Tags:
None
Jul 29, 2007
93 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
RFDQ1016 wrote: Purcolor, DTS is missing on 6270
thanks.

aargh,. I cannot decide. I was set on the 6290 but now am reconsidering the sony x850D.. I watch a lot of hockey and am worried the 6290 will not keep up
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1577 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
Is the p50 going to get to the same price as black friday?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7270 posts
4730 upvotes
Canada
stanleylai wrote: Is the p50 going to get to the same price as black friday?
It's 1199. Same as BF
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Oct 14, 2010
145 posts
16 upvotes
Woodstock
luongo321 wrote: Can I pricematch costco with walmart? Wait, does this count as a boxing day sale for costco (i know you can't pricematch boxing day stuff, but i wasn't sure if this was technically a boxing day price).
Not sure. But you can buy it on Costco website even if you're not a member... just don't add a number on the order screen and it'll still go through.
You only get the manufacturer warranty though, not as good as a Costco warranty.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
3846 posts
1652 upvotes
dancraig wrote: The Samsung 55 6290 is on Costco site for 799 right now.
Bought in store today for $880. If I go on the 26th will they match online prices?
Jul 29, 2007
93 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
ok people - Samsung ku6290 or Sony x850D for an avid hockey fan? worth the extra? blacks tolerable? :)
Sep 14, 2009
674 posts
111 upvotes
dancraig wrote: Not sure. But you can buy it on Costco website even if you're not a member... just don't add a number on the order screen and it'll still go through.
You only get the manufacturer warranty though, not as good as a Costco warranty.
hmm.. interesting! my sis has a membership. would i be able to use her membership, but use my credit card/shipping address?
Sep 14, 2009
674 posts
111 upvotes
sweet. my dad checked the walmart site a few minutes early and the samsung 55" is also available on walmart's website for $798 even though they didn't advertise it. :D

Already checked out before 4 pm.

edit: LOL. i just went to the bestbuy website and they have me in a line to access the website. hahahaha. here i am already checked out through walmart before even 4 pm. Glad that i went with walmart for this purchase. :D
Last edited by luongo321 on Dec 24th, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19501 posts
4649 upvotes
Thornhill
CES 2017 coming soon. How much of this crap do I have to relearn and what new ridiculousness will come out of it?
Massive, beautiful tellies are something of a staple at CES. It’s almost inevitable that more than a few wall-dwarfing whoppers will appear - such as last year’s LG UH9800, a 98in, 8K display that had us gawping.

Aside from the show kit, though, CES usually delivers some delicious displays within the consumer price range - and 2017 should be no exception.

Sony, for example, is believed to be unveiling its long-rumoured line of OLED TVs, which is a truly titillating prospect. Its 55XD9305 telly blew us away earlier this year, let down only by a lack of darkness. OLED should solve that.

Samsung is showing up as well, with early reports pointing towards a host of TVs hitting the stands - most notably a new HDR, quantum-dot display. Chief rival to the OLED technology favoured by LG, Samsung claims its quantum-dot tech delivers a greater range of colour than OLED and is pushing it hard. A new model will only ignite this big screen war further - which has us excited.

As for LG itself, it’s the company’s new 4K HDR monitors that have grabbed headlines so far - but, with the UP970 4K Blu-ray machine pencilled to be unwrapped come CES, it’s likely that we’ll see a whole host of TV and home cinema kit from the Korean manufacturer.

Not to be forgotten, Nvidia is at the source of much speculation, given its prior form at CES. New PC graphics cards are almost a given, but we might also see new chips and - just maybe - a follow-up to the ultra-powerful Shield TV box.

What of Dolby Vision, though? Well, you can be sure that a lot of talk will surround just how it compares to HDR 10, in the biggest format war this side of Beta Max and VHS.

Read more at http://www.stuff.tv/features/what-were- ... z5T3xoS.99
Jan 5, 2004
458 posts
141 upvotes
Wondering which 65" to pick:

Sony x750d vs Samsung 6290 (same price)

Will costco store prices differently from website?
What benefit does Samsung 6490 over 6290 (for $100 more)? Does curve screen has any benefit?
Dec 16, 2007
186 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mmbilly wrote: I'm looking at the 65B6P...did he offer it to you for $3999...I'm thinking of pulling the trigger.
I did not purchase the 65B6P, I purchased the 65E6P

But, $3999 for 65B6P, Isn't it the same price as Best Buy during boxing week? I think you can negotiate a lower price, as Hifi City is not exactly Best Buy :)
Mar 31, 2013
112 posts
27 upvotes
dana_2 wrote: I did not purchase the 65B6P, I purchased the 65E6P

But, $3999 for 65B6P, Isn't it the same price as Best Buy during boxing week? I think you can negotiate a lower price, as Hifi City is not exactly Best Buy :)
When I called Mike at Hi Fi City he said $3999, same as Boxing Day....I'm in Arizona and can't be back to haggle at the store....just picked it up on Best Buy online for $3999 so happy with that...had $300 of gift cards so that helped....are you getting a sound bar with yours???....any suggestions?...I got the 65BP because I'm not a gamer...golf. hockey baseball and some movies and shows are good for me.