Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2003
1686 posts
146 upvotes
Scarborough
blackston3 wrote: Hey guys, CALL THE STORE FOR PICK UP

I think they've been given the OK from HQ to accept 50% by phones.

Just called 2 stores and they both said to come in and order at the cashier, they will honor it
You actually got through? I keep getting a busy signal at my closest locations.
Ever wanted to shoot guns legally? See here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ever-wan ... n-1185701/
Public Mobile $10/month plan
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12040 posts
2191 upvotes
Mississauga
I love that this thread has become the digital version of the infamous Popeye's ad that was posted on the first few pages. KFC has the chicken, but they just won't sell it to you!
Jan 5, 2018
59 posts
59 upvotes
stuck at food builder page

well F***
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Jul 20, 2012
205 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
blackston3 wrote: Hey guys, CALL THE STORE FOR PICK UP

I think they've been given the OK from HQ to accept 50% by phones.

Just called 2 stores and they both said to come in and order at the cashier, they will honor it
My store in Ottawa says it can only be via online. I've tried the english line for customer support, the automated response was the website is down. I've called the french line, and an actual employee said it has to be made by online and there's nothing they can do about it.

This promo is so poorly done...
Jan 5, 2018
59 posts
59 upvotes
i wish i order twice when it was working two hours ago.
instead i just have one package of 20 pieces family feast.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1118 posts
1197 upvotes
Vancouver
On my way to home after work, I stopped at the Fraser and E Broadway location. I showed the girl my phone still tried to load the page after 4 hours. She offered me 50% off of my order. Doesn't hurt to try if you can get to a store.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1657 posts
476 upvotes
Ottawa
Ordering system was really messed up, first order I put in this morning for pickup gave me an coupon invalid error so I didn't bother. Tried again an hour later and the order went through and received an e-mail confirmation. Checked my CC and there were two pending charges ... Called CS who directed me to call the store as they had no visibility into the orders (RFD effect), manager said they only received one order. So I'll be keeping my eye on my statement balance for the next few days while everything processes (including all this fried chicken lol).

As for the chicken itself I got a mix of larger and smaller pieces this time around (compared to the typical Colonel's deals for 8 or 12 pieces). Thighs are definitely split but the rib pieces are decently sized, didn't see too many wings in the bucket. If you compare it to store bought fried chicken (Loblaws 9 piece for $10), 25 pieces according to the way KFC cuts them now is roughly two birds. Add in two boxes of fries, 3 salads and a gravy for $10 more that's about what you'd pay in a grocery store if not a bit more for the sides.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3903 posts
1523 upvotes
So it wasn't just me having issues with the website lol, I gave up after I realized it was a delivery order and I don't really need chicken, was hoping I could pick it up at the KFC at the food court I was already sitting in

But it's a shitshow for all?
Apr 29, 2018
12 posts
5 upvotes
calling in store for them to honor it depends on if the store manager will allow it. in my case all of **** etobicoke kfc's are run by [...] who dont give a shit
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 26th, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported for inappropriate comment
Dec 1, 2017
229 posts
178 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
Although some stores are being reasonable and honouring the 50% CM deal, KFQ HQ will not officially inform franchisees to honour the promo because they want users to sign up online and get their valuable customer info.

Edit: So what you do is show on your phone that you have signed up and have ordered and have been stuck for hours..

1 866-KFC-4-YOU <-- Is this KFC's way of telling us off?
Last edited by MercHuntIsle on Nov 26th, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Jan 5, 2018
59 posts
59 upvotes
Dannyshaq wrote: calling in store for them to honor it depends on if the store manager will allow it. in my case all of **** etobicoke kfc's are run by [...] who dont give a shit
funny story with etobicoke kfc. there is a kfc mixed with taco bell. wanted to get $1 EXTRA after buying a KFC combo for a taco and they said they can't mix taco bell and kfc shit.
da ****. every other store allows it except this store? why even have two store in one building if you are not going to allow a mix? Wtf.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 26th, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
May 10, 2007
949 posts
214 upvotes
Etobicoke
jenneth wrote: funny story with etobicoke kfc. there is a kfc mixed with taco bell. wanted to get $1 EXTRA after buying a KFC combo for a taco and they said they can't mix taco bell and kfc shit.
da ****. every other store allows it except this store? why even have two store in one building if you are not going to allow a mix? Wtf.
Dundas location?
Dec 17, 2017
207 posts
112 upvotes
In what step of ordering KFC online does it give you the option of picking up at the store? I'm tempted to use the store address
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1887 posts
620 upvotes
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 4.57.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 4.57.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 4.59.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 5.00.02 PM.png

KFC website sucks. Use the postal code and then type in your address from there.
The next page have the options for pick up.
Last edited by story on Nov 26th, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 20, 2013
84 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto, ON
896 Burnhamthorpe Rd W in Mississauga is honoring the 50% in store. No orders over the phone, just go in.

It's a little busy and it's not the fastest service at the moment, but there's only 2 people working and they're doing the best they can. That being said, wtf KFC, way to short staff your stores.

Edit: A ton of people came in when I left, I imagine that'll slow things down a lot... Lots of people are being rude and angry, so just a reminder that the customer service person isn't at fault for all of this. They didn't make the website or decide to be short staffed, and pissing them off is going to make service even worse.
Last edited by Husbamf on Nov 26th, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2034 posts
2250 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Husbamf wrote: 896 Burnhamthorpe Rd W in Mississauga is honoring the 50% in store. No orders over the phone, just go in.

It's a little busy and it's not the fastest service at the moment, but there's only 2 people working and they're doing the best they can. That being said, wtf KFC, way to short staff your stores.
KFC has been so unpopular lately that even HQ believed it and never foresaw such a demand
Dec 17, 2017
207 posts
112 upvotes
I appreciate you taking the time to do the screenshots.

I guess it's a local thing here in Edmonton. The two stores near me don't deliver or do pick up at all. Then the two I found that is 3 KM and 6 KM away only gives the option of delivery. Where you have the two options for delivery or pick with the estimated times, it only shows the delivery option for me. No pick up option.

So I used the address of the store LOL and just go there to pick up.

Thanks again for doing the screenshots!
story wrote: Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 4.57.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 4.57.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 4.59.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 5.00.02 PM.png

KFC website sucks. Use the postal code and then type in your address from there.
The next page have the options for pick up.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5953 posts
599 upvotes
Vancouver
Ordered around noon for 4pm pickup. It is the best tasting KFC I have had for a long time. Went for the hot & spicy and it was way better than original. Sizes are fair. Still hot and crispy. I wouldn't pay full price for the 20pc bucket. Thanks OP.