• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 11:10 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 24, 2007
185 posts
23 upvotes
Anarchy wrote: Which one is the better TV?
The Hisense 55H6607 for $499 at Costco or the RCA 55" 4K ULTRA HD CURVED TV for $498 at Walmart?

Just looking for a TV for the room, I'll probably use it for Netflix and some light gaming on my PS4.
Hisense, not to mention that I don't think the RCA comes with any smart features meaning you need to pickup somethign that streams in 4k to see 4k Netflix.
Dec 19, 2007
270 posts
46 upvotes
Kaphis wrote: I picked up the Hisense since that price difference was significant for me. Both have smart features do you don't have to pay more to get 4k / HDR content onto the screen right away.

The biggest difference is that the M55 is the most lowest price for TrueHDR right now (HDR10), anything cheaper is using 8-bit panels and the difference is quite noticeable. With that said, the HDR standard isn't quite done yet, Dolby Vision is out there which is kinda like HDR12 but that's still proprietary.

I would say, if you have the cash, the M55 is a solid investment. If you want to get into 4K, the Hisense will get you there. $300 is nothing to sneeze at.
Very insightful - thanks so much! I'm just wondering if it's worth having true HDR right now. I'm literally just learning about it today as I haven't been in the market for a TV for a while, but does it matter if there isn't much content that will take advantage of it? I just remember my 3D TV was pretty useless since the 3D content was few and far in between, so I'm wondering if it's the same thing with HDR.

I'm kind of leaning towards the Hisense for now as a low-cost secondary TV and when my main TV craps out, spend more for a really nice TV. It feels like the M55 is great value but it's probably worth it to spend more for a more polished unit. I guess I have some things to consider. Thanks for the input!
Jan 24, 2007
185 posts
23 upvotes
Anarchy wrote: Very insightful - thanks so much! I'm just wondering if it's worth having true HDR right now. I'm literally just learning about it today as I haven't been in the market for a TV for a while, but does it matter if there isn't much content that will take advantage of it? I just remember my 3D TV was pretty useless since the 3D content was few and far in between, so I'm wondering if it's the same thing with HDR.

I'm kind of leaning towards the Hisense for now as a low-cost secondary TV and when my main TV craps out, spend more for a really nice TV. It feels like the M55 is great value but it's probably worth it to spend more for a more polished unit. I guess I have some things to consider. Thanks for the input!
Same kinda thoughts for me too. HDR looks amazing though and TrueHDR is really noticeable. But I currently don't have much 4K content or HDR content so I am happy with just the 4k bump. I am hoping to stay with my PS4 instead of upgrading to the pro as well. When the next gen of consoles come out, that will probably drive the decision to upgrade my TV again where ever HDR ends up being. I find HDR is popular in gaming.

Edit: I don't know if you would see this but hopefully this helps orders. I don't believe the R6 has True HDR but I am able to get my PS4 (regular) to display HDR content and the difference is noticeable. I believe it's a 8bit + FRC but it definitely "displays" it.
Last edited by Kaphis on Nov 27th, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 2, 2016
82 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
jordanwjamieson wrote: I also ordered the Sony KD60X690E 60-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model) on Amazon for $799. I have not received a shipping date yet. Have you had any update on yours? I'm going to call and see if I can get more information. However, I doubt it.
No, I did not get any new update yet. The order details still says :

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Please let me know if you get a more informative answer from Amazon when you call in. Thank you! :)
Feb 23, 2011
190 posts
175 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Guys where can I find a sony 60" X690E under $800?
Feb 7, 2014
3 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
AmaranthLily wrote: No, I did not get any new update yet. The order details still says :

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Please let me know if you get a more informative answer from Amazon when you call in. Thank you! :)
Here is the info they provided me with on the Amazon Chat: Rep: I can see here we don't have sufficient item inventory that's the reason It's going to delay.
No need to worry about this case I'll go ahead and contact our shipping team and request them to deliver your item quickly.

I was told I would receive a confirmation email within 24 hr. I feel like the guy was giving me the runaround. I'll be calling tomorrow if I don't get an update. I'd recommend calling to see if they will provide you with any other information. Fingers crossed we get an update soon.
Jan 24, 2007
185 posts
23 upvotes
andvruss wrote: Is there really much of a difference between this Hisense and the Roku one which was available last week? https://www.costco.ca/Hisense-55H6607-5 ... 92824.html
It has been almost impossible to find the R series specs right now. It's not anywhere because it's so new. The H6 series has been on the market since 2016, that doesn't automatically mean it's older technology, maybe Hisense just repackage the stuff I have no idea. The H6 has 4 HDMI 2.0 ports and 2 HDMI 1.4 ports where the R6 has 3 HDMI 2.0 ports.

I would say for the same cost and with roku, the R6 is a better "deal" but the H6 have been highly reviewed for it's price point in the last year or so.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1789 posts
675 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm split between these three TVs, as they are in the same price range:

55" Vizio M55-E0
58" Samsung MU6100
60" Sony X690E

Any recommendations? Most usage will be for shows and movies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5766 posts
961 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
BenK22 wrote: If anyone else ordered from Dell, check your order status.

My Vizio M55 order went from estimated delivery December 1st to:

Estimated Delivery Date: 10/01/2018 (updated)
Just the opposite for me -
I ordered a Vizio M55 from Dell last Friday.
Estimated delivery date was Dec. 4th

Except Purolator shows it in town today, Nov. 28th, already - almost a week ahead of schedule
Aug 28, 2007
621 posts
269 upvotes
Thorold
krs wrote: Just the opposite for me -

Except Purolator shows it in town today, Nov. 28th, already - almost a week ahead of schedule
Ahh nice, I ended up emailing and cancelling my order. I ordered around 2PM Eastern on Friday.
Nov 25, 2014
333 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jdu0ng wrote: I'm split between these three TVs, as they are in the same price range:

55" Vizio M55-E0
58" Samsung MU6100
60" Sony X690E

I ordered the 55" Vizio M55 from Costco and have already set it up. The picture quality is amazing and I am loving it. I compared with the Sammy and the Sony and found the pictures to be more vibrant and beautiful - well thats my opinion. :)
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1789 posts
675 upvotes
Mississauga
krs wrote: Just the opposite for me -

Why not get from Costco? Same price for 2 year warranty. Easier to return in store if need be
Apr 19, 2012
36 posts
12 upvotes
jdu0ng wrote: I'm split between these three TVs, as they are in the same price range:

55" Vizio M55-E0
58" Samsung MU6100
60" Sony X690E

I just got the Sony 60X690E, Very happy with the TV so far, it looks huge compared to my previous 50 inch. The bottom line for me is that the picture quality on the Sony is great, so I went with the bigger tv. The PQ on the M55 may be marginally better and it may be alot better at HDR, but I have never heard of HDR before I went to buy a TV this year let alone have access to HDR content. If you invest heavily in up to date content that includes HDR then sure the M55 is probably the way to go. But the average viewer will benefit more from the extra screen real estate than splitting hairs on PQ between amazing and a little more amazing.
Aug 28, 2007
621 posts
269 upvotes
Thorold
jdu0ng wrote: Why not get from Costco? Same price for 2 year warranty. Easier to return in store if need be
Coupon stacking.

5% Dell MPP
$15 off $199
10% Ebates
and possibly 10% coupon if you had one in your email.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)