• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2017 11:10 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 26, 2017
365 posts
374 upvotes
Montréal
I wanted to buy from Dell but changed my mind the last minute. The rep that I spoke with mentioned that if ever the unit I get is defective, I will still be the one shouldering the 15% fee. I read it from their Terms & Conditions and just verified with their support team.
😄
Oct 13, 2013
44 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
I ordered one from Dell and then decided to spend a bit more with Costco because of their return policy.

Although I canceled the Dell within a few hours, they sent it to me anyway and charged my credit card. This is despite me talking to them three times before it arrived. I talked to them a fourth time and they assured me it will get sorted out. I can’t even track the item through my account on their webpage.

Anybody had to deal with this before? Should I call my credit card company to reverse the charges? I don’t have faith Dell can figure it out.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5772 posts
963 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
I'm having a similar problem with Dell.

Through some mix up with the discounts, I ended up ordering two M55's and even though I cancelled one within 2 hours of the order and was assured it was cancelled, Dell still shipped it out.
Both are charged to my credit card at this point but Dell assured me I will get a credit for the cancelled one in a few days.

I will just wait for that.

Purolator finally got the message that one TV needs to be returned to Dell, so I assume that one doesn't show up at the door.

I'm a bit surprised at the comment about paying a 15% restocking fee if the item is defective.
There is nothing to "restock" - a defective item needs to go back to the manufacturer or distributor - not put back in stock and sold to the next customer.

In fact, most items of any value I have purchased lately have a big note when one unpacks it which states to not contact the retailer if there is a problem but to contact the manufacturer directly
Oct 13, 2013
44 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm surprised at how bad Dell's computer systems are. They even contacted me the day before shipping it that I wanted to cancel. Yet 24 hours later, they sent it. And they don't seem to have a record that it was even delivered.

I think I'll call my credit card company to reverse the charge. Luckily, I saved my chat log with Dell saying I wanted to cancel, a day and half before they shipped it.

I buy computers and monitors from them for my business and haven't had an issue before, but now I'm not sure I want to do business with them anymore. They seem to be very disorganized and not very customer friendly.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5772 posts
963 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
If you do call you CC company, let us know how it goes.

Last time I tried that the CC company asked if I have done business with that company before...and if the answer is yes, they don't want to get involved.
They told me to sort it out with the company directly.

Sure a big change in attitude compared to years ago when the CC company would just do a charge back and placed the onus on the merchant to prove this was a valid charge.
Oct 13, 2013
44 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok, my answer to that will be no. Never heard of Dell before all this. I thought they were a telephone company.
Feb 7, 2014
3 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
AmaranthLily wrote: No, I did not get any new update yet. The order details still says :

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Please let me know if you get a more informative answer from Amazon when you call in. Thank you! :)
I going to cancel the Amazon order as they don't think they will get any more of the X690E before January or at all. Ended up buying the Sony X690E on the Source.com as Ebates is offering 2% back and $25 off order with Newsletter sign up. Price ends up being about $50 more vs Amazon. However, worth knowing I'll get it next week and I can pick up myself at a local source store and not be charged shipping (Like best buy is currently charging). Today is the last day to get it on the source.ca for the sale price.
May 2, 2016
82 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
jordanwjamieson wrote: I going to cancel the Amazon order as they don't think they will get any more of the X690E before January or at all. Ended up buying the Sony X690E on the Source.com as Ebates is offering 2% back and $25 off order with Newsletter sign up. Price ends up being about $50 more vs Amazon. However, worth knowing I'll get it next week and I can pick up myself at a local source store and not be charged shipping (Like best buy is currently charging). Today is the last day to get it on the source.ca for the sale price.
I just contacted Amazon via e-mail at 7:30pm (EST) and received back a response from an Amazon rep just now (10:30pm). Very speedy! The response I got was:

Hello,

I understand your concern.

In this case, there is no need to worry I will explain this for you.

As you mentioned it is around 800$, personally we checked with investigation team that this item "Sony KD60X690E 60-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)" get in stock with us (ship and sold by amazon) is 3 to 4 weeks.

I assure that on or before December month you will get this item.

Once it is in stock we will ship it to you immediately.

Since my family and I are not in a hurry for the TV (though of course, it would be nice to get it sooner!), I don't mind waiting. At least the Amazon representative "assured" that it will come before the end of December. :) In my e-mail to them, I emphasized that I would just like to confirm whether this order will go through, and if so, when. So glad that the Amazon rep gave me a clear answer and gave a "guarantee" in writing.
Oct 13, 2013
44 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
I think I am on my 7th call with Dell trying to arrange return of the TV. The last guy asked if he should start a return. Dummy, I clicked return almost a week ago now. :rolleyes:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)