Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

$50 Online Voucher When Spend $250 Or More On CostcoGrocery

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2021 10:43 am
[OP]
Mar 9, 2013
234 posts
518 upvotes

[Costco] $50 Online Voucher When Spend $250 Or More On CostcoGrocery

$50 Online Voucher When Spend $250 Or More On CostcoGrocery

Must enter code GROCERY721 at checkout

https://www.costco.ca/grocery-promo.html

$50 online voucher will be sent to member’s email address 2-4 business days after Costco.ca order has shipped.
34 replies
May 6, 2020
930 posts
929 upvotes
Recieve a $50 voucher when you spend $250 or more before taxes on Costco grocery items. Enter promo code GROCERY721 during checkout. Valid on orders placed 23jul to 25 Jul.
May 6, 2020
930 posts
929 upvotes
Oops didn't see that. Mods can you delete this as it is a repost
Oct 2, 2007
914 posts
422 upvotes
Montreal
Just tried it and got this : Promo code conditions have not been met. See promo code details or remove code to continue checking out. Anyone else?
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19921 posts
2692 upvotes
I am not even sure if this $50 would make up for the cost inflation of buying $250 items from Costco Grocery.

(For those unaware, all of the prices on Costco Grocery are marked up from the in-store prices, often very significantly - we're talking 20%-30% markup. If you were to buy $250 worth of things on Costco Grocery I would not be surprised at all to find the bill in-store to come out below $200). TL;DR - Costco Grocery is a ripoff.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Jun 7, 2013
448 posts
566 upvotes
GATINEAU
Spend $250 on Grocery items on Costco.ca and get a voucher for $50 for a future purchase.
Valid 23 July to 25 July 2021
Oct 6, 2020
612 posts
940 upvotes
brunes wrote: I am not even sure if this $50 would make up for the cost inflation of buying $250 items from Costco Grocery.

(For those unaware, all of the prices on Costco Grocery are marked up from the in-store prices, often very significantly - we're talking 20%-30% markup. If you were to buy $250 worth of things on Costco Grocery I would not be surprised at all to find the bill in-store to come out below $200). TL;DR - Costco Grocery is a ripoff.
No true....many things cost the exact same. Just a few examples...Kirkland Almond Butter, Redpath sugar, Kirkland Salt/Pepper...and many other things are only marked up 5-10%.......
Jun 7, 2013
448 posts
566 upvotes
GATINEAU
alexricher wrote: Just tried it and got this : Promo code conditions have not been met. See promo code details or remove code to continue checking out. Anyone else?
I'm getting this too... double checked and every item in my cart is a CostcoGrocery item
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19921 posts
2692 upvotes
teedomo88 wrote: No true....many things cost the exact same. Just a few examples...Kirkland Almond Butter, Redpath sugar, Kirkland Salt/Pepper...and many other things are only marked up 5-10%.......
I don't know the in-store prices of those somewhat-fringe items so I can't comment on if you are making a true or false statement, but all you have to do is go through the weekly flyer (which lists the in-store prices - https://www.costco.ca/coupons.html) to see the average markups are in the 20 - 30% range.

Kirkland Toilet Paper - in store, is $16.49. Costco Grocery, $21.49. Markup = 30%.
Lavazza Crema E Aroma Coffee, 1 kg - $10.99 vs 12.99, Markup = 18%
Ocean Spray Craisins - $9.49 vs $12.49, Markup = 31%
NaturSource Tamari Almonds, 950 g - $9.49 vs $11.49, Markup = 21%

I stopped there.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Oct 2, 2007
914 posts
422 upvotes
Montreal
TechJunk wrote: I'm getting this too... double checked and every item in my cart is a CostcoGrocery item
Same, everything was technicall Cotsco Groceries. Spent 30 min making this cart. Costco... ;)
Jun 7, 2013
448 posts
566 upvotes
GATINEAU
alexricher wrote: Same, everything was technicall Cotsco Groceries. Spent 30 min making this cart. Costco... ;)
I had to take out some Bounty Paper Towels, they show up as Costco Grocery but didn't apply.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12341 posts
118121 upvotes
Ontario
They’re usually 20-30% markup. Just ge the things on sale. Or heavy items like juices. There are other items that are cheaper than regular price
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Costco West | May 2 - 28| 109 pic
Dec 2, 2010
583 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
Also having an issue with the code. Everything is costco grocery and subtotal > $250. Guessing we will just need to wait until they fix it.

Edit: Tried adding another box of diapers and still didn't work way past the $250 threshold.

Edit 2: I called in and they basically said clear everything out and restart and that didn't work. So basically CS are just manually processing the coupon which will take 2-4 business days.
Last edited by blackstaffer on Jul 23rd, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 8, 2009
335 posts
808 upvotes
Toronto
The issue with the code is now fixed, I was having the same problem earlier but it worked now.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4347 posts
2923 upvotes
Ottawa
Lots of items are the same price. We buy regularly. Other poster is right, it's better for heavier items like almond milk boxes etc. I'm sure there's a markup on some items though, as I've seen it.

The convenience outweighs the cost mostly.
Mind you if you're spending 500-1k a run then cheaper to go for sure.
Under covid going out.
Time setting up to go there. Going there. Shopping. Waiting in line to pay, packing car. Driving home unpack car.
We drive 15min each way to the Costco.
So it's a 2 hr trip generally.
Personally I like going to the Costco but don't always have time.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2769 posts
1495 upvotes
brunes wrote: I am not even sure if this $50 would make up for the cost inflation of buying $250 items from Costco Grocery.

what's the value placed on not having to battle the hoards at the store? These groceries are delivered to your door.
Sep 9, 2007
342 posts
373 upvotes
Burlington
I have stopped buying such a big grocery now from Costco now.
Supporting shops that suffered a lot due to lockdown is important to keep economy healthy, in your area where you are living.
Jul 13, 2010
528 posts
178 upvotes
In try RFD spirit can individuals flag what products have minimal/no markup (as compared to in-store prices) to maximize the deal? Asking as I never used Costco grocery before.

I see that people already compared the monthly sale items as being ~30% more expensive but other users mentioned some items are below in-store prices.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
7244 posts
9552 upvotes
GTA
psnarang wrote: I have stopped buying such a big grocery now from Costco now.
Supporting shops that suffered a lot due to lockdown is important to keep economy healthy, in your area where you are living.
Grocery stores were never shut down, they remained open the entire time. It was the shops only selling non essentials that suffered (closed during the lockdowns).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)