Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2006
1914 posts
600 upvotes

$589 – Bahamas Cruise on Mega-Ship w/Balcony Cabin & Tips

Deal Link:
FLORIDA, BAHAMAS, MEXICO
$589 – Bahamas Cruise on Mega-Ship w/Balcony Cabin & Tips

Jan to March dates, multiple cruise lines, book by Dec 19, follow the link fordetails.

The Deal
Escape to warm breezes and sunny beaches and visit ports in the Bahamas, Florida and Mexico, sailing from South Florida. With this sale, Travelzoo members score an upgraded cabin aboard Royal Caribbean as well as prepaid gratuities ($203 value).

Here are some of our favourite itineraries from Miami, featuring balcony cabins aboard Mariner of the Seas, for the following per-person prices:

$585-$719 (US$439-US$539) ... three nights departing Jan. 4, 11; Mar. 8, 15, 22, 29
Ports include Coco Cay/Bahamas and Nassau
$639-$745 (US$479-US$559) … four nights departing Jan. 7, 14; Feb. 4
Ports include Nassau and Coco Cay/Bahamas
$695 (US$519) … 5 nights departing Jan. 30
Ports include Costa Maya and Cozumel
Additional itineraries available aboard Jewel of the Seas and Independence of the Seas include:

$735 (US$549) … four nights from Miami on March 14, 28
Ports include Cozumel
$695-$815 (US$519-$609) ... five nights from Ft. Lauderdale on Jan. 13, 27; Feb. 10
Ports include Nassau and Labadi/Labadee
This is part of a larger sale that also includes roundtrip itineraries from Miami on Norwegian Cruises starting at $559 (US$419) per person for three to five nights aboard Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Jade. This includes upgraded oceanview and balcony cabins, plus prepaid gratuities and a US$100 onboard credit for select January-March dates.
41 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1003 posts
2217 upvotes
lel
As an unseasoned cruise person I'm curious to know why the downvotes.
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Nov 17, 2014
596 posts
608 upvotes
QC
Did not downvote this, because to each their own.
But
Cruise? No
Mega-ship? That's not a selling point at all, in fact, it's a deterrent!

Rant over.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1311 posts
1115 upvotes
Montreal
Because open bar is not included

But probably because it departs from Florida
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3021 posts
1814 upvotes
GTA
aerok wrote: Because open bar is not included

But probably because it departs from Florida
This....
also for $700+ all inclusive to the Caribbean are what people look for as deals
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
Hmm I wonder how these prices are compared to Royal Caribbeans 30% off new itinerary or when they do 50% off second guest.
My horn can pierce the sky
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6381 posts
6220 upvotes
lilmikey wrote: This....
also for $700+ all inclusive to the Caribbean are what people look for as deals
Yeah... Drink package, not a big deal... Most cruisers know that drinks are not usually included.

Price is the issue here... After flights, port fees, daily gratuity charges etc, these "deals" end up costing close to $3000 CAD for a 3-4 night cruise? Crazy expensive, balcony or not.

Our 7 night Bermuda cruise out of NJ earlier this year was $499+..... Inside cabin, but a balcony would have been ~100 more.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5048 posts
1694 upvotes
Mississauga
A good deal is usually less than $100/night.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3222 posts
951 upvotes
Mississauga
Interesting that the independence and Jewel of the seas are considered to be "Mega ships". The indy is freedom class which is the 2nd largest class but the jewel is radiance class which by today's standards is average sized.

http://www.cruise-international.com/roy ... hip-class/
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9041 posts
3629 upvotes
Toronto
3 or 4 night cruises are usually party cruises where many people are drunk and noisy for almost the entire duration of the cruise. The sample cruise prices shown are not cheap, especially because we have to add airfare, and gratuities on top. If getting to Florida for cruise, you'd want more than 3 or 4 nights.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2454 posts
1051 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote: Yeah... Drink package, not a big deal... Most cruisers know that drinks are not usually included.

Price is the issue here... After flights, port fees, daily gratuity charges etc, these "deals" end up costing close to $3000 CAD for a 3-4 night cruise? Crazy expensive, balcony or not.

Our 7 night Bermuda cruise out of NJ earlier this year was $499+..... Inside cabin, but a balcony would have been ~100 more.
Lol $3000? I fly from Buffalo for around $100 to florida. Carnival sunshine 8 days last year for less than 700 inside cabin. There are hidden fee though with cruising i.e gratuities. I usually go to disney or universal while I am in Florida as well so it's like killing two birds with one stone.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1880 posts
2526 upvotes
GTA
superfresh89 wrote: Yeah... Drink package, not a big deal... Most cruisers know that drinks are not usually included.

Details pls on this Bermuda cruise?? What month! Where? When? How do I get this for a similar price????
Jan 16, 2008
345 posts
93 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: Lol $3000? I fly from Buffalo for around $100 to florida. Carnival sunshine 8 days last year for less than 700 inside cabin. There are hidden fee though with cruising i.e gratuities. I usually go to disney or universal while I am in Florida as well so it's like killing two birds with one stone.
Care to share more details on this... Coz I have been trying to find a cheap flights from Buffalo to Fort L, Orlando, Miami last year and for next year, its not even close to $100/per.... I even look at Ohio flights and they're are not even close to that price..
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2454 posts
1051 upvotes
ryanpuge wrote: Care to share more details on this... Coz I have been trying to find a cheap flights from Buffalo to Fort L, Orlando, Miami last year and for next year, its not even close to $100/per.... I even look at Ohio flights and they're are not even close to that price..
go to https://www.cheaptickets.com/ there are a few other site. You'll pay in USD and worked out to be $100 cad. I usually book the cruise then look for last minute flight. Sometime I get direct fly from buffallo and one stop. Actually flight to Orlando is alot cheaper than to miami. You can fly to Fort then drive to Miami still cheaper than fly from toronto. Did this last time for another cruise.

Also look for one way and then look for the return fly. It's usually cheaper. Round trip is more expensive. One way is dirt cheap.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2017
4785 posts
4526 upvotes
Ottawa
Pingalino wrote: As an unseasoned cruise person I'm curious to know why the downvotes.
Because it’s the Bahamas, short cruise that results in a high per day cost. Not a good deal at all.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2454 posts
1051 upvotes

On Carnival, you can opt out on the daily gratuities of $12+ per person. You can give the amount you like or not at all to who deserve it more. Like the person who clean your room. The daily gratuities is a rip off.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6381 posts
6220 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: Lol $3000? I fly from Buffalo for around $100 to florida. Carnival sunshine 8 days last year for less than 700 inside cabin. There are hidden fee though with cruising i.e gratuities. I usually go to disney or universal while I am in Florida as well so it's like killing two birds with one stone.
Umm it's pretty close to $3000...

$700 US +port fees x2 people is already $2000 CAD... Flights, hotel, taxi, etc easily brings it up to $2500 CAD, even assuming $100 flights. Buffalo is a 10 hour drive for me so that ain't happening.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6381 posts
6220 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: On Carnival, you can opt out on the daily gratuities of $12+ per person. You can give the amount you like or not at all to who deserve it more. Like the person who clean your room. The daily gratuities is a rip off.
Sure, but then again... you're on a Carnival cruise :(
Feb 27, 2009
981 posts
1408 upvotes
With All cruise lines you can adjust gratuities,

As for carnival versus others, I have done celebrity, rcl, carnival, Norwegian.

Carnival had the most fun cruises and better beds then all of them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6381 posts
6220 upvotes
yellman wrote: With All cruise lines you can adjust gratuities,

As for carnival versus others, I have done celebrity, rcl, carnival, Norwegian.

Carnival had the most fun cruises and better beds then all of them.
Not anymore. I don't know about others but both NCL and Celebrity do not allow adjusting the daily gratuities as of last year.

Cruising is very subjective. I find Carnival ships in general are party ships with younger crowds. Carnival also seems has the most nickle and diming with upcharges everywhere.

Out of the cruises I've been on, my favorites were the Disney Magic, the Celebrity Reflection and the Carribean Princess
Last edited by KanataKG on Dec 12th, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)