Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

50% off HID Kits - HIDExtra

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2012 1:34 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2005
1345 posts
188 upvotes
coolfahad76 wrote: I think im going to buy the 8000k H11 for the mazda 3 2010. This is my first time doing this...i'm usually pretty good with DIY's. Is there any tutorial that i can follow or does it come with it some kind of instructions? Do I need any tools?
Please don't do 8000k. The mazda's projectors do a decent job of keeping the glare down, but use a more white light. If you still want a bit of blue go 6500k. 8000k actually puts less light on the road
Nov 23, 2012
3 posts
1 upvote
Halifax
WJCraig wrote: Yup. It's only a matter of time until someone causes an accident and finds out their insurance won't cover them because of illegal modifications made to their vehicle...

Except that 99.9999999% of people don't do it properly. So they end up blinding everyone else on the road, they make their car look stupid, and they have an inefficient, unfocused beam of light. I have seen a few people who have done it correctly, and it's quite a labor intensive process...proper lenses, proper cutoffs, etc...

Even when done correctly it's still illegal...luckily for most people who have done this, it is very rarely enforced.
You need a projector headlight assembly. It's not illegal because cars are being manufactured with them as stock.
It's just these dumb kids who put them in their old civics with no projectors and the light just gets scattered.

Anyway, thanks for the deal. I'm going to order me a set!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1787 posts
179 upvotes
Does anyone have this in a BMW or cars that produces error codes for putting a different bulb?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
273 upvotes
Kitchener
bendak wrote: Hopefully those shipping charges keep more of these off the road :P
+1

Shipping and RCMP. I was blinded by an a***le last week at 5PM .

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Dec 21, 2009
803 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought these kits before And found that they flicker. Bad quality and had bulbs burnt out quick.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
coolfahad76 wrote: I think im going to buy the 8000k H11 for the mazda 3 2010. This is my first time doing this...i'm usually pretty good with DIY's. Is there any tutorial that i can follow or does it come with it some kind of instructions? Do I need any tools?
gets 4300k bulbs and 35 watt ballasts.

hook up the ballast to the same connector that goes to your H11 bulbs and then hook up the hid bulbs to the ballast. easy as that..
Aug 25, 2006
836 posts
166 upvotes
tnguyenviet wrote: Please if anyone is buying - have it aligned PROPERLY.

Also - if you drive any 4x4 or SUV.... and don't have projector housing, good god do us a favour and stay away from these.. You have no idea how BAD it is for sedan/coupe drivers at night with your Sh*t reflecting and lighting up our entire car.
+1 hate those 4x4 or SUV who changed to HID. Most of them don't have cutoff in the housing. If you are going have to do it please use 35W. 55W is way too bright and blind everybody.

I find that all Tow Truck changed to HID. Many has those glass housing and their light is everywhere.
Dec 17, 2010
257 posts
86 upvotes
Winnipeg
TheSalesman wrote: I bought these kits before And found that they flicker. Bad quality and had bulbs burnt out quick.
Did the kit come with a relay harness that you can use to hook the lights up directly to your battery? I understand that flickering could be caused by not enough constant power to the lights, and a relay harness would prevent this problem which could increase the life of the hid's.. Or it could just be bad quality ballasts or bulbs.

Through reading several car boards in the states it seems as though most people swear by http://www.ddmtuning.com hid kits for reliability/decent price. Cost of shipping to Canada is about $20 more for me though than this site for one kit. I don't think I currently want to go through the hassle of installing HID's even though I recently bought projector headlights.

For anyone that knows more about HIDs than I do: If I have projector headlights (not stock reflectors) that are made for halogen bulbs I understand that the combination of the cut-off, housing and proper aiming of the lights will prevent me from blinding people if I do choose to put HIDs in them. Although technically it is still illegal to use the HIDs even if I'm not blinding other vehicles. Is this all correct?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
The kit does indicate it comes with all the related wiring specific to one's vehicle but I too am wondering if one needs the relay harness or capacitor set that comes up as an add-on when you add the item to your cart.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
It's fairly straightforward. 2 pins connect to the socket coming from the car and 4 connectors go from the ballast and harness. Fairly simple.

You can't mess it up. You may get the 2 pins wrong at first but you'll figure it out. Also you need to figure out a spot to mount the ballast. If you don't have empty space behind the headlight area then forget about HID kits.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
gmark2000 wrote: The kit does indicate it comes with all the related wiring specific to one's vehicle but I too am wondering if one needs the relay harness or capacitor set that comes up as an add-on when you add the item to your cart.
Nope not needed.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
How long do the 5000k(factory white) bulbs last? More than a couple years or are these a year at most?
Dec 17, 2010
257 posts
86 upvotes
Winnipeg
gmark2000 wrote: The kit does indicate it comes with all the related wiring specific to one's vehicle but I too am wondering if one needs the relay harness or capacitor set that comes up as an add-on when you add the item to your cart.
From what I read it entirely depends on your car's wiring that goes to the headlights. If getting a 55w HIDs (apparently overkill for most applications) then it's more likely you'll need it since there's a higher chance of overloading/overheating the wiring that powers your headlights. I'd look up a forum for the model of car your thinking of putting them in and see if there are any threads on HID's. It would probably answer your question more specifically.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
ssjlancer wrote: How long do the 5000k(factory white) bulbs last? More than a couple years or are these a year at most?
Depends on how many times they are cycled (shut on and off). I expect 1-2 years.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Tempted to put a set in my fog lights... 3000k
Dec 21, 2009
803 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
I did not use a relay harness but I got ddm hid kits while I was down in Cali.
Switched them out and no flickering.
Also I still have a set of tspny kit on my car for years and also my friends. None have burnt out yet and good price too.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
hmm...I have an email asking to call since I'm having it drop shipped to avoid the nasty duties. It says they tried to call, but I have nothing in my call log...wierd.

Anyone else in the same boat? Stuck waiting until they open at 10 PST.
Nov 10, 2008
61 posts
DiamondsWithaZ wrote: You need a projector headlight assembly. It's not illegal because cars are being manufactured with them as stock.
It's just these dumb kids who put them in their old civics with no projectors and the light just gets scattered.

Anyway, thanks for the deal. I'm going to order me a set!
It's illegal unless that particular vehicle was originally equipped from the factory with HID lighting. Even if properly retrofit. Don't believe me, look it up in the motor vehicle act.

I don't necessarily agree with the law. I think if done properly it should be legal, however, currently, it is not.