminster, BC
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4593 posts
777 upvotes
Montreal
So my 1 year $39 Bell Fibe Internet 5/1 (265 GB) is coming to an end so I was wondering if there was a similar deal being offered at the moment.

I wouldn't need more than 200 GB/month and my landline is with Bell as well if that helps.

Thanks so much in advance! :) :)
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1838 posts
204 upvotes
What's the best price people are getting on FibeTV?

Currently I'm still on the old 3 theme package with time shifting and paying $50 + tax

I'd likely need the better bundle if I switched, anyone paying around that?

Looks like I'm getting ripped on the net though. 53 bucks for 15/10 with 150 gigs.
Dec 28, 2010
28 posts
3 upvotes
I'm a Rogers customer, and they're doing nothing to keep our business -- wondering what Bell has to offer. I currently have Rogers Digital VIP HD + Extreme + Home Phone Choice for something insane like 240/month. The rental charges for my TVs (2) are $26 before taxes. I know I can find better.

Can someone hit me up with an offer I can use?
Aug 23, 2013
981 posts
255 upvotes
Scarborough
So I just got this deal for my Bell Internet after Upgrading.

50/10 - 49.95 after $4 bundle discount. The bell representative said 49.95 even after the first 6 months and this is on-going? Never had this on-going thing applied before.

Is this true? This is the first time I have had such a deal with Bell. I just hope it doesn't switch to original price after 6 months. The representative said it won't and all you will pay for it will be 49.95. Based on what other people has gotten in this thread, this type of discounts/promo's are normal?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4881 posts
886 upvotes
Thornhill
Bleachway wrote:
Aug 24th, 2013 5:45 pm

50/10 - 49.95 after $4 bundle discount. The bell representative said 49.95 even after the first 6 months and this is on-going? Never had this on-going thing applied before.

Is this true? This is the first time I have had such a deal with Bell. I just hope it doesn't switch to original price after 6 months. The representative said it won't and all you will pay for it will be 49.95. Based on what other people has gotten in this thread, this type of discounts/promo's are normal?
Probably you get like 100GB at the most.

Bell Student deal is the best right now as it's around 45+tax for 375GB for 25/10 I don't think any company can beat that. It's usually 12 months,but this year Bell extended everyone who already signed up for indefinitely(I think), as long as you keep your package.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2006
1263 posts
87 upvotes
Bleachway wrote:
Aug 24th, 2013 5:45 pm

I've been on the same deal for a few months. Added $10 unlimited to is to make it $59 ongoing.
Aug 23, 2013
981 posts
255 upvotes
Scarborough
dazz wrote:
Aug 25th, 2013 1:21 am
Probably you get like 100GB at the most.

Bell Student deal is the best right now as it's around 45+tax for 375GB for 25/10 I don't think any company can beat that. It's usually 12 months,but this year Bell extended everyone who already signed up for indefinitely(I think), as long as you keep your package.
I get 175GB a Month since it's 50/10. Could not get the Student Plan as it was only for new Bell Internet Customers but snatched this deal instead.
sunnyd71 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2013 9:02 am
I've been on the same deal for a few months. Added $10 unlimited to is to make it $59 ongoing.
Only thing is, I need three services so I can get that $10 unlimited add-on, but I plan to see if I can pull for that or something better without having to get 3 services.
Nov 11, 2010
305 posts
45 upvotes
GTA
I was on their student plan and was paying 53$ + tax for Fibe 25/10 with around 400 GB or so. As this was about to expire, called retentions and was offered $16.09 off their $66.95 price which was around $51. They also gave me unlimited BW for another $10, despite not having all three services (I have home phone). Overall, My bill will go up by 5 bucks per month, which is not bad, considering that I now have unlimited. The price/promotion is good for one year.
Sep 24, 2004
187 posts
36 upvotes
East York
Looks like new internet and phone increases coming earlier this year. From my latest Bell bill.
Important – Messages for September (2)
Open/close
Internet
Important - Please note that effective November 1, 2013, the monthly price of your Internet service will increase by $3. Price adjustments support our continued investments in network, product and service enhancements. Learn more at bell.ca/evenbetter. At any time, if you have questions or wish to add, modify, cancel or extend services, please call us at 310-BELL (2355).
Home phone
Important - Please note that effective November 1, 2013, the monthly price of your Home phone package will increase by $2.01. Price adjustments support our continued investments in network, product and service enhancements. Learn more at bell.ca/evenbetter. At any time, if you have questions or wish to add, modify, cancel or extend services, please call us at 310-BELL (2355).
Jul 23, 2006
579 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Heh.. Looks like Verizon deal backfired on us. Instead of price drops, it's increases.. Lovely

My 8 month student package is almost up. Time to start hunting for a new provider.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1326 posts
110 upvotes
Just call and get the student plan 25/10 with unlimited for 8 month @54.95 + tax. and there no charge for modem and installation.
anyone think that is good deal? cause i don't have home phone and TV with them
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4881 posts
886 upvotes
Thornhill
leadersuper699 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2013 12:07 pm
Just call and get the student plan 25/10 with unlimited for 8 month @54.95 + tax. and there no charge for modem and installation.
anyone think that is good deal? cause i don't have home phone and TV with them

I am paying 50 taxes in...

PS. People who still have home phone and pay $20/month for it are cavemen and deserve any increases...