Expired Freebies

5000 PC Points for Downloading PC Plus app!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2016 2:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
1145 posts
720 upvotes

5000 PC Points for Downloading PC Plus app!

5000 points are worth $5

14 replies
Feb 4, 2012
236 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I downloaded the app at lunch but I didn't see where the 5000 pts were available
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7185 posts
414 upvotes
York
Got the same email and downloaded the app. Not sure when we get the points.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3040 posts
2045 upvotes
Canadia
G0DKING wrote: Thanks, are there any other Terms and Conditions

If not, I'll uninstall and redownload Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
There are ominous terms and conditions attached to this delightful app. In exchange for $5 in store credit, you're granting them access to track your location and "personal information" about your social media use and your browsing and app habits.

"In order to understand current and future consumer interests and to improve or develop new products, services, programs, promotions, contests or events, President’s Choice Services Inc. may track and analyze your use of the application, including offers viewed, opt-out preferences, click-throughs and other use of features. We may collect personal information and non-personal information electronically, directly from you or through third parties. For instance, we may access personal information about you when you share information about yourself on social media networks and also when you interact with us electronically such as through our information technology systems, websites, email, mobile applications, social media properties or online advertising.

If you choose to download or use this application (“app”), we may receive personal information and non-personal information about your current location and about your mobile device, tablet, or browser, such as a unique identifier for your device. Most devices, tablets and browsers allow you to turn off the tracking of your location. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use some of the app features."
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
Back in April it seems like nobody got the 5000 points if they didn't get the targeted email. I certainly didn't.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1454 upvotes
Richmond
retrothing wrote: There are ominous terms and conditions attached to this delightful app.
Although I'm as concerned as anyone about privacy-invading apps, I think that ship has sailed. If you are participating in the PC Plus points program, you are already selling personal information about what you buy and when.

In any case, Google and Apple have made it clear that they are in the privacy-selling business, and the cost of using modern mobile devices is loss of privacy. But it should always be pointed out, so thanks for that.
Nov 29, 2015
130 posts
68 upvotes
This is a targeted promotion but during the last promotion some people were able to receive 5000 points after they asked for them via e-mail.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2010
1432 posts
352 upvotes
I downloaded the app, and had to email them about my 5000 pts. They made the change the following day. You have to followup with them otherwise no points.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4446 posts
6837 upvotes
Ontario
The points offer came by e-mail and showed up in my PC Plus account. I did not load the points offer as my vintage laptop is hardly mobile for shopping unless
I wish to risk supermarket cart crash by balancing the device on the seat.
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡
Banned
Jan 12, 2015
4107 posts
27310 upvotes
I went in to download my offers today and receiving 5000 points when installing app was one of the offers listed.

After I installed the app, the app screen shows 5000 points being added to my PC Plus account.

I went back to the PC Plus website and sure enough all the points were accounted for.

PC must have learned from the last time the offer was made, because it went smoothly and points awarded instantly ( downloaded through Apple).
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10858 posts
4182 upvotes
I did this one previously I think ...