Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

5000 PC Optimum points for every $50 spent on any combination of Happy Kid & Happy Thank You gift cards (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2021 5:55 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2018
1628 posts
2994 upvotes

5000 PC Optimum points for every $50 spent on any combination of Happy Kid & Happy Thank You gift cards (YMMV)

Expiry:
May 19, 2021
Got this offer on my PC Optimum account. Not as good as the previous offer of 7500 points for every $50 but better than nothing. Might also be available at other Loblaw banner stores
Images
  • 4C3D0018-F2B5-4C8F-97CA-021720F9181E.jpeg
Last edited by AndrewT5406 on May 13th, 2021 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
66 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
Cool!

Happy thanks:
Indigo, Boston Pizza, SportChek, Hudson's Bay, Staples, Foot Locker

Happy kid:
Children's Place, ES Marios, Indigo, Mastermind Toys, SportChek, Kernels

only staples is interesting for me,
another one to look out for was the happy home which has petsmart and home depot
Dec 9, 2001
975 posts
707 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know if the gift cards work on the Staples.ca website?
Or is it in store purchases only?

I can't think of anything to buy with my CIBC 8% cashback, so I'm thinking I might as well buy some GC.

EDIT: So I dug up an old thread which had a similar deal.
You cannot use it directly on the Staples website, But, you can use the card to buy a Staples.ca gift card.
Jun 24, 2016
698 posts
712 upvotes
ShocWave wrote: Does anyone know if the gift cards work on the Staples.ca website?
Or is it in store purchases only?

I can't think of anything to buy with my CIBC 8% cashback, so I'm thinking I might as well buy some GC.

EDIT: So I dug up an old thread which had a similar deal.
You cannot use it directly on the Staples website, But, you can use the card to buy a Staples.ca gift card.
Pretty sure it's the opposite. Staples gift cards can't be used online whereas Happy Cards can be input as a credit card on Staples. People buy the Happy Thank You Cards just to buy gift cards that aren't normally on sale (e.g. gas gift cards).
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
Omesuri wrote: Pretty sure it's the opposite. Staples gift cards can't be used online whereas Happy Cards can be input as a credit card on Staples. People buy the Happy Thank You Cards just to buy gift cards that aren't normally on sale (e.g. gas gift cards).
wow this is a game changer.
can you confirm that this works? theyve got a bunch of GCs online inlcuding sobeys
https://www.staples.ca/products/2888347 ... -gift-card

which essentialy is 10% if your theory works.
May 25, 2015
539 posts
1262 upvotes
on
Or use this to meet minimum spends for credit cards. Some people churn offers and then resell the giftcards on the BST forums at 10% off. I personally will buy esso cards after to get 10% return in points. Staples will mail you the physical card and then just activate it on their website.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2001
1080 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
The cards state that they can only be used at the specific retailers listed on the front, however there is clearly "overlap" with some stores that appear on multiple different themed cards. For example, has anyone tried spending a "Happy Thanks" card at Home Depot which appears on "Happy Home"?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
3273 posts
5844 upvotes
Toronto
Somehow no frills posts my points right away this time. Now, need to find a way to burn my pc points. Maybe a PS5 when there is a redemption event at SDM. And managed to finish my MSR for the new credit card. Nice
Images
  • C75DB922-D367-4C6D-BD22-32D618DE7099.jpeg
May 25, 2015
539 posts
1262 upvotes
on
You guys can stretch this further and try using the esso giftcards to purchase other cards in the store
Jan 25, 2020
226 posts
1169 upvotes
Bought $300 of the Home version of this card to use at Home Depot. They told me they no longer support it, had to wait a month to get my money back in the mail.

Be careful when you buy these as the retailed on the card may no longer accept them.
Jan 1, 2020
91 posts
129 upvotes
I picked one up at RCSS yesterday. The points were added to my account instantly.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6150 upvotes
Optom2018 wrote: You guys can stretch this further and try using the esso giftcards to purchase other cards in the store
Can you provide more details in which store to use the esso giftcards ?
Sep 17, 2012
113 posts
122 upvotes
Brampton
fredean01 wrote: Bought $300 of the Home version of this card to use at Home Depot. They told me they no longer support it, had to wait a month to get my money back in the mail.

Be careful when you buy these as the retailed on the card may no longer accept them.
I just used the Happy Home card at Home Depot about an hour back. What did you tell them? Gift card or Visa card? I just told them Visa card and swiped and it worked without any issues.
May 25, 2015
539 posts
1262 upvotes
on
ml88888888 wrote: Can you provide more details in which store to use the esso giftcards ?
just inside the gas station
Jan 25, 2020
226 posts
1169 upvotes
simrannagra9 wrote: I just used the Happy Home card at Home Depot about an hour back. What did you tell them? Gift card or Visa card? I just told them Visa card and swiped and it worked without any issues.

That's so wierd.. we tried everything at the cash register... I called the customer service line and the guy told me that they no longer support Home Depot... just got the refund by cheque in the mail last week. I am in QC, not sure if it is because of my province...
Sep 17, 2012
113 posts
122 upvotes
Brampton
fredean01 wrote: That's so wierd.. we tried everything at the cash register... I called the customer service line and the guy told me that they no longer support Home Depot... just got the refund by cheque in the mail last week. I am in QC, not sure if it is because of my province...
Oh then the issue might be because of province as I used it in Ontario.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6150 upvotes
Optom2018 wrote: just inside the gas station
I am not 100% sure what you are trying to do. So you would use the Happy Thanks card at Staples to buy Esso cards. Then you would use Esso card at Esso station store to buy other gift cards. If that is what you want to do, why not just buy the gift cards from Staples directly, unless Staples doesn't have the card you want and Esso has the card.