• Nov 29th, 2017 11:10 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1789 posts
675 upvotes
Mississauga
kooltilltheen wrote: Anybody bought from this guy on eBay? This is by far and away the best price I've seen on the LG B7 55" anywhere (with LG's One Price program, extended warranty isn't really needed either - although I would've loved a mount + installation from say a Bestbuy or Visions but I can live without that)

"So close" to going through with this deal - just need someone to give me that last little push over the edge haha
Buy it if it's a good price. That's why people shop the black friday/boxing day deals. Call best buy geek squad to help you install the mount. Problem solved
Mar 31, 2017
889 posts
369 upvotes
Burnaby
Well its definitely the best deal on this TV that I've seen so far (55" B7 for under 2k after tax - even Costco can't match that!)

As for Best Buy Geek Squad...not a bad idea although given how much they (generally) charge, I'll have to rethink if that's a worthwhile option

Cheers for the reply!

p.s. my biggest concern is regarding the shipping - if the TV gets any cosmetic damages during shipping, I'm not sure what my options are then. Obviously LG won't cover that under their manufacturing and shipping back to the seller in Toronto (from Vancouver - my location) would be a ludicrous cost add-on that I refuse to absorb

I've reached out to the seller - hopefully he'll get back to me soon
Jan 24, 2007
185 posts
23 upvotes
andvruss wrote: Any hope for the 55" Hisense 4k HDR Roku being available at Costco for $499 again?

I bought one instore yesterday. Richmond, BC Costco
Jul 24, 2012
953 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
Ended up getting the Samsung 55" MU6500 for $749 at Costco, was only +$60 from the non-curved model.
Jan 21, 2007
275 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
I got the 55MU6290 from Loblaw for 699 no tax. Keeping it in the box if I can get it from the USA.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2009
1327 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Atchadev wrote: I am still debating between the Hisense and Vizio M55 at Costco. Is the $300 worthy if am not a gamer nor have much HRD contents to watch?
Can anyone comment on this? Currently deciding between these 2 TVs as well. Cheers
Aug 28, 2007
621 posts
269 upvotes
Thorold
If anyone else ordered from Dell, check your order status.

My Vizio M55 order went from estimated delivery December 1st to:

Estimated Delivery Date: 10/01/2018 (updated)
Feb 7, 2014
3 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
AmaranthLily wrote: I ordered Sony KD60X690E 60-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model) : https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0714M ... UTF8&psc=1 for $799.99 last night @ Amazon (no eco fee, plus taxes, at time of order - no delivery estimate but allowed to order...)

This is because we missed out on the Hisense 55H6607 55-in. Smart 4K LED TV @ Costco.ca for $499.99 the first time around...since it is available for order now again online...should I buy the Hisense TV instead (plus eco fee, plus taxes, can get $59.99 3 year warranty on top of Costco 2 year warranty, and can get $25 masterpass discount)?

Your wise RFD advice is very much appreciated. (This will be our living room TV - no cable, we have digital antenna to get free channels, will use to watch tv via internet (hard drive hooked up to current old TV), we don't have netflix or any andriod boxes).
I also ordered the Sony KD60X690E 60-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model) on Amazon for $799. I have not received a shipping date yet. Have you had any update on yours? I'm going to call and see if I can get more information. However, I doubt it.
Dec 19, 2007
270 posts
46 upvotes
Which one is the better TV?
The Hisense 55H6607 for $499 at Costco or the RCA 55" 4K ULTRA HD CURVED TV for $498 at Walmart?

Just looking for a TV for the room, I'll probably use it for Netflix and some light gaming on my PS4.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7296 posts
4774 upvotes
Canada
Anarchy wrote: Which one is the better TV?
The Hisense 55H6607 for $499 at Costco or the RCA 55" 4K ULTRA HD CURVED TV for $498 at Walmart?

Just looking for a TV for the room, I'll probably use it for Netflix and some light gaming on my PS4.
Hisense. Get the $29 5 year warranty from Costco as well
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Dec 19, 2007
270 posts
46 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: Hisense. Get the $29 5 year warranty from Costco as well
Do you think its worth it to pay the extra for the Vizio M55 at $797? I don't know much about either brand. But from the comments sounds like the Vizio is a great TV but looks kind of ugly (thick) and has really wide legs haha.
Sep 3, 2014
705 posts
690 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
Any comments on the 50” Toshiba at BestBuy?

Looking for a bedroom TV...
Nov 26, 2017
365 posts
374 upvotes
Montréal
Ordered Samsung 55inch MU6290 from BB yesterday. I got excited because there was no delivery fee. Usually it's around $50 for TVs larger TVs. Got the confirmation e-mail this morning saying that the TV will be shipped Dec 22. Disappointed But Relieved Face

I cancelled and ordered from The Source. Total is $789. There's a delivery fee that I don't want to pay, so I had it shipped to the store near me. I'll figure out how I'll get it home since I don't have a car. Used the $25 off code, and already got confirmation from Ebates ($14 cashback).

I'm a BF/CM newbie so this is already a good deal for me.
😄
Apr 8, 2017
25 posts
25 upvotes
Can anyone who bought the Samsung UNxxM6300 models comment on whether there are ads in the menus? I know the 55" inch model was hugely popular at Costco over the weekend judging by other peoples' carts, but I haven't seen too many user reviews on it, here at RFD. The 50" inch model has sold out in most or all GTA stores.

By most accounts, this series has pretty good ratings (bestbuy.com, rtings, people at avsforum seem to be fairly happy too), but I noticed on amazon.com there were 15% 1-star reviews for a variety of issues but mainly the software updates and ads. Now I don't know if Amazon just had a bad batch, because looking elsewhere I see good reviews of these tvs. If anyone can shed any insight that would be great. Thanks.
Jan 24, 2007
185 posts
23 upvotes
Anarchy wrote: Do you think its worth it to pay the extra for the Vizio M55 at $797? I don't know much about either brand. But from the comments sounds like the Vizio is a great TV but looks kind of ugly (thick) and has really wide legs haha.
I picked up the Hisense since that price difference was significant for me. Both have smart features do you don't have to pay more to get 4k / HDR content onto the screen right away.

The biggest difference is that the M55 is the most lowest price for TrueHDR right now (HDR10), anything cheaper is using 8-bit panels and the difference is quite noticeable. With that said, the HDR standard isn't quite done yet, Dolby Vision is out there which is kinda like HDR12 but that's still proprietary.

I would say, if you have the cash, the M55 is a solid investment. If you want to get into 4K, the Hisense will get you there. $300 is nothing to sneeze at.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)