Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] 50% Off Bell internet for the next 12months, no contract

Feb 14, 2003
274 posts
94 upvotes
Thanks OP. Followed the instructions, called bell, and it worked. Took the scenic route, as the rep asked me about my other services that I currently have (with other providers) and tried to convince me that I don't need the overage insurance since i have never gone over my limit (lol, because its $2/gb). But still got the deal in the end.
Nov 22, 2007
79 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
hurley_bernard wrote: NOTE: This post is pretty wordy so I hope you have thick skin if you're going to read on...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to express my discontent with the OP and all you other **** (yes *****) that are still with Bell.

You guys are like sheep, they offer you a somewhat worthwhile deal, and you follow, like sheep to the slaughter.

Why do you even think they are able to offer you these mediocre deals? Its to make sure you don't bail and go to TekSavy and Acanac.

Rewind 2-3 years, you think they would have offered you this deal considering the only other competition was like Rogers? Hell no.

By staying with Bell, you are continually pushing $s into their pocket, which in turn hinders the other providers from gettign a better market share.

Please educate yourselves, vote with your wallet, do not accept mediocre deals like this and switch.

Sure the other providers may not be as fast as Fibe 25, but at least they support the full scope of the web and won't hinder your experience with data caps.

I'd bet money that all the people raving and signing up for these deals are worthless ******* who use the internet for browsing and checking e-mail. No self respecting sub 40 year old would fall for this shady tactics as all subscribers basically support Bell's usage billing.

Keep it **** keep accepting these mediocre retention deals and we'll be back to square 1 with Overage charges of $50-$100 with monthly bills for $100+...

*sigh... end rant*

I wish I was able to unthank the OP for posting this worthless post and hurting the interests of all Canadian consumers.
You are totally entitled to your opinion and/or your apparent anger but I have a simple question for you before I can reply to any or all of your points written in your post and that is; Why don't you state your geographic location ? rather than what's posted as "Classified" You might be surprised to find out that this makes a difference. Or are you employed by the CIA, CSIS, etc ?
May 31, 2007
102 posts
54 upvotes
I just called Bell, spoke to a retentions lady.

She gave me the Fibe6 with total 65GB limit for $23.47 before taxes and the bundle discount.

I also called in for another account with the same lady and I got Fibe16 with total 125GB limit for $33.47 before taxes and the bundle discount.

I was paying full price for both of these services and paying additional monies for the 40GB. On top of that I was in a contract for both of the services.

Thanks OP!!
Dec 18, 2008
64 posts
2 upvotes
wysiwyg wrote: Best of all, I need to have my modem replaced so they will ship me their latest model. I don't know why as I have the Alcatel, but I've been wanting their newer model anyhow.

I have been a Bell customer for about 12 years and I hate them. However in my area there is no alternative. The biggest problems I encountered was after they made me change my Alcatel modem. I had no problems with that one, but the new white model modem has been replaced 4 times. I would hang on to that alcatel if I were you.

I was paying for fibe 25 but found out that it wasn't downloading at the speed and nobody could figure out why. I even had someone tell me it was my house that was the problem. I wondered why there could be internet access off the street in front of someone's house or business but my house couldn't even provide service to the computers 20 feet away. They had no answer for that. So I was downgraded to fine 12, and I still have problems but I pay almost $70 a month for the service. I am going to try to get the 50% off.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2011
183 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
capjap wrote: I have been a Bell customer for about 12 years and I hate them. However in my area there is no alternative. The biggest problems I encountered was after they made me change my Alcatel modem. I had no problems with that one, but the new white model modem has been replaced 4 times. I would hang on to that alcatel if I were you.

I was paying for fibe 25 but found out that it wasn't downloading at the speed and nobody could figure out why. I even had someone tell me it was my house that was the problem. I wondered why there could be internet access off the street in front of someone's house or business but my house couldn't even provide service to the computers 20 feet away. They had no answer for that. So I was downgraded to fine 12, and I still have problems but I pay almost $70 a month for the service. I am going to try to get the 50% off.

same, i seem to be getting 20mbs when im paying for 25mb
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9360 posts
867 upvotes
moevsworld wrote: same, i seem to be getting 20mbs when im paying for 25mb

^ Either its your distance to the CO or your router can only handle 20mbps... upgrade to an N router if that's the case, G routers don't cut it for Fibe 25.
Mar 6, 2006
101 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks OP...got Fibe25 + 40GB insurance + modem + home phone lite with 2 features for $47+tax
Jul 7, 2007
330 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP. Just called in to Bell and asked about any promotions. He didn't know about the 50% off deal but in the end I lowered my bill by another $25. Now I pay around $35 after taxes for Bell Performance and HD TV (basic + 1 sports package) with free PVR
[OP]
Sep 23, 2011
183 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
mcg wrote: ^ Either its your distance to the CO or your router can only handle 20mbps... upgrade to an N router if that's the case, G routers don't cut it for Fibe 25.

I'm like 30 feet from the box. and i use the sagecom modem
Aug 11, 2009
710 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
JamieO wrote: Thanks OP. Just called in to Bell and asked about any promotions. He didn't know about the 50% off deal but in the end I lowered my bill by another $25. Now I pay around $35 after taxes for Bell Performance and HD TV (basic + 1 sports package) with free PVR

for both TV and Internet? Wow, how did you manage to make it that low?
no external links allowed
Jul 7, 2007
330 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Rockin_Zombie wrote: for both TV and Internet? Wow, how did you manage to make it that low?

I have no idea. I talk to a rep originally back in July and the rep just added a bunch of discounts on my tv but none on my Internet. Called back today and the rep said I have no discounts on the Internet and offered $5 off. I asked if there was anything he could do to lower it some more and he said he could drop it by another $15 since I'm a student. So I pay $27.95 for fibe6 and $5 for tv
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3000 posts
768 upvotes
Toronto
hurley_bernard wrote: NOTE: This post is pretty wordy so I hope you have thick skin if you're going to read on...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to express my discontent with the OP and all you other **** (yes *****) that are still with Bell.

You guys are like sheep, they offer you a somewhat worthwhile deal, and you follow, like sheep to the slaughter.

Why do you even think they are able to offer you these mediocre deals? Its to make sure you don't bail and go to TekSavy and Acanac.

Rewind 2-3 years, you think they would have offered you this deal considering the only other competition was like Rogers? Hell no.

By staying with Bell, you are continually pushing $s into their pocket, which in turn hinders the other providers from gettign a better market share.

Please educate yourselves, vote with your wallet, do not accept mediocre deals like this and switch.

Sure the other providers may not be as fast as Fibe 25, but at least they support the full scope of the web and won't hinder your experience with data caps.

I'd bet money that all the people raving and signing up for these deals are worthless ******* who use the internet for browsing and checking e-mail. No self respecting sub 40 year old would fall for this shady tactics as all subscribers basically support Bell's usage billing.

Keep it **** keep accepting these mediocre retention deals and we'll be back to square 1 with Overage charges of $50-$100 with monthly bills for $100+...

*sigh... end rant*

I wish I was able to unthank the OP for posting this worthless post and hurting the interests of all Canadian consumers.

Something is seriously wrong with you... you shouldn't care that much about where OTHER people get their internet services.

:facepalm:
Dec 9, 2007
50 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, OP! I called on Thursday and got 50% off Fibe 16 with a free upgrade to the 7mb upstream and an additional 120GB of usage (for a total of 195GB). My bill is going to be around $45 a month for the year. She even told me to be sure and call back next year to try getting the deal again. lol.

An additional note for anyone who is looking to get FibeTV, which is one of the only reasons why I stuck with Bell internet instead of switching to TekSavvy... If you get this deal from the Internet department and then call to order FibeTV, ensure that the TV rep knows that you are getting this deal on your internet and that adding FibeTV isn't going to affect it at all. When the internet rep transferred me to TV, the TV rep tried to pull one over on me. After telling him what TV package I wanted and going through the motions with him, he gave me a total monthly price that didn't sound right. When I asked him to break it down for me, he quoted the full price of the Fibe 16 internet ($61.99). I explained to him about the deal I had *just* got through retentions and he said "oh, no, sorry. The internet you get with FibeTV is slightly different than the regular internet. So if you want the TV, you won't get the same deal."

I balked at this and explained to him it's still "Fibe" internet and that everything on the FibeTV website sounds exactly like the same thing I'm getting. He just kept saying "no, it's not, but it's better, don't worry!" I told him "sorry, but that kills the deal for me. Never mind." Needless to say, when I called back an hour later and spoke with a different rep and told her what the last rep said she said "um, no. He must be misinformed," and even made a "huge note" on my account that I will be getting the 50% off deal.

tl;dr -- TV rep tried to tell me I couldn't keep my 50% off internet package by adding TV. Other TV rep proved he was dumb.
I have a weird thing for girls who say 'aboot'.
Jan 10, 2008
127 posts
12 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote: Something is seriously wrong with you... you shouldn't care that much about where OTHER people get their internet services.

:facepalm:

People care about it because you guys are screwing everyone when you continue to support an outfit like Bell. It just makes it easier for them to get what they had back, a monopoly and that is ultimately what they want. Bell could give me free service and I would turn it down. Their deals turn into crap 12 months down the road when you find yourself right back where you started or often worse than before. I am Bell free and intend to keep it that way, life is too short to put up with the stress brought on by dealing with Bell.
Aug 11, 2009
710 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
johnnydoe1894 wrote: People care about it because you guys are screwing everyone when you continue to support an outfit like Bell. It just makes it easier for them to get what they had back, a monopoly and that is ultimately what they want. Bell could give me free service and I would turn it down. Their deals turn into crap 12 months down the road when you find yourself right back where you started or often worse than before. I am Bell free and intend to keep it that way, life is too short to put up with the stress brought on by dealing with Bell.

I have a question to you (or any other heavily opposing bell), where do you get your TV service from? And if you have TV, how much are you paying for TV and Internet together? This is the main reason I didn't go to any third party ISP, I wanted HD TV with PVR, and bell fibe+internet combo was the cheapest option (I wish I had shaw here, no coverage).
no external links allowed